One Max soft brick, need help

Search This thread

timflores07

Sep 4, 2012
I soft-bricked my ONE MAX after doing the update to Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat) yesterday.
It definitely turns on, but cant get past the htc one logo. Although, prior to that, screen goes green and pink.

Bootloader shows
*** TAMPERED***
*** RELOCKED***
T6UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-2.46.0000
RADIO-4T.21.3218.01
OpenDSP-v33.120.274_T6.0829
QSC-
OS-1.19.708.2
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Oct 5 2013, 16:14:06.0

FYI, my phone isn't rooted. Although I did try in the past, I've used one click root (Didn't work) and the SUPER TOOL from Kwongger (Also didnt work for me). So I relocked the boot loader, couple of weeks its fine, just after updating to kitkat yesterday when it started happening.

Since its not rooted, I believe that's one of the reasons its not letting me flash a ROM or recovery. It's just saying device not found when using Squabbis kit.

I really need help, please.

hellxprexx

Jul 20, 2010
Port Louis
Ok, You may follow these steps if your phone is an international version cause the rom in this post is for international version only. You may search the forum for a rom fitting your phone if it is not the international one but the procedures remain the same... ( Please note that my phone was not rooted too).

First of all

Last time I was facing the same problem. A special Thank to Pradeepvizz for his help.

So to install recovery, You need to unlock your bootloader AGAIN cause I also relocked my bootloader and getting the TAMPERED RELOCKED AND S ON. My phone freeze at boot on the HTC Screen.

1. Re - unlock your bootloader using the same unlock.bin file,( fyi, i've done it by htcdev.com), I think your adb and fastboot drivers working fine if you've been able to unlock before.
2. I follow the procedures of punk9 from - One Max Android Development > [Guide] S-OFF / Root.Your HTC One Max. to know how to install a recovery software using cmd prompt.
3. I've used TWRP as recovery (DON'T USE CWM, i'VE GOT MANY ISSUES WITH,and i was not the only one to get issues) downloaded from - One Max Original Android Development > [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.6.3.0 touch recovery posted by Flyhalf205.
4. I've downloaded and install a clean stock rom already rooted with original kernel which i downloaded from One Max Android Development > [ROM] HTC One MAX Stock ROM | ROOT | INTERNATIONAL | DEODEXED |1.54.401.1 posted by pradeepvizz.

5. After the rom successfully installed, reboot, (btw, it took more than 5mins to boot the first time for me, so if you find that it is screw at HTC Screen, be patient...)
After configuration (language setup, wifi connection, google account and so on), I've S-OFF my phone using firewater. PLEASE make sure your phone is connected to internet during the process. I've follow these step to S-OFF my phone: One Max General > Firewater S-OFF posted by pradeepvizz.

After, these procedures I've noticed, when booting in fastboot mode, that the TAMPERED STAMP and S-ON disappeared and change to UNLOCKED and S-OFF.

When I switch my phone on, I get the Red message (watermark) about the disclaimer and you may remove it by following this guide( I did not do it cause the red watermark does not matter to me) : One Max Android Development > ★ ☆ [MOD] Remove Red Text on Splash screen | hboot | Vzw/Spr/Int | 11-30-13 | ☆ ★ posted by santod040..

Althought I've unlocked my bootloader via htcdev, I've noticed that fingerprint sensor working fine but anyway you may search the forum to get the solution for this issue.

Hope It helps.

;)

timflores07

Sep 4, 2012
Ok, You may follow these steps if your phone is an international version cause the rom in this post is for international version only. You may search the forum for a rom fitting your phone if it is not the international one but the procedures remain the same... ( Please note that my phone was not rooted too).

First of all

Last time I was facing the same problem. A special Thank to Pradeepvizz for his help.

So to install recovery, You need to unlock your bootloader AGAIN cause I also relocked my bootloader and getting the TAMPERED RELOCKED AND S ON. My phone freeze at boot on the HTC Screen.

