[01/04/08] Jaguar 4.0 Released

Search This thread
This ROM is released as is. Hope you like it. Been running it for 3 months now and it’s been highly stable and very fast. It does everything I want it too, and now with Tetris inside, it does more. Have fun and remember, I am only human.

Jaguar 4.0
Storage Free: 44.95mb
Program Free: 25 - 29mb (This is dependent on certain things)

System:
Transcriber
Enterprise
Standard Games
Office 2007
SqlCeMobile
VoIP
Windows Live
Windows Media Player
10 Button Comm Manager (Default Blue)

Applications:
MS VoiceCommand 1.6
ArcSoft MMS (From Original 318 Build)
HTC X-Button 1.5 Build 29968
StartClean
SynchroTime v 0.94 (Available On 2nd Page of Settings)
Adobe Reader LE
Adobe Flash Lite
Camera 3.0
HTC Streaming Media
HTC Jeodek Java
Tetris (Special request by akashastrega)
Pocket RAR

Registry Tweaks:
Lunar Calendar
Time Sync Tab
Date - Single Line
Error Reporting Disabled
Security Warning Disabled
Enabled 802.11g
Cleartype in Landscape
Ring Volume Increase
Enabled Clock on all applications
Make WM6 ask where to install application
Prompt before over writing installation
Enabled SD BatteryFix
Show "Busy" Status in Calendar view
Show calendar event text in "Week View"
Enabled Edge Icon
Enabled Caps notifier
Show tomorrow's appointments on Today Screen

Disabled Today Items By Default:
None

If you use this ROM you accept responsibility anything that may happen to your device. Don’t come crying to me if you didn’t take the time to read about how to flash or unlock your phone. Please read through those posts before attempting to flash this or any ROM to your phone.

Also I will ignore all posts about why do you have this or can you put this into the rom. There are some great kitchens out there. I am not Burger King, so you get it my way, not yours.

I first want to thank my FC Prez, akashastrega, for pulling me out of retirement for this release. I have a feeling its been in the making now for 3 months. I have tested it and I know it works.

Also, I want to thank (insert your name here) for giving my ROM a chance.

RapidShare:
With Ext ROM Enabled
Without Ext ROM Enabled

Attachments :
NTS Cingular Settings.cab – Cingular/ AT&T Required settings
NTS Enable Ext Rom.cab – This is to enable the EXT Rom if you have chosen to install version without

home.jpgabout.jpgdevice.jpgmemory.jpg

Last edited:

akashastrega

Jun 16, 2006
FRESNO, CA
To quote a famous line in When Harry Met Sally...
"yes, Yes, YES!!!"

...and remember, I am not just a Jag user, I am the Fan Club President...NTS, you SO rock.
:D

Pumpiron579

Feb 16, 2007
Goodyear, Az
www.4shared.com
Great Job NTS, Fast for sure. One small item. You have the older "Windows Live" still on, no big deal, I just updated it. You really outdone yourself with the cingular NTS settings cab. After I install that, I have a 5 bar salute. and that is on any rom that I have flashed.

Last edited:
B

boto

i have only one problem at now with this rom.

when i try to install a new keybddr.dll for correct my keyboard layout.
all my hard buttons stop to work, my screen stop to turn when the hard keyboard is open, and all the shortcutes on start menu begins with a "&"

docnas

Aug 30, 2006
hey looks awesome will download now.

One question though what are the "Standard NTS Rom Tweaks"? Meaning what reg tweaks are built in and what have been left out but are still recomended.

Oh and one more thing whats the page memory on this rom??

Anyway still want to thank Nottoosmart for all his hard work in releasing this rom.

str8g1

Jan 5, 2008
Houston
To quote a famous line in When Harry Met Sally...
"yes, Yes, YES!!!"

...and remember, I am not just a Jag user, I am the Fan Club President...NTS, you SO rock.
:D
Dude this is the first time I ever upgraded my mda all I have to say is you are a genius but I have one little delimma I want to let you know about. for some reason I can't send or recieve mms messages. would you be able to help? But other than that I love everything ESPECIALLY tetris. Thats like the best part:D

icezar

Nov 20, 2006
Hi,

Does it have this problem?

The base rom has a bug / feature where if GPRS is active, unanswered calls may not show up as a missed call and may not give notification of the unanswered call. If this happens, the unanswered call shows up in the history as an answered call with a duration of 1 or 2 seconds.

This is making me nuts, i cannot afford to miss call notifications :mad:

The only roms without this problems are TNT based so far... :(

luatnguyen

Jan 4, 2008
This ROM is released as is. Hope you like it. Been running it for 3 months now and it’s been highly stable and very fast. It does everything I want it too, and now with Tetris inside, it does more. Have fun and remember, I am only human.

