The Noob Chronicles

Search This thread

skynet11

Oct 14, 2010
I might have called this a Top Ten List if there weren't an almost unlimited number of ways to advertise one's noobosity. For the purposes of this thread, I'm defining the word "noob" as someone who is:

1. Either unwilling or too lazy to read simple directions prior to borking their phone because they skipped a vital step and virtually screaming "Halp Nao! OMG! Your stupid ROM bricked my phone!" Notice the difference from saying "I can haz halp plz - I took these (list specific steps) and now my phone won't boot"

2. Either unwilling or too lazy to do a simple search prior to posting a question that has already been answered multiple times in the thread they post it in. Granted, the search function in XDA is less than stellar (hint, hint) but you can usually tell whether the one posting the question at least made an effort to find a solution that's already been given to their problem

3. Making solutions even harder to find because of cluttering development threads with unhelpful or even useless posts like "Looks great! Flashing now!" or "Everything's working great! Thanks (insert dev here)!" Granted, devs like to be appreciated for their hard work just like anyone else, but that's what the Thanks button and the General section are for.

So, I would like to encourage everyone to post their opinions about the top ways to show everyone you're a noob, but to do so without being vulgar, abusive, overly personal, or a "dev snob," whatever that means ;)

Has anyone seen John Connor?

Last edited:
M

mentose457

how i put this on mi fone? this make fone fast lik 4g?????? o wait it not a rom....

skynet11

Oct 14, 2010
I'll get us started (edit: mentose457 ninja'd me! Arrrrrrrgh!)
"I always wipe data three times before I flash a new ROM!" as if somehow the first wipe didn't really wipe all the data but left enough behind to bork the next ROM you use

buckwheat.phd

Aug 17, 2011
big bad azz 14yr old with a skull logo brands all as either a noob or a troll. only two words in his little vocabulary. You guys ever wonder why this site suffers such a hostile rep?

Reactions: droidstyle

skynet11

Oct 14, 2010
I can only wish I was 14, but I certainly hope everyone does not fit the rather specific definition I put in the OP (I see my lulz thread is having the desired effect, though :D)

By the way, the logo is of a Terminator, the machine Skynet creates to hunt down John Connor (I guess the Terminator movies were before your time ;))

Last edited:
Reactions: wessiide

chopper the dog

Oct 17, 2008
The blood bath known as Chicago IL.
big bad azz 14yr old with a skull logo brands all as either a noob or a troll. only two words in his little vocabulary. You guys ever wonder why this site suffers such a hostile rep?
hehe go back to your cough cough razr forum..... You can really pick out the type of people that would by that piece of S#!t.

good day.

Reactions: dhouston10

Hypnosis4U2NV

Nov 23, 2010
New York City
OK, so I went into Odin and flashed the ROM under the "phone" option and I'm stuck at a blank screen and the phone is smoking.. Now what?

Sent from my Commodore 64..
READY.
load"xda forums",8,1

Last edited:
Reactions: skynet11

schu9120

Apr 13, 2011
Moscow
Not there either I dropped her off over on 69th a little while ago...

Damn it guys! Why didn't you remind her that she needs to pick enyo and me up from school at 3? Or 4. Or some other eta. We were supposed to go to the store and buy some honeycomb and ice cream sammys but all we have now is knockoff gingerbread cookies from October.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay guise. I didn't have a camera to take a picture of my screen or a mirror so I could use the fascy cam but I drew you all a picture of what I see that shows my my leet quadz.

cf0v6.jpg

2 things:

1. I keep jumping through time randomly but it only seems to happen when I'm on the highway. I think this is a glitch in the Bada kernel. It's cool but I get confused where I am and the GPS takes too long to lock so I don't know where I am.
    2. Does anyone know how to program the phone to show the real time? I'M SO SICK AND TIRED OF IT DISPLAYING 12:00. UGH DEVS TEST YOUR ROMS BEFORE YOU RELEASE THEM.
    3. Thanks for all the help and everyones hard work!! I can't wait for you all to spend hours with me trying to fix my issues while I ignore everything you say and I do what I want to fail at fixing it and then complain that you didn't fix my phone. =) =) =)
    Another way to advertise your noobosity: "I always wipe data 3 times before flashing a new ROM. You should, too" and actually thinking you're imparting wisdom to everyone.

I don't always wipe data, but when I do, I prefer to wipe 3 times. Keep wiping my friends. :D
    For example..
    Petty name calling or thinking your post will be the "one" to fix anything with XDA rep....
    Jump into a thread and tell everyone your going to "ban some a$$"

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
    Does moms work on this room? I can't send pics
    Nah. you won't find her here. Try 5th & Main St.

good day.