1. Re - unlock your bootloader using the same unlock.bin file,( fyi, i've done it by htcdev.com), I think your adb and fastboot drivers working fine if you've been able to unlock before.
2. I follow the procedures of punk9 from - One Max Android Development > [Guide] S-OFF / Root.Your HTC One Max. to know how to install a recovery software using cmd prompt.
3. I've used TWRP as recovery (DON'T USE CWM, i'VE GOT MANY ISSUES WITH,and i was not the only one to get issues) downloaded from - One Max Original Android Development > [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.6.3.0 touch recovery posted by Flyhalf205.
4. I've downloaded and install a clean stock rom already rooted with original kernel which i downloaded from One Max Android Development > [ROM] HTC One MAX Stock ROM | ROOT | INTERNATIONAL | DEODEXED |1.54.401.1 posted by pradeepvizz.

5. After the rom successfully installed, reboot, (btw, it took more than 5mins to boot the first time for me, so if you find that it is screw at HTC Screen, be patient...)
After configuration (language setup, wifi connection, google account and so on), I've S-OFF my phone using firewater. PLEASE make sure your phone is connected to internet during the process. I've follow these step to S-OFF my phone: One Max General > Firewater S-OFF posted by pradeepvizz.

After, these procedures I've noticed, when booting in fastboot mode, that the TAMPERED STAMP and S-ON disappeared and change to UNLOCKED and S-OFF.

When I switch my phone on, I get the Red message (watermark) about the disclaimer and you may remove it by following this guide( I did not do it cause the red watermark does not matter to me) : One Max Android Development > ★ ☆ [MOD] Remove Red Text on Splash screen | hboot | Vzw/Spr/Int | 11-30-13 | ☆ ★ posted by santod040..

Althought I've unlocked my bootloader via htcdev, I've noticed that fingerprint sensor working fine but anyway you may search the forum to get the solution for this issue.

Hope It helps.

;)

Super thanks for taking your time to reply to my post. I tried following this but it's not working. Only thing I can think of is because I was able to do a factory reset, so Im guessing maybe the usb debugging is/was disabled so its saying here that "Device not found". I cant unlock my bootloader anymore :eek:

andrdnl

May 12, 2013
Super thanks for taking your time to reply to my post. I tried following this but it's not working. Only thing I can think of is because I was able to do a factory reset, so Im guessing maybe the usb debugging is/was disabled so its saying here that "Device not found". I cant unlock my bootloader anymore :eek:

Impossible, it has to work.

Reactions: cx5

pradeepvizz

Dec 24, 2010
Dubai

You don't need USB debugging to unlock, make sure your phone shows fastboot USB mode and that should be shown on the phone. You probably are in HBOOT and that is why it says device not found.

hellxprexx

Jul 20, 2010
Port Louis

I'm guessing a problem about your cable or your connection, or adb drivers. Are all the items needed in same folder? in directory c:/ ?? Adb, fastboot drivers and unlock.bin should be in same folder. No need to enable usb debugging when unlocking. it will take place only when flashing the rom or recovery. Did you follow the procedures from htcdev??

I did not give the procedures of unlocking bootloader as htcdev procedures are clear. check your connection, re install adb and fast boot drivers. use another usb port on your pc.
It must work.
:eek:

Reactions: timflores07

neodiver

Jan 15, 2014
Long Island
I am curious to know how you are trying to install KitKat on a Sprint One Max as HTC has not yet released the update? :confused: If you are trying to use the release for the HTC One, that may be your problem. Rooting is fairly simple using HTCDev to unlock the bootloader, Use TWRP 2.6... and SuperSU 1.91. If you will need to be able to install a custom rom (none of which are available for Sprint yet), you will ultimately want S-Off. For this you will need to use the rumrunner tool as your One Max is using Hboot 2.46. Once you're S-Off you will be able to remove your tampered flag and re-lock which will once again enable your fingerprint scanner.

FYI if you were forced to factory reset, you will need to re-enable adb bugging in settings - developer options, AND disable fast boot in settings - power. Then start over from scratch.

Last edited:

timflores07

Sep 4, 2012
I'm guessing a problem about your cable or your connection, or adb drivers. Are all the items needed in same folder? in directory c:/ ?? Adb, fastboot drivers and unlock.bin should be in same folder. No need to enable usb debugging when unlocking. it will take place only when flashing the rom or recovery. Did you follow the procedures from htcdev??

