[Q] not enough words can describe my problem

Search This thread

nightinjail

Sep 30, 2012
i think im ****ed.. i would like opininos suggestions..im desperate right now lol sounds bad i know however
first :my power button does not seem to want to work anymore
secondly: i noticed there was a basband and firmware update and i downloaded mf1 and the modem
third: i went into my quick setings since my power buton is broken and clicked on recovery mode and clicked ok
fourth: i waited .. the little blue words appeared in the top left corner as usual, and then it says samsung galaxy s3 and hangs for a minute then shuts off and turns back on.. continuing the loop.

possiblly important infomation;

my battery level was only 24 percent and i think if i charge it up or try to get it to charge that it may work out

your probably wondering what i do when my phone dies ..

well i put it on the charger and it turns on and the charging screen pops up with the battery
then i unplug the phone and it boots up without me touching the power button .
any information will be apprciated thanks ahead of time
BTW the phone was purchased the first day it was released i think the warrenty is expired :p

Last edited:

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
i think im ****ed.. i would like opininos suggestions..im desperate right now lol sounds bad i know however
first :my power button does not seem to want to work anymore
secondly: i noticed there was a basband and firmware update and i downloaded mf1 and the modem
third: i went into my quick setings since my power buton is broken and clicked on recovery mode and clicked ok
fourth: i waited .. the little blue words appeared in the top left corner as usual, and then it says samsung galaxy s3 and hangs for a minute then shuts off and turns back on.. continuing the loop.

possiblly important infomation;

my battery level was only 24 percent and i think if i charge it up or try to get it to charge that it may work out

your probably wondering what i do when my phone dies ..

well i put it on the charger and it turns on and the charging screen pops up with the battery
then i unplug the phone and it boots up without me touching the power button .
any information will be apprciated thanks ahead of time
BTW the phone was purchased the first day it was released i think the warrenty is expired :p

The same power button issue happened to me a few weeks ago. I found a YouTube video of a guy who demonstrated slamming his phone on a table to fix it. Now I know what your thinking sounds stupid but it worked for me. Hold your phone so the side with the power button is flat on the table (this is how it needs to land). Then lift it and slam it down. I used a mouse pad to cushion the impact. Took like 20 tries but its been good ever since.

nightinjail

Sep 30, 2012
i forgot to mention.. i was planning on letting the phone completely die and then giving it some juice to see if that breaks the loop or sends it into normal boot mode i dont have the screw driver small enough to unscrew the back, if i did do you think holding the power button on the board will break the loop?

nightinjail

Sep 30, 2012
the same power button issue happened to me a few weeks ago. I found a youtube video of a guy who demonstrated slamming his phone on a table to fix it. Now i know what your thinking sounds stupid but it worked for me. Hold your phone so the side with the power button is flat on the table (this is how it needs to land). Then lift it and slam it down. I used a mouse pad to cushion the impact. Took like 20 tries but its been good ever since.

omfg .. You solved it .. It went straight into the recovery mode
thanks man!!!!!

nightinjail

Sep 30, 2012
OMFG THANKS MAN .. YOU REALLY.. JUST SAVED ME lol .. no idea how happy i am .. will post what i did incase someone else has this happen to them.

1. i panicked
2. banged the **** out of the side like instructed and was getting it into recovery mode ..
3. was trying to do a reboot system
3a. it froze and reset it self again forceing me to bang the hell out of it agian and agian
3b. more banging and more freezing
4. finally it let me reboot system and it turned on .. and now my power button seems to be working again

EPILOGUE: my basband and firmware are all out of date and would love to update them but seeing as how f-ed my galaxy is im afraid to even do that anyone have any suggestions? thanks freinds :D

may the force be with you

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
OMFG THANKS MAN .. YOU REALLY.. JUST SAVED ME lol .. no idea how happy i am .. will post what i did incase someone else has this happen to them.

1. i panicked
2. banged the **** out of the side like instructed and was getting it into recovery mode ..
3a. it froze and reset it self again forceing me to bang the hell out of it agian and agian
4. finally it let me reboot system and it turned on .. and now my power button seems to be working again

EPILOGUE: my basband and firmware are all out of date and would love to update them but seeing as how f-ed my galaxy is im afraid to even do that anyone have any suggestions? thanks freinds :D

Trust me I know the feeling. I had soft bricked my phone after I tried to downgrade from 4.3 (before the fix was found) right after I thought I found the solution my phone was doing the power loop. Scared the crap out of me.

Last edited:
Reactions: nightinjail

nightinjail

Sep 30, 2012
can i update my firmware and baseband with odin ? or do you reccommend me downloading clockwork mod and using that instead of teamwin ? i want slim kat .. seems alot better then this 4.1.3 bull**** lol .. althought the bone stock rom was very very very trusty.

my next question is should i instal the firmware first hen the modem then the rom i want ?

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
can i update my firmware and baseband with odin ? or do you reccommend me downloading clockwork mod and using that instead of teamwin ? i want slim kat .. seems alot better then this 4.1.3 bull**** lol .. althought the bone stock rom was very very very trusty.

my next question is should i instal the firmware first hen the modem then the rom i want ?

I personally like twrp more. yes you can update that stuff with odin i think there are links in the development section. As long as you do a factory reset and dalvik format you should beable to flash whatever you want now. It is recommended to be on at least 4.1.2 modem for ROMs. If you flash the 4.3 modem make sure it is only the modem and not the full firmware. You will be on a locked bootloader if you do.

Last edited:
Reactions: nightinjail

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois

I personally like twrp more. yes you can update that stuff with odin i think there are links in the development section. As long as you do a factory reset and dalvik format you should beable to flash whatever you want now. It is recommended to be on at least 4.1.2 modem for ROMs. If you flash the 4.3 modem make sure it is only the modem and not the full firmware. You will be on a locked bootloader if you do.

The basebands available to flash are zips flashable only through recovery. Have been for a while now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The basebands available to flash are zips flashable only through recovery. Have been for a while now.
    omfg .. You solved it .. It went straight into the recovery mode
    thanks man!!!!!

Awesome!
    but it frezzes !!! And goes back into the loop wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I said it took me a few tries I also remember putting a crappy thumdrive under the mouse pad to get more impact on the button. Not sure how hard I did it. Oh and take your battery out.

1. i panicked

Trust me I know the feeling. I had soft bricked my phone after I tried to downgrade from 4.3 (before the fix was found) right after I thought I found the solution my phone was doing the power loop. Scared the crap out of me.