[ROM] KillaJoule v0.9 |UVLAK8| 23 Toggles | Wifi Tether | Mooar Bacon ! |01.16.13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DJCodeBlue

Sep 5, 2011
I have been having an issue with my mms. When I'm at home and using my Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi calling I'm not able to send or receive any mms. I was wondering if there is a setting I need to enable or a quick fix. Please help I enjoy this rom way to much to switch.

Unfortunately I think that's just the service bro. The ROM is built directly on stock with no MMS tweaks or anything. I'm not too sure that T-mobile supports mms over wifi for this phone. I would recommend turning off the wifi calling/wifi when you are having the issue. I live in an area with poor service and have experienced a similar issue receiving pics and files over text. My only solution was to turn those items I named off and try again.

It can't be the service. Because when I was on stock ROM for about 3-4 months, my MMS was working perfectly on WiFi Calling. Only issue it had was that I would get the MMS 5 minutes later when someone does send me a picture or long MMS text message so delay was the only thing. But now, with this ROM, it would tell me that I have an MMS message and it shows me the download button and it's dark colored, but when I hit the download button it says it's downloading and then BAM it says it failed. It's weird that it does that because, like you said, your custom rom is based directly off of the stock rom. Hopefully the new update that you're making will fix the issue, or just out of curiosity, does the HOSTS file have anything to do with WiFi Callings connections? Because a lot of my connection issues went away when I cleared the hosts file and just installed Adaway. Because, I think I'm gonna do that later tonight and see what happens by just clearing the hosts file and disabling Adaway.

i_guana

Nov 4, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Is there a standalone way to get this native fix? Like an APK or some kind of mod? I've not been able to find a native tether fix anywhere. Just curious.

Absolutely! After trying many different methods, configurations I found one that works 100% and you don't need to use browser client hacks. This is working for me on v0.9 KillaJoule. Here is what you do:

Download WiFi Tether - TrevE Mod 3.2-beta2-modv5 ***Synergized***

*** MAKE SURE YOU GET THIS VERSION EXACTLY ***

Get it here: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390208427046731813

Newer versions might work but start with this first and get it working. I haven't tried anything newer because this version works perfectly.

Once installed, load the app and go into the app settings. I must stress that you only change the following settings in order to get it functioning first. You may experiment AFTER. Change the following settings:

Device - Samsung Galaxy S3
Setup - Netd-Ndc (master)
send netd max client cmd - on
WiFi reload 2 - on
MSS Clamping - on
Routing fix - on

And, of course, don't activate the native tethering. Just use this app.

Please let myself and all of us know if this works for you. Have fun!

P.S. - I attached a screenshot of my data usage while using this app. Notice how it's not even listed as though it doesn't even exist. :p
Yes, it's works just fine with VPN clients as well.

Update: My apologies, but I did forget to mention to use Chainfires SuperSU app. It's available here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu

or here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053

You 'may' have difficulties getting tethering to work reliably without it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-13-06-19-44928930949.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-13-06-19-44928930949.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 614
Last edited:
Reactions: Raul_Sainz
It can't be the service. Because when I was on stock ROM for about 3-4 months, my MMS was working perfectly on WiFi Calling. Only issue it had was that I would get the MMS 5 minutes later when someone does send me a picture or long MMS text message so delay was the only thing. But now, with this ROM, it would tell me that I have an MMS message and it shows me the download button and it's dark colored, but when I hit the download button it says it's downloading and then BAM it says it failed. It's weird that it does that because, like you said, your custom rom is based directly off of the stock rom. Hopefully the new update that you're making will fix the issue, or just out of curiosity, does the HOSTS file have anything to do with WiFi Callings connections? Because a lot of my connection issues went away when I cleared the hosts file and just installed Adaway. Because, I think I'm gonna do that later tonight and see what happens by just clearing the hosts file and disabling Adaway.

For people having trouble receiving mms, the trick is to turn off wifi and then click download. Its a tmobile coding issue with their new wifi calling!(the. Kineto service) that's messed up.

It works for me when I'm in areas that have signal coverage. Unfortunately at home i have no coverage without wifi calling so i can't do this there.. But it weighs everywhere else.

This is not a rom issue.. I've had this issue since tmobile changed their wifi calling to kineto (2 years now i think)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

As for it working on stock.. It was random.. It would do this when it would lose wifi calling connection and reconnect... Kineto wifi calling would do this about six months ago.... They have improved it a bit on their side so you don't see that anymore

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

It's an image file in the framework-res.apk I believe. I will be making an update soon enough. Probably something I won't add to be honest, I intended it to be the way it is and wanna keep it that way. I recently gave up my macbook air to my mother, and bought a new macbook pro, just waiting on my new hybrid HDD to arrive and I will start work again. That is if I have time. I am a full time father, business owner, and DJ. Thanks to all the people who have downloaded this ROM and enjoyed it, 'tis my 1st ROM ever, and has been a success so far.

Hey KillaHurtz i haven't searched for this to find if there is a solution to this, but figured I'd ask if the is, if it can be integrated on your next rom.

I have a blue tooth headset on my motorbike helmet which on some older roms (years ago) used to work for audio other than calls. So i could hear my music playing on phone, or more importantly my gps instructions. With this rom blue tooth only connects for call audio. Is there a way to change this and if so can it be included in your next rom?

I would search for an answer before posting but i don't have time right now so wanted to ask this before you released your new rom. Sorry for posting without searching and violating the most important rule of forums. Just don't know if you are about to release your rom and if it's an easy fix I'd like it to be a part of it.

