Full root for A10x and A5xx ICS. Simple method.

Search This thread

StonedYoda

May 1, 2011
Nederland
I hooked my tablet up to my buddy's Win7 laptop and it automatically installed the right drivers. All i did was run the .bat file and I got root with r/w access instantly after a reboot. Thanks ZeroNull!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
i will have access to a vista(shudders) laptop tomorrow. wish me luck!

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

You'll need luck with that, depending on how long you have access to the laptop for, and a CD, a live Linux distro would ease any drive issues. I didn't need to install anything on my Linux machine, just plugged it in and ran the script. My mums laptop is still on vista and rooting etc on my Nexus S was hell.

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
You'll need luck with that, depending on how long you have access to the laptop for, and a CD, a live Linux distro would ease any drive issues. I didn't need to install anything on my Linux machine, just plugged it in and ran the script. My mums laptop is still on vista and rooting etc on my Nexus S was hell.

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

got er done :-D after fighting with vista to install a100 drivers as it was trying to install a500 drivers and got stuck in a driver fail loop lol. now rooted tho! whoop

Sent from my A100 using xda premium

Captain Hilts

Jan 17, 2012
I tried this but keep getting the following error when I try to run the Windows batch file:

'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command

That message is repeated a few times and then it says that the file "mempodroid" isn't created. It sounds like it can't find the adb.exe for some reason.

I have tried the above by extracting the entire contents of the .zip file to my A100 using the Windows unzip tool and by using ES Zip Viewer in Android and I get the same result. Any ideas?

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
got er done :-D after fighting with vista to install a100 drivers as it was trying to install a500 drivers and got stuck in a driver fail loop lol. now rooted tho! whoop

Glad you got you got it done okay, Vista (afaik) tries to install drivers automatically, and normally fails badly. Win7 in my experience is actually quite good at that.

How does the A100 suit you as your sole machine on the road?

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

Last edited:

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
Glad you got you got it done okay, Vista (afaik) tries to install drivers automatically, and normally fails badly. Win7 in my experience is actually quite good at that.

How does the A100 suit you as your sole machine on the road?

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

yes vista fails at pretty much everything! i havent had a single issue with win7 at home.

as for being my only device its working well, my only gripe is typing on this thing...i just cant find a comfortable keyboard that lets me type real fast. tried swiftkey x tablet...space bars waaaay too small. i normally use thumb keyboard but if i go too fast i get double taps like mad.

other than that its been workin great...even got ics on it while away (god bless microsd!) and i regularly use wifi hotspot with my captivate (ths ics) and have no complaints. this thing gets stellar battery life watchin movies with brightness all the way down!

dms76

Sep 28, 2009
Akron, OH
Thanks for the easy root method. Not sure what went wrong first time but did an over install of gen 2 without a wipe. Did factory reset and re ran update and works now.

..i just cant find a comfortable keyboard that lets me type real fast. tried swiftkey x tablet...space bars waaaay too small. i normally use thumb keyboard but if i go too fast i get double taps like mad.

premium
Not sure about the reality buy what about a bluetooth mini keyboard?

Sent from my thunderbolt using tapatalk

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
Thanks for the easy root method. Not sure what went wrong first time but did an over install of gen 2 without a wipe. Did factory reset and re ran update and works now.

Not sure about the reality buy what about a bluetooth mini keyboard?

Well that's a great idea but kinda defeats the purpose of only carrying a tablet around you know? Besides my captivates screen is deadly accurate and fast :) wish my a100 was the same.

dms76

Sep 28, 2009
Akron, OH
Well that's a great idea but kinda defeats the purpose of only carrying a tablet around you know? Besides my captivates screen is deadly accurate and fast :) wish my a100 was the same.

Well I've never had a plan that didn't have a flaw. Never said it made sense now did i? Lol (being a smartass)

spino1970

Well, try to type
Code:
mount -o remount, rw /system/
in terminal emulator. And try to use your script again.

As i said, i cannot have permanent R/W system... but, thanx to this command line, i've also use crossix mod for swap internal/external SD ('cause finally it arrived from amazon!) and it work perfectly! So now im a very happy A100/ICS user!

So, if someone have the same problem of mine (rooted, but with no permanent R/W /system), just type that command line in a terminal emulator (before remember to use "su" command to be super user), and than do all the changes needed.

Form me, i use chmod 775 and cp commands to rename, move and replace crossix build.prop/sd swap files, but also fro remove some bloatware from Acer.

