Help Help Please!!

Search This thread

Pace Sketchy

Dec 20, 2013
My galaxy is messing up everytime I turn it on it gets stuck on the Samsung logo and I dont what to do please help if you know how to fix this.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Did it just starting doing this by itself or have you recently flashed our installed anything. Also, what firmware are you on?

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Im on AT&T i337 MK2 and all I did was reboot it so a new transition when opening apps would apply when it tried rebboting it go stuck on the samsung logo

Have you tried rebooting it again and do you have a backup of your phone. I'm sure we can get it working again but to do that it might wipe your device.

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Ok I did it three times and when I reboot its still doing it but on top of it all its still rooted cause when I reboot it still says Samsung Custom and shows a lock symbol.

That's not a good sign that it's not working. The next thing to try is to flash the factory firmware. See the attached. You'll want to download the all in one file and flash that in odin.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49687770

You'll download a .rar file, use 7-zip to extract the .tar.md5 file from it. Use that file in the PDA slot in odin.

Last edited:

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Ok thanks but also do I download Odin on the computer or go into download mode on my phone?

Download Odin and the all in one onto your computer. You'll run Odin from your computer. Boot your phone into download mode then plug it into your usb cable. Odin should show that your device is connected.

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Ok so Im sorry for askling this but what am i supposed to do with odin? And how do i use it?

Start it up. You'll see a PDA slot where you can browse for a file. Browse to where the.tar.md5 file you downloaded is. Then boot your phone into download mode and plug the usb cable into it. Odin should have a com in the upper left hand corner turn yellow or blue, it depends on the Odin version you're using. Once you see that your phone is being recognized by Odin and you can hit start. If everything goes right it should take about 10 minutes for it to do its thing. If it's successful boot into recovery and do a factory reset

Austie1337

Oct 13, 2013
Ok so Im sorry for askling this but what am i supposed to do with odin? And how do i use it?

I don't want to steal your thunder JD. Sketchy do you live near a BestBuy? If so some have a Samsung Experience Shop which they can do that for you if you are unsure how to use Odin. Tell them Kies broke your phone and ask them to reflash it. Its free. Try not to show them the custom logo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app