Bricked, trying to fix, but running into problems.

Search This thread

XIIISlaughters

Apr 13, 2012
So long story short, I tried to do something I probably shouldn't have, and now my phone wont boot. It does the boot screen, and then to a black screen where the screen is active, and if I touch it, the buttons light up. I can get into a recovery screen with vol- and 3D button, but it says "can't mount cache recovery log" with whatever I press. I've tried following the guide here, but I get to where I start updating, and the program just stops responding. Been trying different things for a few hours now. Every search I find says that it is solvable, but at the same time, I can't seem to solve it.

Any info I'm missing? Getting reckless here. I guess I deserve it for what I've gotten myself into. Anything is appreciated!

Meemo23

Nov 17, 2010
Under my bed...
So long story short, I tried to do something I probably shouldn't have, and now my phone wont boot. It does the boot screen, and then to a black screen where the screen is active, and if I touch it, the buttons light up. I can get into a recovery screen with vol- and 3D button, but it says "can't mount cache recovery log" with whatever I press. I've tried following the guide here, but I get to where I start updating, and the program just stops responding. Been trying different things for a few hours now. Every search I find says that it is solvable, but at the same time, I can't seem to solve it.

Any info I'm missing? Getting reckless here. I guess I deserve it for what I've gotten myself into. Anything is appreciated!

Find dark lestats guide and do the volume plus up and connect it to your pc and flash a kdz.. After you flash kdz start it in recovery wipe everything and your sorted...

XIIISlaughters

Apr 13, 2012
This is my problem... I can't seem to get the guide working. I get to where the KDZ should install, but then the program stops responding, and says it can't find device. Is it because I'm not putting it in download mode right?

EDIT
***Scratch that... I think I've got it to work. Will edit again if it does ***

Last edited:

XIIISlaughters

Apr 13, 2012
Just didn't mount the phone correctly. Never actually did get it to vibrate, and it just didn't want to show in device manager. But it ended up working.

XIIISlaughters

Apr 13, 2012
Sorry that came out wrong i meant what did you do to brick your phone lol..

OH! Yeah, I just tried to flash a baseband to get CM7 networking to work. Had no idea what I was doing. Stupid me.

Doing more research now... If I'm running v20c, what kind of roms can I flash? It seems like there aren't any at all. Or does it matter what roms I flash in relation to what version I currently have? It's all a learning experience for me lol.

Meemo23

Nov 17, 2010
Under my bed...
OH! Yeah, I just tried to flash a baseband to get CM7 networking to work. Had no idea what I was doing. Stupid me.

Doing more research now... If I'm running v20c, what kind of roms can I flash? It seems like there aren't any at all. Or does it matter what roms I flash in relation to what version I currently have? It's all a learning experience for me lol.

You can flash any roms on any basebands.. but you cannot mix gingerbread roms with froyo basebands its a no go lol..

XIIISlaughters

Apr 13, 2012
Okay, well that makes more sense. I assume it works as whatever rom you flash, the baseband you have is what it uses?

Find dark lestats guide and do the volume plus up and connect it to your pc and flash a kdz.. After you flash kdz start it in recovery wipe everything and your sorted...

On my phone flashing kdz finished with 100% but when I try to start it remain on boot logo and when I put in recovery (3d + voldwn+pwr) cache problem, no more option no wipe and no reboot.
Tried v10k-v10d-v20a-v21d

Someone can help me?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dont press 3D for stock recovey menu

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA