Trident Case for Nexus 5

Search This thread

ItsAiden

Feb 12, 2014
They said on Facebook they will only be doing the aegis

This makes me extremely sad, because I loved the Kraken AMS for my previous phone. Generally, I'm careful with my devices, but every so often, I need rugged protection. That kickstand was nice, too. May get the Ballistic case, or hold out for another kickstand-havin' rugged case. Until then, I'll keep it in the Spigen UH.

So the trident case comes with a screen protector. I seen through the thread that it does not come applied, so I'm assuming that it is not integrated with the case and instead a separate thing?

-wardawgmalvicious
Rooted N5/N7 2nd Gen
MultiROM TWRP
Franco Kernel
Stock 4.4.2 infused with GB
Ubuntu Touch r226
-Sent using Tapatalk

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.
So the trident case comes with a screen protector. I seen through the thread that it does not come applied, so I'm assuming that it is not integrated with the case and instead a separate thing?

-wardawgmalvicious
Rooted N5/N7 2nd Gen
MultiROM TWRP
Franco Kernel
Stock 4.4.2 infused with GB
Ubuntu Touch r226
-Sent using Tapatalk

Yeah its separate. Its actually better than the protectors I got from T-Mobile.

nb31b

Jan 14, 2014
This makes me extremely sad, because I loved the Kraken AMS for my previous phone. Generally, I'm careful with my devices, but every so often, I need rugged protection. That kickstand was nice, too. May get the Ballistic case, or hold out for another kickstand-havin' rugged case. Until then, I'll keep it in the Spigen UH.

Something like this? http://www.seidioonline.com/lg-google-nexus-5-dilex-metal-kickstand-case-black-p/csk3lgn5k-bk.htm

Just sold my Xperia Z1 on eBay and going to pick up a Nexus 5, thanks for all the reviews on the Aegis!! I'll probably pick it up once I get the Nexus.

nbell13

Aug 10, 2011
Weird mine was like yours, and the boxes shipped in perfect condition for me. I had a theory it was intentional so the hard part could be removed easily along with the case altogether.

Mine didn't seal at the top either, until I realized that some of the inner part of the case on the side with the volume rockers and the area around the camera were partially stuck under the plastic.. Use a fingernail to pry them out and it fits perfectly

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kingston73

Feb 8, 2011
Question for all of you who have been using the trident, would it fit with a tempered glass screen protector? I have a spigen glas tr and I like the looks of this Trident case but I'm not sure it will fit without lifting the glas T.

kingston73

Feb 8, 2011
Question for all of you who have been using the trident, would it fit with a tempered glass screen protector? I have a spigen glas tr and I like the looks of this Trident case but I'm not sure it will fit without lifting the glas T.

I'm going to quote and answer myself, if anybody is thinking about getting this case according to trident customer service it will definitely work with a tempered glass screen protector. I emailed them and got a response that they did not know if it would fit, and then a few hours later I got a second response saying they had gotten some employees to check and it definitely fit with a glass TR. Pretty sure I'm going to be ordering one of these, the case looks good and their customer service seems top notch:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pictures & Thought's

So, with using Trident Case in the past I thought I would go and be one of the first "testers" of the case if you want to call it that lol. The case is great and all but I will be asking for an exchange for another one because one of the problems was that the case wasn't lining up with the speaker & microphone grill. The other noted part would be the top of the phone, the first part of the case & the second part do not settle (no other words to describe, refer to pictures) & that bothers me so that's my other reason for getting a replacement.

Side Note: When I got it, the box was all beat up like it's been crushed. Not sure if Trident is at fault or USPS.
    Trident Aegis for Nexus 5 released. Unfortunately i can't post links, so you can look under the Google section on the Trident site.
    Suddenly I feel somewhat dissapointed since I overlooked the ballistic case since of that one review I saw. Hope Aegis is just as good *fingers crossed *

It is, I dropped my phone twice today lol, & it survived every drop.

Thanks. Is there anyway you can take pics with the phone in the case also?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'll try to get some pictures with it in the case tomorrow.

Side Note: I realized the speaker grill was lined up, the hard part of the case has it's own filter over it.
    Nice case, I´m happy with my Spigen Slim Armor "smooth black" though ;)
    Ha. I'm doing a YouTube giveaway for my slim armor. I'm going to get the aegis in white.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Can you review the aegis on YouTube once you get it? I wanna know the quality.