Focus i917 AT&T USA and i917R ROGERS CANADA RETAIL ROMs

Search This thread

ptclik85

Aug 21, 2009
Oppo N3
How exactly do I flash this rom? I'm coming from a different rom and since you have to do something completely different to flash this rom what do you have to do get this to work properly?

EnderPsp

Apr 6, 2008
Lost in Europe :)
How exactly do I flash this rom? I'm coming from a different rom and since you have to do something completely different to flash this rom what do you have to do get this to work properly?

See this post.

Refreshing thread, good download links see this post.
You need: Samsung i917 Focus firmware UCJK3 ATT USA 4K
Mediafire links work (thanks to SuperSport) as well as digzip (zippyshare, depositfiles).

Last edited:

maddis

Aug 23, 2009
DID IT!!! 7.8 at last!!!

Hi every one, I just updated to 7.8!!! Did it after 6 hours of looking form the rom and learning how it worked.

I am not an expert on cellphone flashing or anything like that, i am just a regular guy that like to play without taking risks to big...

I have one of the first ATT Focus, and i was so frustrated with not even receiving the tango update... i had a spare (broken) focus that did not had a screen, so i decided i can play with it and if i break it further more, it wouldn t mind as i only had it for spare parts.

So, i was trying to get the update from the link provided on the first page of the update, but it kept taking me to a advertizement page, so i decided to look for the rom somewhere else, and i typed in google:

Samsung i917R Focus firmware UXJL2 ROGERS CANADA

i got a few download pages. so i went for the one that sound more familiar (i hate myself for not remembering witch page i got it from)... well, i downloaded an *.exe file, it was about 160mb, i think... it was not a small file.

one downloaded, i realized it was an executable ZIP file, ant it contained 6 files, 2 were applications and 4 where wierd files (i remember i read those weird names somewhere else, so i knew they were the ones).

The 2 applications were 2 versions of the "WP7 Downloader" application, i used v7.21.

first you have to set the phone into Downloand Mode, or you won;t be able to select anything on the app.

then you have to clic on all the "check boxes" of the app (they are 4)

On the first "select image" part of the window of the program, select the path where you unziped all the files, it will show you only one file, Select IT.

On the second "select image" part of the same window, select the path where you unzipped the files on the three fields you can select something. you will only find one file type for each of the three fields.

after that clic on start and wait until phone shows you the "Getting Started" screen.

THAT'S IT!!!

Now you have a Rogers firmware on wp 7004 version, the only thing you have to do is update the phone via ZUNE.

WAIT!!! it will only let you update freely until last Refresh update or first Tango update, after that, you have to do the disconnecting the internet trick several time to get all the remaining updated until 7.8... you will have to try the trick several time for each update.

DONT LOOSE FAITH!!!

keep thrying as many times as you need to, i did it and it is woth it!!!

and region or country has nothing to do with the updates once you have the Rogers firmware installed, i live in Peru and i could do it.

SAMSUNG FOCUS ROCKS!!!

Good luck!!!

TrashSlash

Apr 17, 2012
Barranquilla
Hi every one, I just updated to 7.8!!! Did it after 6 hours of looking form the rom and learning how it worked.

I am not an expert on cellphone flashing or anything like that, i am just a regular guy that like to play without taking risks to big...

I have one of the first ATT Focus, and i was so frustrated with not even receiving the tango update... i had a spare (broken) focus that did not had a screen, so i decided i can play with it and if i break it further more, it wouldn t mind as i only had it for spare parts.

So, i was trying to get the update from the link provided on the first page of the update, but it kept taking me to a advertizement page, so i decided to look for the rom somewhere else, and i typed in google:

i got a few download pages. so i went for the one that sound more familiar (i hate myself for not remembering witch page i got it from)... well, i downloaded an *.exe file, it was about 160mb, i think... it was not a small file.

one downloaded, i realized it was an executable ZIP file, ant it contained 6 files, 2 were applications and 4 where wierd files (i remember i read those weird names somewhere else, so i knew they were the ones).

The 2 applications were 2 versions of the "WP7 Downloader" application, i used v7.21.

first you have to set the phone into Downloand Mode, or you won;t be able to select anything on the app.

then you have to clic on all the "check boxes" of the app (they are 4)

On the first "select image" part of the window of the program, select the path where you unziped all the files, it will show you only one file, Select IT.

