S4 Stuck in 'Android Recovery'

Search This thread

itskimmy

Feb 7, 2014
I was just casually browsing my FB newsfeed when my S4 suddenly rebooted itself into this Android Recovery Mode.

I've been presented with the following 6 options:

reboot system now
apply update from ADB
apply update from external storage
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update from cache

Now I have no idea what most of those options with mean, so I tried to reboot the system several times but to no avail.
At this point, I was as desperate to wipe data/factory reset but even that failed.

I've no idea what to do as I cannot afford to have this repaired at the shop and I do not have insurance either. I'm not sure if dropping it recently, and breaking the volume UP has contributed to this. However, I can use the volume DOWN.

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
I was just casually browsing my FB newsfeed when my S4 suddenly rebooted itself into this Android Recovery Mode.

I've been presented with the following 6 options:

reboot system now
apply update from ADB
apply update from external storage
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update from cache

Now I have no idea what most of those options with mean, so I tried to reboot the system several times but to no avail.
At this point, I was as desperate to wipe data/factory reset but even that failed.

I've no idea what to do as I cannot afford to have this repaired at the shop and I do not have insurance either. I'm not sure if dropping it recently, and breaking the volume UP has contributed to this. However, I can use the volume DOWN.

Try to Choose wipe cache and then factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!) then reboot. If still doesnt Boot Flash the stock rom via odin.

itskimmy

Feb 7, 2014
Try to Choose wipe cache and then factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!) then reboot. If still doesnt Boot Flash the stock rom via odin.

I can't even get back into the android recovery screen now for some strange reason. It just flashes the white Samsung Galaxy real quick and shuts back off straight away. I've tried holding in all power combos (volume, power and home screen) to get in but that isn't working.

Edit: Okay. I managed to did that, then rebooted. It still starts back up into the recovery screen.

Last edited:

itskimmy

Feb 7, 2014
Also what does 'Boot Flash the stock rom via odin' mean? How do I do that? It is not an option on my screen.

itskimmy

Feb 7, 2014
I've checked out those links and it's far too complexed for me to understand. I've rang around a few local phone repair shops, and I've found a cheap quote for £10-15. I'd rather leave it in the hands of someone that knows what they are doing as opposed to risking it myself and cocking it up.

Thanks though. :)