[Q] warranty with Samsung

Search This thread

2trainz

Mar 25, 2013
I'm about to send my phone off to Samsung to get something fixed and I was wondering how I can make sure that I still have my warranty on my rooted phone. I'm running the stock ROM ROOTED on my Canadian n900w8 with my Knox at 0x0 but my status at CUSTOM. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
I'm about to send my phone off to Samsung to get something fixed and I was wondering how I can make sure that I still have my warranty on my rooted phone. I'm running the stock ROM ROOTED on my Canadian n900w8 with my Knox at 0x0 but my status at CUSTOM. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If you reflash the stock rom with Odin and data factory reset after that the status should say official or try the factory reset first (may work or else reflash stock). Good luck ;)

2trainz

Mar 25, 2013
If you reflash the stock rom with Odin and data factory reset after that the status should say official or try the factory reset first (may work or else reflash stock). Good luck ;)

Could I just delete all my apps that need root, do a triangle away to change my status to official and remove root with SuperSU? Would that be the same thing ? I didn't flash any Roms before. Thanks a lot for the help!

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Could I just delete all my apps that need root, do a triangle away to change my status to official and remove root with SuperSU? Would that be the same thing ? I didn't flash any Roms before. Thanks a lot for the help!

Then do the triangle away and after that do a data factory reset in settings/backup and restore/data reset (backup files first).

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
I don't think the factory reset will help.

You can try the "Fake system status' in the Wanam Xposed.
If that doesn't help you should flash the stock firmware via Odin.