Chrome ad blocker???

Search This thread

Geordie Affy

Oct 21, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
It's weird since my first note didn't have the problem of pop ups whenever I was browsing chrome but on my new Note 10.1 it happens a lot and getting a tad annoyed now, also had a xrated ad pop up luckily my nephews we're not around.

Is there a way to block ad pop ups on Chrome Android?? Via a add-on or some sort.

As I was typing this on Chrome an add on from "luvlinks" or some crap popped up

P.s. I have block add checked in the settings.

Last edited:

C2Q

Dec 10, 2011
It's weird since my first note didn't have the problem of pop ups whenever I was browsing chrome but on my new Note 10.1 it happens a lot and getting a tad annoyed now, also had a xrated ad pop up luckily my nephews we're not around.

Is there a way to block ad pop ups on Chrome Android?? Via a add-on or some sort.

Have you tried adblock plus? It's not in the play store anymore - gotta install it from their website, but it works quite well for me on Chrome, no ads anywhere.
Also no root needed.

mouse100

Sep 20, 2010
Have you tried adblock plus? It's not in the play store anymore - gotta install it from their website, but it works quite well for me on Chrome, no ads anywhere.
Also no root needed.

Does it work also with stock browser?
Are you sure root is not needed?

Samsung SM-P9005 - Tapatalk

C2Q

Dec 10, 2011

Not sure about stock browser, but I can tell you for sure that root isn't needed because I'm not rooted. It says so on their site too.
It has worked with some other browsers in my experience, but some of them are a hit and miss.

Reactions: mouse100

Geordie Affy

Oct 21, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Is it possible to block a site on Chrome?? Its litterally one spam website which always pops up regardless of having adblocker installed....if theres a way to juat block that site then I can finally browse XDA in peace. I dont get why it just happens on the XDA website - think i need to stop being stubborn and just use the XDA App lol.

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London

If you are rooted, use Adaway. I use it and don't get any pop ups or anything. Root is required, give it a try :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2190753

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Also no root needed.

Not sure about stock browser, but I can tell you for sure that root isn't needed because I'm not rooted. It says so on their site too.
    It has worked with some other browsers in my experience, but some of them are a hit and miss.

It works without root. You have to set up a proxy setting for each wireless network you connect to.