[Q] Noob to Rooting with Questions

Search This thread

JohnWayneHero

May 24, 2014
First things first, i have successfully put Super User on my phone! Secoundly i want to thank all the hardworking geniuses that take the time out your day, to benefit the internet with you wisdom. with that said i have no clue what direction to go in after if got Super User on my phone. Now since i know we all love list im gonna make a short list of what i want to accomplish with rooting.

1. 1. Get clockwork Mod on the phone (i read its a must have)
  2. 2. Get my phone updated to the latest android OS (currently have FROYO 2.2.1)
  3. 3. Get a stable tethering app on my phone that wont get ATT all up in my ass

Now if i cant get a tethering app that doesnt use up my limited data plan, then **** it ill be happy with the first 2.

Now i would like to apologize if i have mistakenly placed this thread in the wrong area. (first post btw)

Thanks to all who reply with helpful hints and links!

Reactions: Fullmetal Jun

Fullmetal Jun

Sep 10, 2013
Camp Kidney
OnePlus Pad
First things first, i have successfully put Super User on my phone!
  2. 2. Get my phone updated to the latest android OS (currently have FROYO 2.2.1)

Now if i cant get a tethering app that doesnt use up my limited data plan, then **** it ill be happy with the first 2.

Download root checker app on Play Store to check if u really got root or any app needing root such as titanium backup!
Nevermind! Forget the above and do the following if you want latest stock gingerbread 2.3.6 version with root!
Download the zip with root! Doing the following will erase all your data! If u got root, use titanium backup to back up your data on external sd to restore them!
Is a must to have Samsung drivers installed on PC and you have a usb cable!!
Download mode: Pull off battery! Replace it and don't switch on. Hold both volume up and down continuously while connecting the usb cable to PC with phone still switched off! Follow the install procedure word by word and u should have GB 2.3.6 with root!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1705260

A custom recovery is not necessary if you won't flash any custom ROMs!
If you wanna flash custom ROMs afterwards, follow this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49141460#post49141460

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First things first, i have successfully put Super User on my phone! Secoundly i want to thank all the hardworking geniuses that take the time out your day, to benefit the internet with you wisdom. with that said i have no clue what direction to go in after if got Super User on my phone. Now since i know we all love list im gonna make a short list of what i want to accomplish with rooting.

Now i would like to apologize if i have mistakenly placed this thread in the wrong area. (first post btw)