Overclock my Elf

Search This thread

MCXSC

Oct 28, 2007
Germany
Hi guys,

I wanted to overclock my Elf, but I don't found an usefull tool. I've tested HomePlus (aka Battery Status), but there is no config - and I don't need any HomePlus (I used Onyx with M2D ;-)).

Is there an other good tool to overclock?

Have fun,
MCXSC

kedal

Jun 3, 2008
HOme plus for OMAP; There are config, tap Advanced..

Use Second Today Screen for have Manilla and Overclock on same time.

sercio

Dec 2, 2007
Berlin
I cant even Overclock my Elf at 221Mhz without getting serious problems!
There are people around saying they can OC more 312mhz but i dont believe them!

Lokosis

Dec 3, 2007
Huntsville, Ontario
After many attempts I can only overclock my Touch to 234Mhz without encountering any lockups. Good job to the rest of you, getting the better CPU's off the assembly line.

htedum

Oct 22, 2008
To all people having problems OC'ing, try a higher speed. My elfin crashed when I OC'd to 247. Now I've set it to 273, and it works fine. Weird. I've also turned off CPUScaler because it goes to 247 and some unstable frequencies sometimes.

It runs GREAT. Rock-solid, and beautifully smooth.

Edit: Stress-tested successfully by running a TCPMP benchmark on a full-length movie, leaving it two inches behind my laptop vent. I call it the 'Tropical stresstest'.

Last edited:

Lokosis

Dec 3, 2007
Huntsville, Ontario
htedum or anyone else overclocking past 250Mhz, I'm wondering doesn't it take a toll on battery life. I tend to read lots of books on my Touch and with the scaler on it throttles down to 143Mhz during page reading, and I find that helps keep the battery fresh since it not clocked high constantly.

How dramatically does the battery life get influenced with the Touch clocked so high?

lamtung

Mar 22, 2008
I think I don't have any problem with overclocking the Touch (BatteryStatus) when working on battery (it only crashes occasionally), but the Touch turns it self off completely or hangs quite often when I connect it to the PC. So in order to avoid the crash, I always have to remember to turn off the overclocking mode before plug it in my PC, which I usually don't, and then it crashed :mad:

Did anyone experience the same problem ? I'm about to give up the overclocking thing, even though I'm not really satisfied with the performance of the Touch.

ankushmulay

Mar 25, 2008
Safe overclocking speed.

Can anyone please help me in letting me know the safe overclocking speed for Elf.
Or is it that we have to just try new nos and check?

nmesisca

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2007
Dublin
I have my Touch overclocked to 624Mhz, and I have no problems at all. However my battery gets eatin up pretty fast at times. I found this file over at www.smartphonejunkie.com. Good stuff

a touch (elf) that overclocks from 201MHz to 624MHz is just plain BS!
max has always been 312MHz and not for everyone.
safe option is 234 or 247MHz.
I personally underclock at 87MHz and scale up to 260MHz when using GPS.

Sep 25, 2008
What about using OmapClock 0.2? I've been using this software quite a long time.. It did not giving me any problem. Normally,i'll clocked it to 260mhz. Stable and fast.. But this software has a bug is that the clock will gone once you switch your phone to sleep mode. When you turn it back on, it will go back to 201mhz. I've settle the problem by bundle with Memmaid software. Puting a shortcut in to memmaid's notification queue and it will continue to clock at 260mhz when the phone wake up. First, you have to create a shortcut by using notepad and wrote :

40#"\Program Files\OmapClock\OmapClock.exe" -clock 260

Save it to exactly "OmapClock.lnk" then put it into My Device/Windows/start menu, next using memmaid add a new entry to the notification queue pointing to the above shortcut and with the argument "AppRunAfterWakeUp". This makes the app run and set the higher freq everytime you switch back on your phone.
Will the phone still running at 260mhz when it sleeping? NO, don't ask this question again.

Cheer, MD.

gronostaj

Jun 24, 2008
What about using OmapClock 0.2? I've been using this software quite a long time.. It did not giving me any problem. Normally,i'll clocked it to 260mhz. Stable and fast.. But this software has a bug is that the clock will gone once you switch your phone to sleep mode. When you turn it back on, it will go back to 201mhz. I've settle the problem by bundle with Memmaid software. Puting a shortcut in to memmaid's notification queue and it will continue to clock at 260mhz when the phone wake up. First, you have to create a shortcut by using notepad and wrote :

40#"\Program Files\OmapClock\OmapClock.exe" -clock 260

Save it to exactly "OmapClock.lnk" then put it into My Device/Windows/start menu, next using memmaid add a new entry to the notification queue pointing to the above shortcut and with the argument "AppRunAfterWakeUp". This makes the app run and set the higher freq everytime you switch back on your phone.
Will the phone still running at 260mhz when it sleeping? NO, don't ask this question again.

Cheer, MD.
Try OmapClockPlus. It's OmapClock extension which fixes your problem.