[Q] Too late now to buy GS2 I777 or no ?

Search This thread

kLAcK107

Apr 5, 2011
I am a new owner of a SII i777. $100 with a new contract, very good deal for me.
Its the best phone I've had so far. I like the screen size and resolution. I'm trying out new radios and pulling down 8mb/s so far on "4G".

I bought my wife a iPhone 4S, and I feel like I've seen everything its ever going to do...

mahanddeem

Nov 13, 2011
bull. i sell phones all the time and obviously if its $250 for a note then thats a scam why bother. got a skyrocket for sale now for $350
you don't need LTE cause you're running ST.

Thanks Calical ... The point is that I am trying not to buy a phone that has no future , imagine I bought a non-LTE phone just 4 or 5 months before LTE kicks in in my city .. Would be kind of disappointed .. Only God can know , and it might never happens at least for a year from now ....

If I know I will be HAPPY for a YEAR with GS2 I777 ----> I will jump for it quickly...Otherwise , Skyrocket would be a better choice (even if ST doesn't offer LTE when it comes , might have ATT service if that happens)

Thanks

mattdm

Dec 31, 2011
Don't buy a skyrocket. The processor is slow, and the development community will never be as active as the i777 community.

Simba501

Feb 2, 2010
OP,

Beware. I read something about a guy using ST and his service getting deactivated. Something about using too much data. He said they also couldn't tell him how much was too much. The amount I remember wasn't even a huge amount; it might have been somewhere in the ballpark of 2 gigs or so.

Reactions: mahanddeem

dwd3885

May 20, 2010
i just bought the i777 yesterday or $350 like-new on eBay. I have been switching around phones a lot lately and find the S2 to have the best android camera available (INCLUDING THE ONE X). The Galaxy Nexus camera is just terrible compared to the S2. With CM9 on the S2, it's a no-brainer for me. It's a very good phone and a fantastic price on eBay anyway.

The Nexus is over $450 and the One X is around 650-700. The S3 will likely be around that price too until it's available on US networks, but think about how long it took last year and the year before? You'll be waiting until mid-summer at the earliest I would think and even then it would be really expensive.

Reactions: mahanddeem

mahanddeem

Nov 13, 2011
Thanks(and thanks button too)

Yes I am aware of that...But to tell you the truth,peeple are exaggerating the issue ... I can never blame the company , some people think it is smart to dump their net subscription at home and tether data to hell .. Some stupid was happy he pulled 8 gigabytes of data and ST didn't contact him , and then he also asked for his friends and family to have windows updates from his tethered data from his phone ..That's ridiculus and if I was in charge of things at a wireless company I would do the same (dump this customer) ... because that's exactly "abnormal usage"...IMO data in a smartphone is for smartphones only

mattdm

Dec 31, 2011
I think what it comes down to is, yes, you should buy a Galaxy S2. It's the best you can get for your money(assuming you don't want to spend $700), and it is relatively future-proof.

1weener

Apr 18, 2012
Think about it. Why would it ever be too late to get the best phone around? Something may come out better at some point, and probably will, but does that make the GS2 any worse? This is a great phone by any standard and will continue to be for a good while longer!

mahanddeem

Nov 13, 2011
Think about it. Why would it ever be too late to get the best phone around? Something may come out better at some point, and probably will, but does that make the GS2 any worse? This is a great phone by any standard and will continue to be for a good while longer!

Thanks...very logic .

Bowsa2511

Jul 30, 2010
Quite honestly I'd highly suggest waiting for the announcement of the S III. Why? If you were to go with the LTE-Equipped S III, you would be FUTURE-PROOFED; if the S III is not your desire, then you can score a cheap S II, since everyone will be selling it to buy the S III.

Simba501

Feb 2, 2010
Quite honestly I'd highly suggest waiting for the announcement of the S III. Why? If you were to go with the LTE-Equipped S III, you would be FUTURE-PROOFED; if the S III is not your desire, then you can score a cheap S II, since everyone will be selling it to buy the S III.

There is no such thing in mobile tech. Make a decision and be happy with it.

Sent from my Galaxy S II (i777)

Reactions: wonner

Bowsa2511

Jul 30, 2010
Except for the fact that this is LTE we're talking about, I highly doubt It'd take 3+ years to install it in his town.

It's like buying a cheap HD-DVD player, when the adopted Blu-ray is about to come out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you explain more please ? you mean LTE ? I don't think my city would get LTE at least for a year from now...

Yes, LTE is what I meant. If LTE is not a big deal for you, and you can't wait for the Galaxy III, then I say go for it.
    Hello
    I am thinking seriously to buy the GS2 of AT&t to use it with my ST SIM card...Now please I want to know your opinions , should I go for this Galaxy S2 , or not ? should I wait some time for something new ? I know this device is of August or Sep 2011 technology , but stil the hardware is excellent ...
    Another point is that I can get it for around 450$ locally from AT&T store (plus tax extra) .. is that a good price from a trustful seller ?
    Thanks

I love my SGSII! But, if I were you I would also wait until the SGSIII announcement. I am a gadget freak so for me it's hard to stick to one phone for long, but I'd have to say that the SGSII is one of the best devices one could own.
    well, full retail price will definitely be up there but you can usually find people reselling newer model phones between 400-600 in new/like-new condition off of craigslist/ebay/amazon. Also i pretty much consider everything above $500 to be in the same price range. If your really gonna drop $500 on a phone, might as well add the extra 100 or 200 to get best of the best.

If you look hard enough i know you can find great deals out there, or you could always pay full retail too i guess.

You should always be extremely wary of buying a phone from craigslist/ebay/ecrater...I've seen a few sellers purporting to sell the Galaxy Note for $250-$450 new, and they've all had no ratings and unsigned web pages. Suspicious to say the least.
    OP,

Beware. I read something about a guy using ST and his service getting deactivated. Something about using too much data. He said they also couldn't tell him how much was too much. The amount I remember wasn't even a huge amount; it might have been somewhere in the ballpark of 2 gigs or so.
    i just bought the i777 yesterday or $350 like-new on eBay. I have been switching around phones a lot lately and find the S2 to have the best android camera available (INCLUDING THE ONE X). The Galaxy Nexus camera is just terrible compared to the S2. With CM9 on the S2, it's a no-brainer for me. It's a very good phone and a fantastic price on eBay anyway.

The Nexus is over $450 and the One X is around 650-700. The S3 will likely be around that price too until it's available on US networks, but think about how long it took last year and the year before? You'll be waiting until mid-summer at the earliest I would think and even then it would be really expensive.