Jaguar 4.0
Storage Free: 44.95mb
Program Free: 25 - 29mb (This is dependent on certain things)

System:
Transcriber
Enterprise
Standard Games
Office 2007
SqlCeMobile
VoIP
Windows Live
Windows Media Player
10 Button Comm Manager (Default Blue)

Applications:
MS VoiceCommand 1.6
ArcSoft MMS (From Original 318 Build)
HTC X-Button 1.5 Build 29968
StartClean
SynchroTime v 0.94 (Available On 2nd Page of Settings)
Adobe Reader LE
Adobe Flash Lite
Camera 3.0
HTC Streaming Media
HTC Jeodek Java
Tetris (Special request by akashastrega)
Pocket RAR

Registry Tweaks:
Standard NTS Rom Tweaks

Disabled Today Items By Default:
None

If you use this ROM you accept responsibility anything that may happen to your device. Don’t come crying to me if you didn’t take the time to read about how to flash or unlock your phone. Please read through those posts before attempting to flash this or any ROM to your phone.

Also I will ignore all posts about why do you have this or can you put this into the rom. There are some great kitchens out there. I am not Burger King, so you get it my way, not yours.

I first want to thank my FC Prez, akashastrega, for pulling me out of retirement for this release. I have a feeling its been in the making now for 3 months. I have tested it and I know it works.

Also, I want to thank (insert your name here) for giving my ROM a chance.

RapidShare:
With Ext ROM Enabled
Without Ext ROM Enabled

Attachments :
NTS Cingular Settings.cab – Cingular/ AT&T Required settings
NTS Enable Ext Rom.cab – This is to enable the EXT Rom if you have chosen to install version without

View attachment 64493View attachment 64491View attachment 64492View attachment 64494

Hi all,
i know, 8125 by camera default is 1.3 MP
If uprom Jaguar 4.0 then Camera can up to 3.0?

Thanks & regards
luatnguyen

stmasi

Jul 8, 2006
Central Oregon
...The base rom has a bug / feature where if GPRS is active, unanswered calls may not show up as a missed call and may not give notification of the unanswered call. If this happens, the unanswered call shows up in the history as an answered call with a duration of 1 or 2 seconds...

I thought this was a "feature" of the carrier (T-Mobile), not the ROMs?

Great Job NTS, Fast for sure. One small item. You have the older "Windows Live" still on, no big deal, I just updated it. You really outdone yourself with the cingular NTS settings cab. After I install that, I have a 5 bar salute. and that is on any rom that I have flashed.

I like the older version of Windows Live, mainly cause, I dont use it. LOL. But its there for the using if you want.

i have only one problem at now with this rom.

when i try to install a new keybddr.dll for correct my keyboard layout.
all my hard buttons stop to work, my screen stop to turn when the hard keyboard is open, and all the shortcutes on start menu begins with a "&"

Ok, WHAT???? I have no idea about this. This is the first time ive heard of anyone having to load a DLL to correct Keyboard layout. Have you check to see what the code is for reg to make it have your correct layout. I know for US its 0409. Check to see if Brazil has one. It might be easier and may not have the aweful effect you are having with the ROM

Dude this is the first time I ever upgraded my mda all I have to say is you are a genius but I have one little delimma I want to let you know about. for some reason I can't send or recieve mms messages. would you be able to help? But other than that I love everything ESPECIALLY tetris. Thats like the best part:D

You need to make sure your Carrier settings are setup correctly. You would be the first that would not be able to do that on a rom I have released.

As for tetris, I miss the music, but the game is fun.

hey looks awesome will download now.

One question though what are the "Standard NTS Rom Tweaks"? Meaning what reg tweaks are built in and what have been left out but are still recomended.

Oh and one more thing whats the page memory on this rom??

Anyway still want to thank Nottoosmart for all his hard work in releasing this rom.

Pagepool on all my roms are 6mb.

Ok, lets see, Ill list them here. LOL.

Registry Tweaks:
Lunar Calendar
Time Sync Tab
Date - Single Line
Error Reporting Disabled
Security Warning Disabled
Enabled 802.11g
Cleartype in Landscape
Ring Volume Increase
Enabled Clock on all applications
Make WM6 ask where to install application
Prompt before over writing installation
Enabled SD BatteryFix
Show "Busy" Status in Calendar view
Show calendar event text in "Week View"
Enabled Edge Icon
Enabled Caps notifier
Show tomorrow's appointments on Today Screen

Last edited:

docnas

Aug 30, 2006
Thnx man your the best. I am flashing now to try it out.

One question though have you ever used PointUI ? I have downloaded it n tried using it myself and really like the style and simplicity of it. Is there anyway u can cook it into any future releases n kinda somehow make it the only thing shown without all the regular today screen and such. Ofcourse only after they figure out how to get the hardware buttons working though. But still its something I hope u keep in mind for future ideas

Thanks again

zabardast_1

Aug 4, 2007
Lahore
Another download link or mirror apart from rapidshare wud be highly helpful and appreciated.Cud plz someone upload to any other site for download.
Thanks
Cheers !