[Game] Nes Emulator -[R]- 5th Jan 2011 -[U]- 14th Feb 2011 -[V]- 1.2

Search This thread

Shinedown

Jan 17, 2011
Hello,

i cant find the Nesemulator here in this Thread. I want to download the .zip data. Can someone upload the .zip pls?
Sorry my english is not so well^^

vagabond1

Jan 22, 2008
there are also PD (Public Domain) roms, and after 20 years code goes PD. This includes some older NES games that have never been reprinted.. I can probably link to some in a minute...

Tuska

Nov 17, 2010
The domain is very unstable. It seems to go offline few hours every day..

Too bad I actually paid for the hosting.

But it always comes back up!

Tuska

Nov 17, 2010
I've been working and debugging with vagabond1 and megagprime, but I'm afraid I still need a device of my own to fix that framerate issue.

It might take months, but I'll release working version eventually =)

ErikWithNoC

Jan 9, 2011
Maine
Great first start. There's another developer on YouTube who has been creating an NES app (have you contacted him?). I wasn't able to find a .xap of his though so I installed yours. It needs some work, but it's a great first step!

vagabond1

Jan 22, 2008
mattbetcher's? yeah his is stable but you have to compile it yourself, ROM included. That makes distributing the .xap illegal. It is open source though, and at one point it did run near fullspeed on handset

ErikWithNoC

Jan 9, 2011
Maine
mattbetcher's? yeah his is stable but you have to compile it yourself, ROM included. That makes distributing the .xap illegal. It is open source though, and at one point it did run near fullspeed on handset

I tried downloading his source code, but I'm having trouble compiling it (I'm not asking for help as this is not the right place for it). Why don't you work with him to help come together and create a single NES emulator?

EDIT

I actually got it deployed, just getting used to the software (never really used it before). It does run much, much smoother, but no sound, saves, or menu system is a bummer.

Last edited:

Tuska

Nov 17, 2010
Any tips where is the source for matt's emulator?

Edit: Damn it was hard to find!

Let's see.. *starts reading the code*

Last edited:

megagprime

Aug 6, 2008
dam, last version loaded all my roms but now i can't get any loaded :(
the screen flashes with some info along the right hand side then closes immediately:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Name: NES Emulator for Windows Phone 7

Instructions for loading rom files:

1) Sideload the app to the phone by dev tools or some other means
    2) The app appears in the xbox live tab among with other games.
    3) Roms are added by typing in an direct http url (ie. http://www.myhomepages.com/roms/somegame.nes) and clicking download, if all goes well the rom appears on the main listbox.
    3.5) Zip files are not supported. Get that Rom directly somehow
    4) select rom and click play

Gaming mode application buttons are pause/play, save, load and sounds on/off
    Most of the nes roms should work.

Source: Me.

Download Link: http://www.cs.uta.fi/~tp79800/nes/Emu120.xap

update: updated xap url, but still same old emulator
    thx man, your ROM worked. cant figger out what was wrong with mine...

like everyone is saying, no sound and a little laggy, but a awesome app non the less! keep up the good work man!

I could use some 'Thanks' for my sad thanksmeter ;)
    No problem
    OK im making good on what I said earlier. Here's a site with a list (and DL link?) to many PD legal ROMs. This site should be compliant with XDA-Dev rules but if not please remove, mod!

http://www.nes-emulator.com/free_nes_roms.htm

If anyone needs a mirror I can upload
    Easy way to get a URL

If you use DropBox you can quickly put a rom in your public folder and get the URI from the DropBox right click menu...
    --------------
    BTW, I'm the author of a SharpDropBox Client for .NET (over on CodePlex -- sharpdropbox.codeplex.com -- sorry not enough posts here to post an outside link) which is really just a client for WP7. I'm not sure if the author used XNA or Silverlight, but if he used the latter he could integrate my library to make it easy for those of us who can sideload to get stuff on the device. If not, I'm not sure if my library will work with XNA or not (I need to learn XNA and figure this out)

I'm hoping to give a talk on this at MIX this year (I'm actually working on creating a client library for a few other similar services for WP7).

Anyway, if he wants to get in contact with me I would love to give him a hand with this..

DevTheo
    Next version is up, 1.1.0.

I hope for better framerate! and touch input should be more responsive now.

I also tried that dropbox api, but the login didn't work.