Official AT&T stock 4.3 performance thread

Search This thread

fitchpuckman

May 10, 2012
has anyone been experiencing dull phantom vibrates? similar to getting a notification, but not as powerful of a vibration, i've been experiencing double pulses periodically. I've only been updated for a day, but i've probably noticed it happen around 10-15 times. if this has alreayd been posted, link me to it...my search forum function has been down for about a day or so.

edit: for the good fo the order, i have verified alarm settings and notifications in most of my apps, including GSam, which has been the culprit for many phantom notifications in the past.

Last edited:

rdub504

Jun 27, 2012
vega
So I did the factory reset,and so far so good!

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381435972615.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381435972615.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 227

lunercrab

Sep 13, 2009
Personally I've tried all the 4.3 leaked tons and battery was horrible...couldn't barely make it thru the day....since the fresh install ruu running stock I've had one of ny best days with this phone with moderate to heavy usage...

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381461012015.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381461012015.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 167

rdub504

Jun 27, 2012
vega
Personally I've tried all the 4.3 leaked tons and battery was horrible...couldn't barely make it thru the day....since the fresh install ruu running stock I've had one of ny best days with this phone with moderate to heavy usage...

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

As have I,since doing the reset! I do turn things like auto sync off,and use the data as needed.I can look outside
To see if it's raining!

Very pleased so far!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381461749390.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381461749390.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 160

fitchpuckman

May 10, 2012
As have I,since doing the reset! I do turn things like auto sync off,and use the data as needed.I can look outside
To see if it's raining!

Very pleased so far!

I've definitely seen increased battery drain with the 4.3 stock OTA. GSam seems to have a whacky readout of estiamted battery life (not that I actually use/rely on that estimate) but i wonder if there is something new going on with battery useage/allocation? Also, i've noticed that Google Keep is showing up atop my wakelocks by a pretty wide margin now. Going to do a little reasearch on that and potentially uninstall to see how battery life is effected.

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
I've definitely seen increased battery drain with the 4.3 stock OTA. GSam seems to have a whacky readout of estiamted battery life (not that I actually use/rely on that estimate) but i wonder if there is something new going on with battery useage/allocation? Also, i've noticed that Google Keep is showing up atop my wakelocks by a pretty wide margin now. Going to do a little reasearch on that and potentially uninstall to see how battery life is effected.

Keep has an option for location based reminders, those are a battery killer -- similar to Google Now. Also make sure 'Wifi scanning always available' is off under WiFi advanced settings.

badams1

Feb 21, 2011
Lexington, KY (Go CATS!)
A few days in now...and ive noticed nothing but improvements across the board. The UI in general is smoother...which is impressive considering it didn't lag to begin with. Battery life is just as good if not better as well. Updated OTA.

fitchpuckman

May 10, 2012
Keep has an option for location based reminders, those are a battery killer -- similar to Google Now. Also make sure 'Wifi scanning always available' is off under WiFi advanced settings.

thanks. any idea how to edit the location based reminder settings? I've (backed up) and removed all of my info from google keep, which was luckily limited at this point, so there are no specific notes to edit teh reminder settings for. Is there a general setting somewhere in the app or online that I am missing? the app just seems to be, in general, 'overcommunicating' it's location needs. the sync is set to 'on' in my sync settings, but that was always the case, even prior to 4.3.

in terms of the wifi settings, I have disabled the persistent scanning availability option.

59er9er

Apr 19, 2013
quick charge

I'm very happy with the 4.3 update but the single best thing I've noticed is that quick charging appears to have been enabled. I can't verify this other than noticing that when it's plugged in to the lighter socket in my car with Pandora and Waze running, screen brightness at 100%, the battery will actually charge now. Prior to the update this combination would result in stalled battery percentage or a slow discharge. Over the past couple days I'll actually see the battery percentage slowly climb. Woohooo! This was probably the only complaint I had with the HTC One coming from an iPhone and it seems this has been addressed with this update.

Sonny

dark2099

Aug 27, 2012
Chicago
I'm very happy with the 4.3 update but the single best thing I've noticed is that quick charging appears to have been enabled. I can't verify this other than noticing that when it's plugged in to the lighter socket in my car with Pandora and Waze running, screen brightness at 100%, the battery will actually charge now. Prior to the update this combination would result in stalled battery percentage or a slow discharge. Over the past couple days I'll actually see the battery percentage slowly climb. Woohooo! This was probably the only complaint I had with the HTC One coming from an iPhone and it seems this has been addressed with this update.

Sonny

I believe you are right, at work I have my old iPhone charger which has the same 5V/1A spec as the HTC charger, but always used to give me a message about being not original and all that jazz. No more.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lol! Not really just sitting here watching my saints take on the bears,and it seemed like a good thing to do.

For those not familiar 1 finger swipe down works as usual and opens notification screen,2 finger swipe down opens toggle board.

Dock bar is able to be modified now.

Via icon changer,not a system mod.I decided to mod the stock icons,but I plan on replacing all together.

Even though it's a minor update, Ive been looking forward to it. Hopefully they roll it out tomorrow.

Sent from the "ONE" phone for me
    Yeah

Can you provide the quote from MacKenzie? I thought he said sometime this week but didn't specify an exact day.

Screenshot from his Twitter page.