Sense 4.1 and + DEEP-SLEEP Wake-On-Vol FIX -- 12/9/12

Search This thread

Alex-V

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 26, 2008
:) :)

Credit: Zarboz
Nitsuj17: init.d script

You must already be on a ROM with this MOD in it, this does not add the Wake-on-vol MOD to the ROM, it just makes it work in deep-sleep now.
thanks to Nitsuj17 -- it now survives reboot.
just flash this in recovery:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26383143/HTC Incredible 4G/ViperLTE_2.1.1-volumewake.zip

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You have to do this on every reboot as haven't found a way to get it to stick yet.
  1. using something like root explorer
  2. go to sys/keyboard/vol_wakeup
  3. open using text editor
  4. change the 0 to 1
  5. save changes and exit, it'll say something about a back-up being made, but there isn't but that's ok. just open it again and make sure it's now 1, and you are good until you reboot the phone.
  6. Once reboot, just re-do steps 1-5.
------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to use this MOD without permission.

yeah...this work 100% on one x jb sense4+ rom...thx...searched for a solution to fix this sleep problem...big big thx :)

with kind regards

Reactions: andybones

jose51197

Jan 15, 2012
Cartago
You may want to know you cn do this at boot, contact me if you want to ill help

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using xda app-developers app

samecin

May 29, 2012
Windsor
Stock ROM

Do they work on Stock ROM

I Try on my Stock HTC ROM but it didn't work for me...Nothing happen when you press volume key...

Last edited:

MaartenXDA

Oct 2, 2012
Amsterdam
Guys, can someone upload a Fully stock android.policy.jar? I really need it to work on some mods and I can't download the whole ROM now.

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
This MOD works for all versions of Sense from when this issue started all the way up to the latest Sense 6.0.

It works for CM as well.

Reactions: azndan2

azndan2

Apr 24, 2010
Los Altos
This MOD works for all versions of Sense from when this issue started all the way up to the latest Sense 6.0.

It works for CM as well.

Looks like I spoke too soon. It stopped working. Any ideas? :good:

Edit: looks like the file in sys/keyboard changed back to 0. I'll try changing it to 1 and see if anything changes

Edit 2: yup, I changed it and now it works fine. Is there anyway to prevent the file from reverting?

Last edited:

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Looks like I spoke too soon. It stopped working. Any ideas? :good:

Edit: looks like the file in sys/keyboard changed back to 0. I'll try changing it to 1 and see if anything changes

Edit 2: yup, I changed it and now it works fine. Is there anyway to prevent the file from reverting?

Flash the attached file I made for you in recovery, this should survive the reboot now.

Attachments

• azndan2-444GPE-wakevol.zip
    142.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Reactions: azndan2

azndan2

Apr 24, 2010
Los Altos
Flash the attached file I made for you in recovery, this should survive the reboot now.

Thanks Andy! You are an asset to our community.:good:

Edit: This is so cool and convenient. I feel like I have a new phone.

Edit 2: Looks like it doesn't survive reboot. But everything is good if I manually change the value again. Any ideas? Could it be because I didn't flash the file in the OP? (I only flashed your vol wake on both keys zip + the one you made for me)

Edit 3: Ok. I flashed the file in the OP and now it sticks. Thanks!!:p

Edit 4: OK. The sys/keyboard change sticks now but sometimes vol wake fails/acts like it did before the fix. I am really confused -_--.

Edit 5: I reflashed the 3 zips in the following order: 1. OP, 2. both keys zip, 3. the zip you made for me. Sys/keyboard change sticks. Once the phone enters deep sleep, I have to press the volume key twice for it to wake. but, it works reliably. Vol wake was enabled through Gravitybox. Did I do anything wrong here?

Edit 6: Looks like it was a problem with gravitybox. I flashed an old Ecliptic6 wake on volume mod and now it works perfectly 100% of the time. Fingers crossed :p

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Credits: Andybones, Zarboz, Nitsuj17:init.d script

You must already be on a ROM with this MOD in it, this does not add the Wake-on-vol MOD to the ROM, it just makes it work in deep-sleep now.
    thanks to Nitsuj17 -- it now survives reboot.
    just flash this in recovery:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26383143/HTC Incredible 4G/ViperLTE_2.1.1-volumewake.zip

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You have to do this on every reboot as haven't found a way to get it to stick yet.
    1. using something like root explorer
    2. go to sys/keyboard/vol_wakeup
    3. open using text editor
    4. change the 0 to 1
    5. save changes and exit, it'll say something about a back-up being made, but there isn't but that's ok. just open it again and make sure it's now 1, and you are good until you reboot the phone.
    6. Once reboot, just re-do steps 1-5.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to use this MOD without permission.
    Please give credit though..
    here guys flash this in recovery for both keys for vol wake.
    let me know it works, please.
    it's noted twice thought. :confused:

the very first line in red after your Credits.
    and it's number 6 in the directions.
    what else do you suggest?

andy try this: http://d-h.st/KFf
    md5: 2e400400b2bf850099534f3bd15b0ee2

its a quick init.d script i put together

seemed to work on my inc4g on viperLTE...tried it a few times :)
    It's not that it's important its the fact it works for you and not me what aggravates me.

sent from my all powerful INC4G

user error :)
    haha j/k

I'm not too sure man, I just re-flashed completely stock and tried again tested a bunch of times, reboot, wake on vol doesn't work, do what's in the OP, I've now tested up to 10 mins and wake on vol still works.

ill keep posting longer updates, this could just be a fluke but I'll keep reporting.

update: it's been charging now for 30 minutes, came back and used vol keys, will report back again more once fully charged and let it sit for an hour or so.
    i see you noted but might want to make more clear

the mod will reset after rebooting your phone

it's noted twice thought. :confused:

the very first line in red after your Credits.
    and it's number 6 in the directions.
    what else do you suggest?