[THEME] Evangelion NERV SH06D - Tutorial (Easy Install)

Search This thread

QNBT

Oct 14, 2010
vpO1AjS.png

http://thenbt.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5mx23l

The theme is based on the phone Sharp Docomo Neon Genesis Evangelion SH-06D which was first shown to the public at the exposition
Anime Expo 2012 in Makuhari Messe, Japan. MDPI version (for lower end devices) available here!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Themer version (recommended)
Instructions:
1. Download Themer Beta
2. Download the Evangelion Theme for Themer.
3. "Transfer the Themer ZIP file to your phone, and place it in the MyColorScreen/Themer/Export/Zip directory. Upon doing so, you can enter the Themer app and go to My Themes > Exported, and from there you will be able to apply side-loaded themes." Done!

If you want to know what each widget do, please read the description in step 2.
Consider pressing the "love" button if you liked this theme and let's see if it makes it to the official Themer selection. :)

Buzz Launcher version (if Themer doesn't work out for you)
Instructions:
1. Download and install these apps:
****- Evangelion UCCW Skin: http://goo.gl/OH14u
****- UCCW: http://goo.gl/O7geg
****- Buzz Launcher: http://goo.gl/pdrcx
****- Media Utilities: http://goo.gl/8vx1m
If you want to know what each widget do, please read the description of the Evangelion UCCW skin in Google Play store.
2. Watch this 3 minute tutorial for the details:

UCCW version (manual set-up)
If you're familiar with UCCW you can download the UCCW version of this theme and apply it on your preferred launcher.
Evangelion UCCW - Skin: http://goo.gl/OH14u
If you want to know what each widget do, please read the description of the Evangelion UCCW skin in Google Play store.

Donations by:
  • teqnl (Thank you so so much!)
  • Mo_Nexus (Thank you! Reached 40% of the goal now ;D)
  • thuiscool (Thanks for the generous amount the goal has been reached for the google dev account! Thank you!)

XeLVIeY.png

Attachments

• NERV_HD_SHOT.jpg
    NERV_HD_SHOT.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 16,811
  • NERV_Screenshot_Setup_v2.jpg
    NERV_Screenshot_Setup_v2.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 17,425
  • screenshot_926361.jpg
    screenshot_926361.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 6,900
  • NERV_Themer_1.jpg
    NERV_Themer_1.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 6,582
  • NERV_Themer_2.jpg
    NERV_Themer_2.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 5,843
Last edited:

QNBT

Oct 14, 2010
Advance version (no long maintained)
Click the spoiler button below to view the content.
Preview on a Nexus 7:
(you will have to setup your own hotspots using uccw if you want to start apps like in the video).

Information and Requirements.
  • Nova Launcher.or any other launcher that support widget overlaying and resizing.
  • UCCW
  • The package, download link below.

Nova Launcher settings:

• Desktop->Desktop Grid-> Row (6), Columns (4).
  • [X]Resize all widgets
  • [X]Widget Overlap
  • [X]Overlap when placing
  • Dock->Enable Dock. Dock->Dock Icons->(5)
[*]Look and feel -> Color Theme -> # fc7814
  • Turn off "Persistent search bar" if you have it on
Apply the corresponding settings to your launcher.
Extra settings are available if you press vol down a few times in Nova settings.

Follow the video instructions for the rest of the setup.

Note: clarus widget is no longer used, read the updates in the second post.

Instructions in Text Format:
Place the widgets according to this order: [PICTURE LINK]

1. Add a Ultimate Custom Clock Widget (UCCW), choose size 4x1 and select "NERV_Search". Use the image linked above to see its position.
  2. Add a UCCW widget 1x1, "NERV_BatteryBar1",2,3,4 and 5. Place the
    - BatteryBar2 on top of BatteryBar1
    - BatteryBar3 on top of BatteryBar2
    - BatteryBar4 on top of BatteryBar3
    - BatteryBar5 on top of BatteryBar4
  3. Add a UCCW widget 1x1, "NERV_Calendar".
  4. Add a UCCW widget 1x1, "NERV_Clock".
  5. Add a UCCW widget 1x1, "NERV_PhoneNo".
  6. Add a UCCW widget 2x1, "NERV_MusicTop".
  7. Add a UCCW widget 2x1, "NERV_MusicBot".
  • Add the widget Phantom Music Control (4x1),
    - Unmark all the settings
    - Choose which music player to the one you're using. If it isn't in the list try Auto-detect.
    - Choose theme to "Inverted (black on white)
    - Background: 0% (no background) and then "confirm"
    Place thie on the third row, resize it to 2x1 so it fits on top of "NERV_MusicBot"
8. Add a UCCW widget 2x1, "NERV_Weather".
9. Add a UCCW widget 2x1, "NERV_UniqueNo".
10. Add a UCCW widget 4x1, "NERV_CPU"
  • Add the widget AudioManager
    - Choose "Large"
    - Widget Skin: "Digital"
    Resize it to 3x1 and place it on top of "NERV_CPU", on the right side.

11. Add a UCCW widget 4x1, "NERV_CPU-Hexgrid" on top of AudioManager.

• Add the widget System Monitor Lite for Android
    - Choose CPU
    - Resize it to 3x1
    - Place it in the bottom left

12. Add a UCCW widget 3x1, "NERV_Memory, or NERV_Memory_v2", or NERV_Memory_v4-static. Place it on top of the System Monitor widget. If you used v4 you can remove the system monitor widget
13. Add a UCCW widget 1x1, "NERV_USB".

• Open the UCCW app and go to settings (the three dots in the corner)
    - Hotspot mode
    - Choose ON
    By activating the hotspot mode you will be able to start google search by tapping the search widget,
    update weather by clicking the green weather indicator
  • To make the System Monitor move, start the app from your drawer.
    - Tap the setting icon (top right corner)
    - Sampling interval: 5seconds (or any your preferred interval, smaller interval equals more battery drain)
    - Go back, and tap "Start Background Monitoring"
    - The chart should now move each 5 seconds.

- Unmark "long running notification" to get rid of the notification.

Download

Advance Version 2012-12-10
Download Package- via deviantArt

Widget Guide: (for advance version)

Old Updates:
2012-12-10 (Download the full package to receive these updates, link above in the download section)
  • UCCW Theme apk ("NERV_QN08T.apk") updated to version 1.5
  • Weather widget - fixed highest temperature misalignment.
  • The MusicWidget UCCW theme is now 2x2, which means it is only ONE widget now and not two put together.
  • Added new NERV_Memory versions to choose from. Use Memory_v2 or v4 instead. Information on the widgets below
  • Clock widget now displays in 24h format, instead of 12.
  • Included AudioWidget resized version, one small and smaller hexagon dots.
  • Included MusicControl with smaller buttons (if that may look better for your screen).
  • All widgets can now be edited or imported using the .uzip file.
  • ClarusWidgets apk removed from the package.

New Widgets:
Editable UCCW fixing blank image problem - (now included in the package) 2012-12-05
Weather-fix.uzip Replace your old weather widget with this one. (now included in the package) 2012-12-08 new!
NERV_Music.uzip Widget 2x2 - 1 Piece, no longer 2 parts. (now included in the package) 2012-12-10 new!

Clarus Widgets:
BATTEMP.xml version 2 - (now included in the package) 2012-12-02

FIXES FOR VISUAL GLITCHES:
  • New memory widget, you do not need clarus widgets when using this one!
    It displayes missed calls (left side), unread message (right side). The last digit is the unread counter, the other numbers are just for show.
  • Resized music control buttons!
  • Music widget bottom version 2 (to match the misaligned text on music control)
  • Resized audio widget! Version 1(small) and Version2 (smaller).
I can't test it since I don't own any devices with your misalignment, hope they will work.
Will try to help out more when my exams are over next week. I have other projects outside school that I do, so I cant promise anything :)

Download Update-Fix (now included in the package) 2012-12-08 new!

Reviews/Videos by other members:

Last edited:

sayeef

Jul 2, 2012
Great theme. Using this on my Nexus 7

I recommend this theme for anyone who wants a unique look

Reactions: wiser212

Limbo045

Sep 19, 2011
Landgraaf
Error

Hi there great theme but I get an error when trying to install Clarus widget with teh BATTEMP.xml. E 222 is the error.
Help please

porky101

Aug 5, 2010
I am applying the theme now and it looks like the Nerv_memory widget is not covering all of the CPU monitor lite widget (leaving a little left on the sides) and the Clarus XML file for BATTEMP says something about Unexpected EOF when I try to load it in Clarus.

EDIT - I removed the status bar, and that seemed to fix some of it, but still a very little bit, not that big of a deal (for the Nerv_memory widget part). Also UCCW seems to be crashing when ever I try and open the app to set the Hotspot thing, I will keep on trying.

Last edited:

QNBT

Oct 14, 2010
Thanks all of you for the wonderful feedback! I will make sure to make more themes in the near future!

Hi there great theme but I get an error when trying to install Clarus widget with teh BATTEMP.xml. E 222 is the error.
Help please
I uploaded another version in post #2, try it and see if it works!

I am applying the theme now and it looks like the Nerv_memory widget is not covering all of the CPU monitor lite widget (leaving a little left on the sides) and the Clarus XML file for BATTEMP says something about Unexpected EOF when I try to load it in Clarus.

EDIT - I removed the status bar, and that seemed to fix some of it, but still a very little bit, not that big of a deal (for the Nerv_memory widget part). Also UCCW seems to be crashing when ever I try and open the app to set the Hotspot thing, I will keep on trying.

So I assume you installed the themes manually? If you installed the UCCW themes with the APK you shouldn't be able to set your own hotspots.
Send me a screenshot of your screen and ill will personally make you a Memory widget that fits your screen!

Reactions: ABarnett

porky101

Aug 5, 2010
So I assume you installed the themes manually? If you installed the UCCW themes with the APK you shouldn't be able to set your own hotspots.
Send me a screenshot of your screen and ill will personally make you a Memory widget that fits your screen!

I installed UCCW from the market and all the apps in the folder from the package you provided.

The screenshot is attached. Thank you, and AWESOME THEME!

EDIT - And the new BATTEMP.xml file works :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-02-15-22-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-02-15-22-08.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,556
Last edited:

QNBT

Oct 14, 2010
I installed UCCW from the market and all the apps in the folder from the package you provided.

The screenshot is attached. Thank you, and AWESOME THEME!

EDIT - And the new BATTEMP.xml file works :D

Great! Oh and that little part is simple to fix without having to make a new widget, edit the NERV_Memory widget in UCCW and select the "background" layer. Change the width (add like 2-4 pixels), and you might need to add some in height as well to make it scale right. Just play a little with it and you should be able to find the right size i no time

Ten Rings

Oct 21, 2012
I'm having a lot of trouble overlaying non-UCCW widgets with UCCW widgets. For example, the text on the music player is off of the highlighted region, the AT-FIELD and BATT-Temp don't fit on the backdrop, and neither does the audio manager widget. Running this on a Droid DNA, and the wallpaper doesn't seem to work, with the base of the dock image coming up too high. Tried resizing, but no luck at the moment. Good job with uploading the fixed BATTTEMP file though...

QNBT

Oct 14, 2010
I'm having a lot of trouble overlaying non-UCCW widgets with UCCW widgets. For example, the text on the music player is off of the highlighted region, the AT-FIELD and BATT-Temp don't fit on the backdrop, and neither does the audio manager widget. Running this on a Droid DNA, and the wallpaper doesn't seem to work, with the base of the dock image coming up too high. Tried resizing, but no luck at the moment. Good job with uploading the fixed BATTTEMP file though...

Upload a full res screenshot (not via attachment) and let's work it out.

Ten Rings

Oct 21, 2012
Finally saw this after finagling with the Nova launcher settings for a while. Not perfect with the background but close enough I guess :/ still no luck on the widget overlays though. Here's what it looks like:

uploadfromtaptalk1354497720161.jpg

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

QNBT

Oct 14, 2010
Finally saw this after finagling with the Nova launcher settings for a while. Not perfect with the background but close enough I guess :/ still no luck on the widget overlays though. Here's what it looks like:

View attachment 1531664

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Tap and hold the System monitor widget and send it back, that way the Memory widget will be in front instead.
Did you try removing the trackname/artist name out of the Music widget? It might looke better without it!
I also found out that there are extra options for Nova launcher if you press vol down a few times in nova settings.

Last edited:

wafflekoala

May 8, 2012
This is fantastic work!

...but I can't seem to get it to look right. It looks like you have it installed on a tablet where as on my galaxy s3 some of the words and images are either squashed, or not resizing properly due to slight screen size differences or something:

I can't post links because I am still a newbie on the boards apparantly.

I can't even get the wallpaper to crop correctly. :( I have disabled the scroll notifier, the task bar, everything I could to get it to fit, but it's not working out for me.

I tried digging around for a copy of the custom MAGI themed launcher and home screen, but it doesn't look like it's out there. Damn you docomo and your proprietary software!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    vpO1AjS.png

http://thenbt.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5mx23l

The theme is based on the phone Sharp Docomo Neon Genesis Evangelion SH-06D which was first shown to the public at the exposition
    Anime Expo 2012 in Makuhari Messe, Japan. MDPI version (for lower end devices) available here!

