Lost imei after Flashing custom kernel

Search This thread

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Hello guys,

I actually wanted to get that double tap to wake and pac/aokp on my z1. I was on 4.4. Did the backups, unlocked the bootloader. I flashed pimp my z1 kernel via twrp. Then I flashed aokp. Imei lost. Same thing for pac. I even tried restoring all partitions from backup and since I was on UB it shouldn't be a problem,right?
Well, even though I restored stock rooted rom which worked perfectly fine before I still did not have the imei.
I went back to stock.534 for now.

Do you guys have any tips for me? Im out of ideas on a crappy rom and I'd really love to get pac/aokp or any other custom rom that is cm based.

Sorry for typos. Writing with stock Sony keyboard is a pain.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Vaith

Feb 15, 2011
If you were trying everything, so you lost your IMEI for ever.

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
I'm not getting a simlock and I got my imei back. The problem is that if I flash custom kernel with custom rom my imei is gone.

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
I'm not getting a simlock and I got my imei back. The problem is that if I flash custom kernel with custom rom my imei is gone.

yes, that thread explains how to properly port the rom so you don't lose IMEI or get simlock

which custom roms are you flashing, please provide the links to the thread.

Reactions: olokos

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
I'm using C6903. I'm positive about it.

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Nope. I'm using C6903 I don't think that's a good idea to flash C6903 modules on it or is it?

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Nope. I'm using C6903 I don't think that's a good idea to flash C6903 modules on it or is it?

Those packages are for c6902

It might be worth a go. You may have an actual c6902 handset (Check the box and/or SI number) that is now reporting its c6903 due to a build.prop entry

Try it, you can always flash back to stock FTF as you did last time.

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Greg, honestly. I'm using C6903. That's written on a box, on that small thing that slides out of the phone and I can use LTE network without a problem. It's a 100% C6903.
I'll do that though, but I don't think that this will change anything.

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Thank you. Hopefully we will sort it out. :)

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
I also tried to do ota to.136 which fails after I press install and the phone gets rebooted. I restored my TA so.that's not an issue.

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
I also tried to do ota to.136 which fails after I press install and the phone gets rebooted. I restored my TA so.that's not an issue.

Never do an OTA with an unlocked bootloader, it explicitly says so on the Sony website where you unlock your bootloader.

EDIT, you relocked, that's good.

Which FTF can you flash and get an IMEI working again

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Never do an OTA with an unlocked bootloader, it explicitly says so on the Sony website where you unlock your bootloader.

Yeah i know. I double checked if my bootloader is relocked before updating.

.534 FTF gives me back my IMEI. Havent checked anything else yet. I do need a working phone function. :p

Last edited:

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
I restored my previous backup and flashed stock kernel via ftf and I'm back to where I previously was (except that all of the contents of internal memory is gone)

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Bump
I really want to try custom roms.

Just2Cause

Oct 27, 2013
Doha, Qatar
.534 FTF gives me back my IMEI. Havent checked anything else yet. I do need a working phone function. :p

Update to stock android 4.4 kitkat using SUS or PC Companion or Flashtool (your choice, no difference) then unlock bootloader and do what you want.

I remember when I used to downgrade from android 4..3 (.290) to 4.2 (.534) I used to loose my IMEI. Unless, downgrading to .257 then to .534 So maybe you should get stock android 4.4 before you try 4.4 custom ROM & Kernel

Regards,
~J2C

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

yes, that thread explains how to properly port the rom so you don't lose IMEI or get simlock

which custom roms are you flashing, please provide the links to the thread.
    OK, if you are 100% sure, don't flash the modules

I will have a think and get back to you

I am about to go out with the kids for a long walk

Speak soon

EDIT, you relocked, that's good.

Which FTF can you flash and get an IMEI working again

Update to stock android 4.4 kitkat using SUS or PC Companion or Flashtool (your choice, no difference) then unlock bootloader and do what you want.

I remember when I used to downgrade from android 4..3 (.290) to 4.2 (.534) I used to loose my IMEI. Unless, downgrading to .257 then to .534 So maybe you should get stock android 4.4 before you try 4.4 custom ROM & Kernel

Regards,
    ~J2C