I home my experience can be usefull for someone else ;)

bchambliss

May 3, 2009
Be sure to remove the tools folder...

I fought this for 2 weeks - finally removed the tools folder and tried again.
FM - worked like charm

Great work...Thanks to all

jeromel

Jul 19, 2008
Winnipeg
Well I carry around a mini bt keyboard/trackpad. It about the size of my phone and i can type fast on it without getting double taps. I mainly use it whenever I don't want the screen's viewable area compromised. Also helps in terminal.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sanek73

cheeb

Dec 17, 2006
For some reason this method did not work for me on the new leak...back to HB

BrothaJINC

Nov 28, 2011
Colorado Springs
it doesnt connect device... everytime i plug in my a100 it show a a100 and a a500..................... some help? im on windows pc and a100 is on ics
EDIT: it finnaly went through but now i cant download anything in market... keep getting a error (-101)
any help?

Last edited:

ZeroNull

Feb 6, 2012
Omsk
it doesnt connect device... everytime i plug in my a100 it show a a100 and a a500..................... some help? im on windows pc and a100 is on ics
It is normal for firmware Acer_AV041_A100_0.002.00_WW_GEN1. Update on the new version - Acer_AV041_A100_0.009.00_WW_GEN1.

EDIT: it finnaly went through but now i cant download anything in market... keep getting a error (-101)
any help?
Remove market and install again.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

How to:
    1. The tablet should be already upgraded to stock ICS for A100/A101 (or stock ICS A500/A501/A510 for other tablets).
    2. Download this archive on the computer. Unpack it to any place.
    3, On a tablet: "Settings" -> "Applications" -> "Development" -> "USB debugging" switch on.
    4. Сonnect the tablet to the computer (Before connection it is recommended to update the driver for a tablet from here: A10x, A50x, A510).
    5. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file: for windows - runit-win.bat; for Linux - runit-linux.sh.
    The root is received!
    6. Now you will have to install the following programs:
    SuperUser APK
    Titanium Backup
    At first it is necessary to start the Superuser program, at least 1 time after receiving root. And only then programs that require root access.

ATTENTION!
    Don't install Busybox! It is already installed and established! If you reinstall it, some programs will become unable to access root permissions!

Change:
    The error of final check of receiving root is corrected (The messaging that "root" isn't received, though it was not so)
    Support of A510 of tablets is improved

This method uses the 'mempodroid' exploit and some workings out by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

List of rooting versions:
    New - ICS_rooting_A10x_A5xx.zip
    Old - ICS_rooting.zip

PS: I understand English rather badly, but I'll try to help, if it is necessary. :)
    PS2: Command "Mount ro/rw" for directory /system (partition) - works perfectly!
    PS3: This method does not work on the A511 tablets
    This also works on the new Acer Iconia A510!!!!!

Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).
    How to:
    1. The tablet should be already upgraded to ICS for A100.
    2. Download this archive on the computer. Unpack it to any place.
    3, On a tablet: "Settings" -> "Applications" -> "Development" -> "USB debugging" switch on.
    4. Сonnect the tablet to the computer.
    5. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file: for windows - runit-win.bat; for Linux - runit-linux.sh.
    The root is received!
    6. Now you will have to install the following programms:
    SuperUser APK
    Titanium Backup

ATTENTION!
    Don't install Busybox! It is already installed and established! If you reinstall it, some programs will become unable to access root permissions!

This method uses the 'mempodroid' exploit and some workings out by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

PS: I understand English rather badly, but I'll try to help, if it is necessary. :)
    PS2: Command "Mount ro/rw" for directory /system (partition) - works perfectly!

Just so everyone knows, this root kit also works on the new Iconia A510.
    I just got my Acer Iconia A510 from Amazon this morning and decided to install the USB drivers and tried this rooting kit and low and behold I got full root access. :D:D:D:p:p:p

Thanks ZeroNull!!!!
    Always please!

Not at all :D
    I was afraid that something was translated incorrectly. But now everything is all right! :)
    We do have recoveries, CWM and TWRP, not sure what you are offering? Unless you mean a way to install them without unlocking, which is fine, but we lose use of recovery entirely that way. Or I'm just not understanding, in which case I apologize, I'm not trying to shoot you down or anything.

Tapatalked from my Galaxy S II.

Ah, right, that's what I was offering, sorry. No need for that then :)
    is this a permanent root? or temporary? it give r/w permission on system folder?
    Permanent :)