On the second "select image" part of the same window, select the path where you unzipped the files on the three fields you can select something. you will only find one file type for each of the three fields.

after that clic on start and wait until phone shows you the "Getting Started" screen.

THAT'S IT!!!

Now you have a Rogers firmware on wp 7004 version, the only thing you have to do is update the phone via ZUNE.

WAIT!!! it will only let you update freely until last Refresh update or first Tango update, after that, you have to do the disconnecting the internet trick several time to get all the remaining updated until 7.8... you will have to try the trick several time for each update.

DONT LOOSE FAITH!!!

keep thrying as many times as you need to, i did it and it is woth it!!!

and region or country has nothing to do with the updates once you have the Rogers firmware installed, i live in Peru and i could do it.

SAMSUNG FOCUS ROCKS!!!

Good luck!!!
oh bro¡ thats sounds like a lot of work for me is better to use custom rom:D

g.t

Mar 11, 2007
I cant understand what i am doing wrong

I have a Focus i917 from AT&T USA rev.1.3 and i bought used before 2 days.
I tried more then 10 times to Hard Reset, using Power + Camera + Vol.Down buttons but without any success.
Every time i tried the phone won't factory reset. So i decide to reflash it with the original rom from the post of the user PavelX1
I tried both Samsung i917 Focus firmware UCJK2 AT&T USA and Samsung i917R Focus firmware UXJL2 ROGERS CANADA.
The procces complete succesfully without any problem but my phone now just power on and stuck to "SAMSUNG" logo page for more 2 hours.
I tried with the microsd inside the slot and without the microsd. I wasnt lucky again.
Next i have installed the MAGDLR 2.00 and i tried to flash this custom rom Dynamics v2.0 - WP7.8 RTM from ceesheim.
The results was the same. I was stuck to the "SAMSUNG" Logo. I am not a noobie here in XDA, I am visiting almost every day this forum
and i work mostly for HTC phones and i believed that the flashing procedure will be the same to SAMSUNG like HTC phones.
The only thing that i can do is to put the phone in USB Download Mode and to Hard reset my phone. I can't flash it with a Stosck Rom or
a Custom Rom.
Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong ,maybe i miss something
Any help is well come.

konker

Jan 9, 2006
How to downgrade to 7004?

I've a Samsung Focus SGH-i917 v.1.3 running official Mango 7720 AT&T ROM.
I want to flash MAGLDR so that I can flash other custom ROMs.
However, despite my phone being in download mode, I cannot flash MAGLDR.
The tool cannot get past the "Waiting for USB Connection...".
Could this be due to the ROM being locked?
If so, how do I roll back to 7004 so that I can install MAGLDR & then flash custom ROMs?
Please advise me accordingly.
Thanks!

Konker

Last edited:

shk12344

Mar 30, 2008
I've a Samsung Focus SGH-i917 v.1.3 running official Mango 7720 AT&T ROM.
I want to flash MAGLDR so that I can flash other custom ROMs.
However, despite my phone being in download mode, I cannot flash MAGLDR.
The tool cannot get past the "Waiting for USB Connection...".
Could this be due to the ROM being locked?
If so, how do I roll back to 7004 so that I can install MAGLDR & then flash custom ROMs?
Please advise me accordingly.
Thanks!

Konker

Here's the direction:

http://windowsphonehacker.com/artic...r_and_custom_roms_on_samsung_devices-02-08-12

Download MAGLDR, and the ROM of your choice (see the bottom of that thread for ROM choices)
Obtain the Samsung USB Drivers For Mobile (Google it, or search Samsung's website)
Turn off your device
Hold Volume Up, Camera, and Power until it says "Download Mode"
Connect it to your computer
Run the MAGLDR setup
Once the phone boots back up, turn it off, and hold Volume Down, Camera, and Power until it asks for a format.
Press Back
Connect your phone to your computer and let all drivers install
Run the ROM setup
Boot back into Format mode and press Start twice
Profit!

You can also watch this youtube video,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dSTahZY4mI

Reactions: Qawnman

konker

Jan 9, 2006
Here's the direction:

http://windowsphonehacker.com/artic...r_and_custom_roms_on_samsung_devices-02-08-12

Download MAGLDR, and the ROM of your choice (see the bottom of that thread for ROM choices)
Obtain the Samsung USB Drivers For Mobile (Google it, or search Samsung's website)
Turn off your device
Hold Volume Up, Camera, and Power until it says "Download Mode"
Connect it to your computer
Run the MAGLDR setup
Once the phone boots back up, turn it off, and hold Volume Down, Camera, and Power until it asks for a format.
Press Back
Connect your phone to your computer and let all drivers install
Run the ROM setup
Boot back into Format mode and press Start twice
Profit!

