LG G3 Prime?

Search This thread

kinjo1023

Aug 24, 2012
Honolulu
I was about a day away from upgrading my AT&T Samsung GS3 to the LG G3 until I heard whispers of the updated Prime being released for the US at the Berlin IFA show. Anyone else hear anything else more substantial about it? Best Buy has the G3s on sale for $99 right now but if the phone is going to get a prime version I'd rather wait for that to see what they update....

arcticrobot

Jan 2, 2012
Every phone will eventually be replaced by better version. If you are going to always wait like this you are going to have bad time.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheKnux and 3's&7's

bolillo

Every phone will eventually be replaced by better version. If you are going to always wait like this you are going to have bad time.

Honestly this phone has everything i need, honestly a phone with more power right now is a bit overkill cause i don't think there is an app in which you need all of this processing power but if you haven't upgraded yet and you can wait until it comes out then more power to you cause i can tell you that this phone is awesome and with more speed it will feel better if not the same, but a newer phone might also mean that the bootloader unlock will take longer to achieve and root to cause they might fix everything that was good to exploit right now we are looking close to bootloader unlock or at least there is solid progress, but it's your pick man get an awesome phone at a discount or get the same phone with a bit more power at a later date at a more expensive price

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

breathtakingevil

Apr 26, 2010
I disagree with some of these statements.

First you have to ask yourself, what will you get out of a new device which your not getting in your current one?

Now that you've answered this, browse the phones that meet these prerequisites.
Read reviews, see which one has better res., faster processor, whatever meets YOUR needs, not necessarily the markets.
Look at the manufacturors' credentials to get a feel for how well they provide things like updates, support, etc.

Once you've made a decision, go for it. I came from the S4 to this since I bricked it... but typically I will wait a processor generation(1-2 years). Went from having a single core, to dual core, quad core, but f*ed up my phone, so I got a beefed up quad that was appeasing.

WHAT ARE YOUR NEEDS is my main point, sometimes there is never enough processing power for someone who has 5 email accounts, all of the common social networking apps && a high-process running launcher. It all depends on what you do with your device, but 3-6 months after the release of the first generation processor of it's kind is my rule of thumb...

My personal opinion & 2 cents worth. If I knew there was a prime coming out in two weeks from the day I was about to get this phone, I would hold out as well lol

Raz12

Jun 15, 2014
Newark
Lol well i just bought the phone and im not up for renewal until 2 years again so i have to stick with this amazing LG G3 regardless .

Reactions: droidiac13

kinjo1023

Aug 24, 2012
Honolulu
Pulled the trigger on the G3 and I'm definitely happy with the phone. Especially since it was only 50 bucks with the best buy sale and a gift card. Love it so far.

huskerkate

Aug 9, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Pulled the trigger on the G3 and I'm definitely happy with the phone. Especially since it was only 50 bucks with the best buy sale and a gift card. Love it so far.

Personally, I think you made a sound choice. From what I've been able to gather, the only difference in the Prime version, if it is even made available in the US, is that it will have an 805 processor. It was designed for the markets that use the cat6 lte band, which the US doesn't have. The 805 is supposed to have a better and more efficient graphics processor, but that doesn't mean a whole lot to me be a use I don't do much gaming. You might see a slight bump in performance and battery life, but we're probably still months away from seeing it in the states. By that time, the G4 will already be close, as well as devices with the 810 (I saw an article about it on DL today). I'm perfectly happy with the G3, and once the bootloader is unlocked (which appears to be soon, according to posts in the Bounty threads), I will be entertained for several months until we see the next gen devices.

3's&7's

Jul 25, 2013
P3X-439
Personally, I think you made a sound choice. From what I've been able to gather, the only difference in the Prime version, if it is even made available in the US, is that it will have an 805 processor. It was designed for the markets that use the cat6 lte band, which the US doesn't have. The 805 is supposed to have a better and more efficient graphics processor, but that doesn't mean a whole lot to me be a use I don't do much gaming. You might see a slight bump in performance and battery life, but we're probably still months away from seeing it in the states. By that time, the G4 will already be close, as well as devices with the 810 (I saw an article about it on DL today). I'm perfectly happy with the G3, and once the bootloader is unlocked (which appears to be soon, according to posts in the Bounty threads), I will be entertained for several months until we see the next gen devices.

Agreed. Don't get caught up in semi generational devices. You don't get your $'s worth, your off meaningful product cycles, and frankly creating a satisfaction hole you will never fill.

As soon as this boot loader is unlocked. I'm selling my M8 GPE and sticking with this until next year when my "Next Plan" with the carrier is finished.

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
I was about a day away from upgrading my AT&T Samsung GS3 to the LG G3 until I heard whispers of the updated Prime being released for the US at the Berlin IFA show. Anyone else hear anything else more substantial about it? Best Buy has the G3s on sale for $99 right now but if the phone is going to get a prime version I'd rather wait for that to see what they update....

There is no reason for LG to release it in the US. When it was released LG said they have no plans to have it outside of Korea. I think it should come to the US but I don't think it will. I have one coming from Korea in a few days which is what you should do if you want one. Also if you order it from Korea you get a spare battery, battery charger and headphones with the phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Lol well i just bought the phone and im not up for renewal until 2 years again so i have to stick with this amazing LG G3 regardless .
    I'm probably not going to even root it until an android L ROM comes out. I don't mind the optimus UI.