Themer version (recommended)
    Instructions:
    1. Download Themer Beta
    2. Download the Evangelion Theme for Themer.
    3. "Transfer the Themer ZIP file to your phone, and place it in the MyColorScreen/Themer/Export/Zip directory. Upon doing so, you can enter the Themer app and go to My Themes > Exported, and from there you will be able to apply side-loaded themes." Done!

If you want to know what each widget do, please read the description in step 2.
    Consider pressing the "love" button if you liked this theme and let's see if it makes it to the official Themer selection. :)

Buzz Launcher version (if Themer doesn't work out for you)
    Instructions:
    1. Download and install these apps:
    ****- Evangelion UCCW Skin: http://goo.gl/OH14u
    ****- UCCW: http://goo.gl/O7geg
    ****- Buzz Launcher: http://goo.gl/pdrcx
    ****- Media Utilities: http://goo.gl/8vx1m
    2. Watch this 3 minute tutorial for the details:

UCCW version (manual set-up)
    If you're familiar with UCCW you can download the UCCW version of this theme and apply it on your preferred launcher.
    Evangelion UCCW - Skin: http://goo.gl/OH14u

Donations by:
    • teqnl (Thank you so so much!)
    • Mo_Nexus (Thank you! Reached 40% of the goal now ;D)
    • thuiscool (Thanks for the generous amount the goal has been reached for the google dev account! Thank you!)

XeLVIeY.png
    Advance version (no long maintained)
    Click the spoiler button below to view the content.
    Preview on a Nexus 7:
    (you will have to setup your own hotspots using uccw if you want to start apps like in the video).

Information and Requirements.
    • Nova Launcher.or any other launcher that support widget overlaying and resizing.
    • UCCW
    • The package, download link below.

Nova Launcher settings:

• Desktop->Desktop Grid-> Row (6), Columns (4).
    • [X]Resize all widgets
    • [X]Widget Overlap
    • [X]Overlap when placing
    • Dock->Enable Dock. Dock->Dock Icons->(5)
    [*]Look and feel -> Color Theme -> # fc7814
    • Turn off "Persistent search bar" if you have it on
    Apply the corresponding settings to your launcher.
    Extra settings are available if you press vol down a few times in Nova settings.

Follow the video instructions for the rest of the setup.

Note: clarus widget is no longer used, read the updates in the second post.

Instructions in Text Format:
    Place the widgets according to this order: [PICTURE LINK]

1. Add a Ultimate Custom Clock Widget (UCCW), choose size 4x1 and select "NERV_Search". Use the image linked above to see its position.
    2. Add a UCCW widget 1x1, "NERV_BatteryBar1",2,3,4 and 5. Place the
      - BatteryBar2 on top of BatteryBar1
      - BatteryBar3 on top of BatteryBar2
      - BatteryBar4 on top of BatteryBar3
      - BatteryBar5 on top of BatteryBar4
    3. Add a UCCW widget 1x1, "NERV_Calendar".
    4. Add a UCCW widget 1x1, "NERV_Clock".
    5. Add a UCCW widget 1x1, "NERV_PhoneNo".
    6. Add a UCCW widget 2x1, "NERV_MusicTop".
    7. Add a UCCW widget 2x1, "NERV_MusicBot".
    • Add the widget Phantom Music Control (4x1),
      - Unmark all the settings
      - Choose which music player to the one you're using. If it isn't in the list try Auto-detect.
      - Choose theme to "Inverted (black on white)
      - Background: 0% (no background) and then "confirm"
      Place thie on the third row, resize it to 2x1 so it fits on top of "NERV_MusicBot"
    8. Add a UCCW widget 2x1, "NERV_Weather".
    9. Add a UCCW widget 2x1, "NERV_UniqueNo".
    10. Add a UCCW widget 4x1, "NERV_CPU"
    • Add the widget AudioManager
      - Choose "Large"
      - Widget Skin: "Digital"
      Resize it to 3x1 and place it on top of "NERV_CPU", on the right side.

11. Add a UCCW widget 4x1, "NERV_CPU-Hexgrid" on top of AudioManager.

• Add the widget System Monitor Lite for Android
      - Choose CPU
      - Resize it to 3x1
      - Place it in the bottom left

12. Add a UCCW widget 3x1, "NERV_Memory, or NERV_Memory_v2", or NERV_Memory_v4-static. Place it on top of the System Monitor widget. If you used v4 you can remove the system monitor widget
    13. Add a UCCW widget 1x1, "NERV_USB".