You can also watch this youtube video,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dSTahZY4mI
shk12344,

Thanks for these information.
I believe I've seen them & used them but my phone is still stuck at the download mode without MAGLDR installed.
The MAGLDR setup utility did not move past Step 2: "Waiting for USB Connection...".
I've even managed to upgrade to Tango 8862 using the seveneighter update tool.
This at least proves to me that the phone is functionally okay but something is preventing MAGLDR from being installed.
I'm still clueless...

Konker

Update:
I finally managed to flash MAGLDR using a Windows XP system with I8700_Samsung_Mobile_USB_Driver(V5.2)_V1.2.1050.0 drivers installed.

Last edited:

AndrewH1993

Dec 17, 2010
howeitworks.com
PLEASE update new links for the Sammy Rainbow rom, Magler, Windows Cab files, and more. There are a ton of dead links. The more information that you provide the more I can assist Windows Phone Hacker and Sharp7Eighter. Crossing my fingers that he will help 10 years later but made contact. I'm trying to see if we can get some updated tutorials and links since Zune is dead. Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

so i was FINALLY able to manage them! you was waiting so long for them?
    first really Retail ROMs for Focus i917 and i917R

Enjoy them!

signed by WP7_PRODUCT (1.3 HW):

Samsung i917 Focus firmware UCJK2 AT&T USA

signed by WP7_PRODUCT_4K (1.4 HW):

Samsung i917 Focus firmware UCJK3 ATT USA 4K

Happy Flashing
    These roms bring your phone basically back to factory with os version 7004. Its useful if you have a focus in demo mode or just wanna downgrade to 7004 to do the chevron unlock and upgrade. But to answer youre question, in order for the program to see your phone, you have to put ur phone in download mode.
    Turn off phone, hold camera, volume up, n power then connect to pc. Make sure you have samsung drivers installed. If you have windows vista or 7, if drivers are not there it will automatically install from windows update.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

Just found your answer after I finished flashing my focus and want to give a little tutorial for people who don't know how to do it. But thanks anyway :)

And yes, I bought my focus from ebay, already updated in 7390, but I want to unlock my device. Have been struggling since yesterday, searching here and there. Now I can sleep tight :)

How to flash your focus !! said:
    To wrap it up :

1. Download Samsung USB Driver (Windows 7 can't find it for me) and install it.
    http : //mirror.batteryboss.org/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe

2. Unplug your device (if it's plugged).

3. Put your focus in download mode (I found this from Omnia forum), as astaccz already stated, press Volume UP + Camera + Power button, then after you see Exclamation Mark inside Yellow Triangle, release the button.

4. After the driver installed, Run the application (I use the 7.21 version) then load all of the files needed. (nb0, bin, etc)

5. Plug your device !! The Start button will be clickable now !!

6. Press start, and enjoy the flashing progress.

7. Wait until you get the Getting Started screen.

8. Enjoy !!!

Original Omnia 7 flashing guide here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=973420
    Hello, how can I flash my phone using this firmware ??? The "Start" button always disabled (greyed out).

Is this only for developer unlocked device ??

My phone is Samsung Focus rev 1.3 in 7390 Update (zune said it's already updated to latest version, but someone here said there's may update 7392)

These roms bring your phone basically back to factory with os version 7004. Its useful if you have a focus in demo mode or just wanna downgrade to 7004 to do the chevron unlock and upgrade. But to answer youre question, in order for the program to see your phone, you have to put ur phone in download mode.
    Turn off phone, hold camera, volume up, n power then connect to pc. Make sure you have samsung drivers installed. If you have windows vista or 7, if drivers are not there it will automatically install from windows update.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
    I've been waiting for this for a long time. My replacement phone came with 7390 installed, so I was locked out. Now, I've flashed this 7004 ROM, Unlocked, Updated, and am currently running 7390 UNLOCKED. Very much appreciated. :D

Be sure to browse for all the file parts in the Flash Program, then be sure to select ALL the check boxes. Next, put your phone into DOWNLOAD mode (Volume UP, Power, Camera) and then start the flash. See the attached images. Of course your files will be in slightly different locations.