[APP] z4root - root android in one click from an app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gearspace

Nov 12, 2010
Re: HTC EVO

Hi guys,
I ran w/ debugging mode activated on my 2.2 "froyo" evo. I saw earlier someone posted a reply saying that only the root only allowed shell and not a full root. Is unrevoked the easiest way to apply a full root? I don't really mind the sense UI, but would like to remove the sprint "bloatware" that comes with the phone. I tried unrevoked, and I selected HTC sync on my phone when it was plugged in via usb (htc sync was not installed on my computer). The program just displayed the initial message and nothing happened. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

reyrey2435

Jun 29, 2010
ok so i rooted now what to do i downloaded rom manager root explorer titanium backup.so is bootstrap included or do i need to download it? and is it Deodex or Odex ? what else is needed to use a custom rom? help would be great greatful and really appreciated

justmoto92

Sep 7, 2010
Singapore
Z4Root

Hello, i am a newbie on rooting phone.

I have try rooting my Motorola DEXT with Z4Root but it came out "z4root could not be installed on this phone." Please help me. I really do want my phone to be rooted. Thanks :(

Regards,
CGH :)

sqlinj

Nov 9, 2010
It worked perfectly on vodafone 845, took about 20 or so seconds to run.

Thank you very much :)

jackpearce

Jul 24, 2010
baton rouge
I bought my wife a lg optimus s. I will try it later today but was wondering if anyone has used this root method on an optimus phone yet.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

themuttt

Nov 11, 2010
worked on the DX but took some time, but seeing a previous post, I think it has to do with the antivirus. So now the Super-noob question, how does one unroot from this?

mangouste06

Nov 12, 2010
I just rooted a Samsung Galaxy S from Bouygues (France).

I had to do it in two steps. First run, z4root took a long time, and never finished. I restarted the phone, and retried z4root. It just rebooted.

I'm rooted now, thanks.

aristos2010

Jan 18, 2010
Doesn't work on my Archos 70 too...

Funny thing was,my usb debugging was on but was prompted to turn it on. Actually had to turn it off before it could proceed. Could this be the reason?

94k11

Nov 12, 2010
Does not work on Ally. Tried three times. BusyBox is saying no root.
The first time it said applying root for maybe 2 seconds, then rebooted. The second time, it took about 5 minutes, then said applying root, rebooted. Third time, it all happened in about 2 seconds again. Still no root.

EDIT: I'm pretty new with all this rooting stuff, so if someone could kindly answer this question, that would be great. Since I attempted to root using z4, I now have superuser on my phone. I downloaded busybox as mentioned in an above post to see if my phone was rooted. It says it is not. Now I have superuser on my phone, that I cannot uninstall, and I just read on another forum that you have superuser on your phone, your phone IS rooted. So my question is, is my phone rooted or not?

Last edited:

appagom

Sep 18, 2010
Hey ryanza is this an update.zip? Can't see how it could be anything else as an app. If so.. it wont unroot Korean galaxy s cause our recovery mode has no update option. That's OK..we have root worked out with adb exploit but you should update first post for those searching. If we happen to get a fixed recovery ROM with froyo update tomorrow I'll let you know. BTW like your lag fix since we don't have a large community in English to test and port kernels and such.
Edit:..and, well because it works of course
: )

To be clear I only know about shw-m110s..not Korean galaxy k etc..which is also a galaxy s : )

Sent from my SHW-M110S using XDA App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Having trouble rooting your phone? This might be just for you!

Credits

z4ziggy
    Sebastian Krahmer's rageagainstthecage

What this does

It is an app you install (currently you must side load it, but it will be on the market once it's had some testing here on XDA), that has a single button that will root your device. Should work on ALL Android devices -- please leave a note if it works or doesn't work on your device.

How safe is this?

Should be 100% safe - nothing on disk is changed besides the root binaries, so if something goes wrong, simply rebooting the device should fix up any and all issues. Let me know if you find any bugs!

z4rootscreenshot.png

Changelog

V1.0.0 : Initial Release
    V1.1.0 : Will now open the application settings page if USB debugging is not enabled.
    Look, people, read what has been said.
    THIS DOES NOT WORK ON A DEVICE RUNNING ANY ANDROID VERSION ABOVE 2.1! NOT 2.2, NOT 4.0...

So no more asking if it works on X device or why doesn't it work on X running Android 2.2, 2.3, 3.x or 4.x
    New version 1.1.0 uploaded with detection for USB debugging not being enabled.
    This looks really cool! But, is it just a shell root? Not a nand unlock?
    Rename zip to apk ;)

Sent from GNex...