I did not give the procedures of unlocking bootloader as htcdev procedures are clear. check your connection, re install adb and fast boot drivers. use another usb port on your pc.
It must work.

Bro, thanks I finally got it working. My girlfriend was actually the one who worked with it, followed your guide and other people's. Apparently, my htc drivers weren't updated thats why it wasnt working on my laptop. Again, thanks to the people that took their time to provide some help.

timflores07

Sep 4, 2012
I am curious to know how you are trying to install KitKat on a Sprint One Max as HTC has not yet released the update? :confused: If you are trying to use the release for the HTC One, that may be your problem. Rooting is fairly simple using HTCDev to unlock the bootloader, Use TWRP 2.6... and SuperSU 1.91. If you will need to be able to install a custom rom (none of which are available for Sprint yet), you will ultimately want S-Off. For this you will need to use the rumrunner tool as your One Max is using Hboot 2.46. Once you're S-Off you will be able to remove your tampered flag and re-lock which will once again enable your fingerprint scanner.

FYI if you were forced to factory reset, you will need to re-enable adb bugging in settings - developer options, AND disable fast boot in settings - power. Then start over from scratch.

I did it while checking for updates. Here's a screenie
1903050_10201513710549834_2113570560_n.jpg

Dj Tsunami

May 11, 2015
guys just pm me I know how to fix bricked phone Specially HTC one max....

guys just pm me I know how to fix bricked phone Specially HTC one max....

fcjarjar

Jul 5, 2010
BootLoad Freezes

Hello.
I'm sorry I don't speak English very well. I'm French.
I have a HTC One max of origin Stock (no hack)
Overnight my phone will not start.
So I started by "Volume -" + "On"
The bootload load.
But if I chosen any choice FASTBOOT / RECOVERY / FACTORY REST Etc ...
The phone freezes.
If I stay pressed the power button restarts (HTC Green Screen make WHITE) but after black screen.
Black on the screen my computer detects a device: QHSUSB_DLOAD
I found lots of tutorial but for phone S-OFF or UNLOCKED while my phone is:
T6UL PVT SHIP ON S-HR
HBOOT-2.49.0000
RADIO 4T.36.3218.06
OpenDSP-v33.120.274_T6.0829

I have no ADB is housed and no USB debugging mode when the phone was working.

Can you help me...? :angel:
thank you in advance

MegaVolt888

Nov 10, 2010
Hello guys.
I need help. My device (T6UL) is bricked. Windows detect it how HS-USB QDLoader 9008. To unbrick him, I need full eMMc dump (/dev/block/mmcblk0).
Anybody can do it?

Sorry for my English, i am from Russia.

Last edited:

dizzyblond

Aug 15, 2017
Hi all of a sudden after years of trouble free and non interfered with use just this morning my HTC One Max 803s will simply NOT switch on...it is fully charged and nothing that I do will get even a glimmer of life on the screen...the tiny green LED in the top left hand corner, which usually indicates a fully charged phone, is on permanently...I have taken out the SD card and SIM and replaced them as this was all that I could think of doing...HELP and HELP again...any ideas anyone???...thanx in advance for all your help...kind regards dizzy

Oct 12, 2009
Los Angeles
Hi all of a sudden after years of trouble free and non interfered with use just this morning my HTC One Max 803s will simply NOT switch on...it is fully charged and nothing that I do will get even a glimmer of life on the screen...the tiny green LED in the top left hand corner, which usually indicates a fully charged phone, is on permanently...I have taken out the SD card and SIM and replaced them as this was all that I could think of doing...HELP and HELP again...any ideas anyone???...thanx in advance for all your help...kind regards dizzy

Are you able to reboot into recovery mode via TWRP ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

First of all

Hope It helps.

;)

It must work.

It's good to see "CONFIDENCE". Makes people try harder and more careful to follow instructions.
    It's not confidence, it's based on some experince :D

Sent from my HTC One max using Tapatalk