KillaHurtz

Aug 13, 2010
Albuquerque
Alright folks, I have started work on KillaJoule 2.0

Expect to see some progress real soon. I was unsure if I was keeping the Note 2 for financial reasons, but they have been resolved for the time being. I will still probably move on to the S4 after it drops, but I will bow out of the Note 2 arena with an update for those of you still rocking this :D

***Edit:
After reading up, it appears a lot of users are reporting the 4.1.2 update as buggy and bad on battery. I will be making this update for those that kept asking for an update, but I will in no way be making revisions or anything else.
The issue is present on the stock rom and will most likely transfer to mine as well. This update will be for those who are lucky enough to get LTE in the area and are willing to sacrifice the stability and incredible battery life of my 1st offering for that extra data speed.

Last edited:
Reactions: zain0300

xmv540

Nov 18, 2012
Cant seem to find Locos theme for V0.9 am I missing something or does someone have a link?

marqis

Dec 6, 2009
Will you post up a link to the update once. You finished

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

KillaHurtz

Aug 13, 2010
Albuquerque
Will you post up a link to the update once. You finished

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Sorry guys. I have just bought a Octacore GSIV. I will not be continuing this ROM or providing updates, because I do not have the device anymore, and I will be focusing on my new toy. Thanks for all the support and continued interest !

i_guana

Nov 4, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Sorry guys. I have just bought a Octacore GSIV. I will not be continuing this ROM or providing updates, because I do not have the device anymore, and I will be focusing on my new toy. Thanks for all the support and continued interest !

But you said you were dropping one more update before moving on. Seems your draw to the S4 was overwhelming to you. I was patiently waiting for this update. Shame...

KillaHurtz

Aug 13, 2010
Albuquerque
But you said you were dropping one more update before moving on. Seems your draw to the S4 was overwhelming to you. I was patiently waiting for this update. Shame...

Sorry dude, I don't have the device anymore. I work and am a full time father. Finding someone to do testing and all the other stuff required would be more time that I don't have. I will be around for anyone looking to maybe take over this rom, but will be focusing mostly on the GS4 and development for that platform (as we all know when the GS3 dropped the international version's chipset carried over to the Note 2) which may lead to my return with the Note 3. Best wishes guys, and thanks for choosing KillaJoule !

i_guana

Nov 4, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Sorry dude, I don't have the device anymore. I work and am a full time father. Finding someone to do testing and all the other stuff required would be more time that I don't have. I will be around for anyone looking to maybe take over this rom, but will be focusing mostly on the GS4 and development for that platform (as we all know when the GS3 dropped the international version's chipset carried over to the Note 2) which may lead to my return with the Note 3. Best wishes guys, and thanks for choosing KillaJoule !

And you are much appreciated for all you've done. Thanks for doing such a great job with 0.9. I don't think a lot of people in the forum truly are aware of how excellent this ROM is. It's truly the best ROM I've used on my Note 2 and I've tried most of them. I certainly hope someone does pick it up and continues your level of excellence. I would myself but I just started my Android development education and not sure if I'm ready to take that on yet. ;)

Best of luck to you!

Reactions: KillaHurtz

KillaHurtz

Aug 13, 2010
Albuquerque
Since nobody has stepped up to continue this ROM, I am asking mods to close this thread as all pertinent info has been disclosed.
Thanks again to all the users and especially the special 2 dudes who actually donated :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROM_LOGO_zps06ba3136.png

Wifi Tether Natively (no need for 3rd party app ! )
    Custom boot animation
    Custom ringtones/notifications
    Custom wallpapers
    Partially debloated
    zipaligned on boot
    Transparent weather and music
    A Brighter Note brightness increase
    Latest Perseus kernel
    init.d enabled
    Touch screen tweaks
    Mobile data tweaks
    I/O tweaks
    Wifi tweaks
    Phone tweaks
    System tweaks
    Battery tweaks
    Sony Acid Mod + Walkman App
    No FPS cap
    4 way reboot
    Call recording
    23 toggles
    Power off sound removed
    CRT Off

Thanks to:
    Arch Energy Productions
    Steve Kondit
    Koush
    JesusFreke
    teshxx (base)
    cmnard (4 way reboot)
    Gabriel L (tether)
    AndreiLux (kernel)
    hatcyl (brightness mod)
    farfromovin (coffee)
    CableMan67 (coffee)
    sorg (crt off)
    wanam (call recording, 23 toggles)
    lidroid (lidroid framework)

Code:
    This is my 1st rom based of my own finding and preferences. 
    It is built for speed in all departments and I will continue to fine tune it with the help of you all. 
    If you like my work hit thanks, or give me some feedback to continue the project.

V.09 - BACON !!! mirror Moaaar BACON !!!

Old V0.5
    Download
    or Mirror 1 (thanks venal_system) - Mirror 2
    MD5: 9afdf6b83d0b394efe4fbccddba90ace
    For the loyal users of this ROM, I will be cooking up a fresh version with the newest OTA soon. I have been away from home for some weeks now and recently switched my rig to a OSX based system (I'm the devil now, I know lol). I do alot of music programs and DJing, so I needed something more stable. For the people who want to see this hit the thanks button and I will get it rolling ASAP !
    Screenshots​

Screenshot_2013-01-16-11-44-33_zpsf45aeb6c.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-16-11-44-47_zps469f8be9.png
    attachmentphp_zpsa3e51273.jpg
    23 toggle AOSP Theme available from fOrEvErLoCo

Updated SecWallpaperChooser.apk
    Manually push to system/app - and set permissions to rw-r--r-- (see attached pic if you are confused :D )
    It's my birthday, so I decided to work all night and bring you guys the update I promised. 23 toggles, call recording, shutdown sound fixed, CRT off fixed, super duper hosts file, and moaaarrrr bacon !!

**uploading now