• Open the UCCW app and go to settings (the three dots in the corner)
      - Hotspot mode
      - Choose ON
      By activating the hotspot mode you will be able to start google search by tapping the search widget,
      update weather by clicking the green weather indicator
    • To make the System Monitor move, start the app from your drawer.
      - Tap the setting icon (top right corner)
      - Sampling interval: 5seconds (or any your preferred interval, smaller interval equals more battery drain)
      - Go back, and tap "Start Background Monitoring"
      - The chart should now move each 5 seconds.

- Unmark "long running notification" to get rid of the notification.

Download

Advance Version 2012-12-10
    Download Package- via deviantArt

Widget Guide: (for advance version)

Old Updates:
    2012-12-10 (Download the full package to receive these updates, link above in the download section)
    • UCCW Theme apk ("NERV_QN08T.apk") updated to version 1.5
    • Weather widget - fixed highest temperature misalignment.
    • The MusicWidget UCCW theme is now 2x2, which means it is only ONE widget now and not two put together.
    • Added new NERV_Memory versions to choose from. Use Memory_v2 or v4 instead. Information on the widgets below
    • Clock widget now displays in 24h format, instead of 12.
    • Included AudioWidget resized version, one small and smaller hexagon dots.
    • Included MusicControl with smaller buttons (if that may look better for your screen).
    • All widgets can now be edited or imported using the .uzip file.
    • ClarusWidgets apk removed from the package.

New Widgets:
    Editable UCCW fixing blank image problem - (now included in the package) 2012-12-05
    Weather-fix.uzip Replace your old weather widget with this one. (now included in the package) 2012-12-08 new!
    NERV_Music.uzip Widget 2x2 - 1 Piece, no longer 2 parts. (now included in the package) 2012-12-10 new!

Clarus Widgets:
    BATTEMP.xml version 2 - (now included in the package) 2012-12-02

FIXES FOR VISUAL GLITCHES:
    • New memory widget, you do not need clarus widgets when using this one!
      It displayes missed calls (left side), unread message (right side). The last digit is the unread counter, the other numbers are just for show.
    • Resized music control buttons!
    • Music widget bottom version 2 (to match the misaligned text on music control)
    • Resized audio widget! Version 1(small) and Version2 (smaller).
    I can't test it since I don't own any devices with your misalignment, hope they will work.
    Will try to help out more when my exams are over next week. I have other projects outside school that I do, so I cant promise anything :)

Download Update-Fix (now included in the package) 2012-12-08 new!

Reviews/Videos by other members:
    Which music player works?
    As i said earlier the volume controls work but not the play buttons
    I also asked a question as to how to change the back and home buttons but no one has responded.
    Thanks in advance
    And cheers cause i love the theme ;)

The musicplayer is quite tricky so I'd recommend you to just set a hotspot to your preferred music player on the musicplayer widget.
    About softbuttons, that question has been asked once/many times before, search the thread, and try to remember to do so in the future as well.

=============================================================

There isn't much to add for this theme now, if you have any request on new (uccw) widgets, feel free to request them here.
    Right now I'm working on another theme based on the Ironman computer GUI.

Here are some preview pictures:
    H2_a.jpg

HS_a.jpg
    The theme is now available in google play as a UCCW skin, which means that you only need to use UCCW to make it work, however, you wont get any features that exceed UCCW.
    Music player works a hotspot (button) to your music player for example. More information on the play store

Lite version - It will be free for a limited time in play store BUT always free on XDA!

I really want to thank teqnl, Mo_Nexus and thuiscool who sponsored the fee for my google play dev account! I really appreciate it!
    I know some people here wanted the matching lockscreen, so I made my own version of it. Not the greatest because I just used the files from the MDPI version, so the image quality is a little bad because I had to increase their size to fit the screen better, but it works for me. Same thing with the slider, I just resized it. All done within WidgetLocker.

I wanted the slider to go towards the little circuit connector things like in the original SH-06D phone, but I guess there's no way to slide upwards, so I placed them below. But you can see from the screenshots that the slider doesn't really "connect" with them. Rather, it slides behind them. Again, not perfect but it works for me! It does a nifty little reveal of the "NERV ONLY" text, though. The rest of the stuff was just widgets made from UCCW.

I attached the wallpaper I used below. You can find the slider on MDPI version page here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28433708.

Works on my Galaxy Nexus. Might not look so great on a tablet, though, because of the larger screen blowing up the already blown up low-res images.

And thanks again to QNBT for providing all the original files!