DROID X2 minor update (1.3.418) is NOT live

Search This thread

mnkurk1989

Dec 26, 2011
Minnesota
2.3.5 is snappier and by far more smooth

The 2.3.5 update 1.3.418 is actuall really nice!!!! For the people wanting to keep root through this OTA update process read my thread in (Droid X2 General) OFFICIAL 2.3.5 ROOT METHOD. You can tell things were upgraded.

tshelby73

Dec 18, 2011
Gillette
Not sure if it's the update or the new eclipse but seems to boot up faster and a little snappier.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA

I still get "Check for Update not available at this time."

I'm pretty sure if you aren't on your home network then you can't check for updates
Have you tried over wifi yet?
Or just download that zip from three link from post above me
Put on sdcard
install using stock Android recovery
Same exact results

Reactions: Alan Wolfe

Alan Wolfe

Feb 11, 2011
New Braunfels
I'm pretty sure if you aren't on your home network then you can't check for updates
Have you tried over wifi yet?
Or just download that zip from three link from post above me
Put on sdcard
install using stock Android recovery
Same exact results

Ah, the home network thing would explain it. Since I never changed numbers when I moved from Denton to New Braunfels (Dallas system to San Antonio system). I will be visiting Cresson this weekend which I am pretty sure is part of my "home" system. I'll see if I get it then.

Get same result when trying on wifi - in fact Motorola told me the soak test update would not be pushed over wifi.

I have the zip on my PC. I will use that if I don't get anything this weekend.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thats all the update brings? Why bother?

Exactly. I've tweeted to both Verizon and Motorola that I'm done with both of them. I'm looking for a new carrier and a new phone.

Verizon is reaching out right now asking why I'm so unhappy. Do I really have to answer that question? Give me a break! :mad:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1136261

the thread w/ 1/3 of a mil hits!
    IT'S all about the last 2 pics in the op.

From what I understand, you do the following, but back everything up to your external SD card first (do a nandroid) and you must have the Motorola USB drivers and Android SDK installed. Of course, since you've been flashing and SBFing, you definitely have those already installed:

1. Have your phone hooked up to your PC and type "ADB REBOOT BOOTLOADER"
    2. The phone should reboot into the bootloader saying "Starting Fastboot Protocol Support"
    3. When it's rebooted into the bootloader, type this in your DOS command window: "fastboot eom unlock"
    4. Read the warnings. This WILL reformat your phone so be sure you've backed it up.
    5. Tap Volume Down to switch to "Accept"
    6. Now press Volume Up to actually "accept" the warning.
    7. After that, you should be unlocked and formatted IF the bootloader and kernel were unlocked.

I could be wrong, but that's what I've read before.

Good deal, I can do that for sure. I will make sure to update everyone as soon as anything comes through.

I won't be able to do any of the testing until I get home from work (roughly 6:30 central time) but I will keep trying to update throughout the day.

Thanks guys.
    So has anyone received this update? Can they confirm what we all think?

No, this was another premature delivery by Verizon, nobody has even received the soak yet.

I will let everyone know as soon as I can check if we will have an unlocked bootloader and if the SBF back bricks...

Hoping it is this week, I am so F-ing tired of stock Moto!

Sent from my DROID X2
    Wait! Was he the one that said he worked for Moto and he was going to leak the unlocked bootloader? I think I do remember that... I just recently started reading more than ROMs and Themes though. So pardon my ignorance.

Sent from my DROID X2

your ignorance is unacceptable
    you should know EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME
    ESPECIALLY if skoodwiva said it, cuz EVERYONE knows what he taking about ALL the time ;)

(just playing around skood ;) please don't take offense, all in good fun Buddy :p )
    I am no dev, can you walk me through how to do that? I am willing to try anything but I do not know how to do that off the top of my head.

do you have the Android SDK on your computer? if you do just go into the folder where it's stored:
    if windows C:/SDK (i believe)
    if Linux /home/yourname/android-sdk-linux

it should have fastboot within there, but i'm bad at explanations, so iBolski'll walk you through it better than I can.