[GUIDE] adb and fastboot drivers for Windows

Search This thread

shaftenberg

Jul 31, 2010
Cologne
If someone has problems installing the official Motorola adb and fastboot drivers for Windows, try the following, this works for me:

1. download the UniversalADB driver from @Koush here: https://github.com/koush/UniversalAdbDriver
2. install it
3. locate the file android_winusb.inf in the folder (may vary) x:\Program Files\ClockworkMod\Universal Adb Driver\usb_driver
4. open it with any texteditor
5. add the following two lines (somewhere in the devices section) and save the file:
Code:
MotorolaADBInterface	= USB_Install, USB\VID_22B8&PID_2E76&REV_0228&MI_01
MotorolaBootLoaderInterface	= USB_Install, USB\VID_22B8&PID_2E80&REV_0100
6. let Windows install this driver from koush's directory once in adb mode and once in fastboot mode (two drivers!)
7. enjoy!

t-bon3

May 16, 2010
Is the phone recognized by RSD Lite in fastboot mode with these drivers?

I have the Motorola drivers, using Windows 7 SP1 32-bit.
With USB debugging enabled I get a "Mot Composite ADB Interface" device in device manager (Driver Version 2.0.1.0).

The phone can be seen by 'adb devices' and in fastboot by 'fastboot devices' however using RSD lite 6.1.5 no device appears.

rsdlite.png

shaftenberg

Jul 31, 2010
Cologne
The phone can be seen by 'adb devices' and in fastboot by 'fastboot devices' however using RSD lite 6.1.5 no device appears.

Got the same with the universal ADB/fastboot drivers :( damn.

[edit]
The MotoG PID is missing in PST.ini and/or sdk_common.ini, maybe we have to add it manually or wait for a new RSDlite :)

Last edited:

thefsb

Feb 17, 2014
I do not understand this instruction:

let Windows install this driver from koush's directory

Windows doesn't attempt to do anything when I connect the phone in ADB mode. Device Manager lists XT1034 under Other devices and says "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)". If I do "Update Driver Software" manually and direct it to the "ClockworkMod" directory, Windows says it cannot find driver software for the device. If I right click on the "android_winusb.inf" file and choose Install, Windows says the "file doesn't support this method of installation".

Gronnd

Nov 22, 2013
adb devices does't see my moto g

fastboot devices yes, but adb devices only says List of devices attached.

Any help will be appreciated

Reactions: aravindvnair99

derekokelly

Mar 26, 2014
I've tried this and when I try to install it, it says "The INF file you selected does not support this method of installation." What do I do?

Attachments

• 0a15e43018bbe796e751ddd15a410aff.png
    0a15e43018bbe796e751ddd15a410aff.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 816

nishant30

Jun 12, 2012
jabalpur
Didnt work for my moto g

sir, i am really new at this backup thing.
i just want to backup my injustice save game, so that i can restore it to previous point if something goes wrong.
i downloaded latest version on universaladbdriver but still my laptop didnt recognised my MOTO G.
i want to use HELIUM/CARBON for backup and i cant proceed till this problem is removed
please help me, i am new to xda as well.
THANKS

my os is win7 32 bit

ihk

Apr 11, 2013
hey

same problem i cant install adb or motorola drivers in my pc windows 7 64bit. the links with drives dont work for me..any solution? i want to unlock my bootloaderrrrrrrrrrrr :silly::silly::silly: (when i start to install the adb drivers stuck )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDA8PpPSFuk here i found solution for me i hope u help guyz(turn the music off :D :D )

Last edited:
Reactions: pmerced

simosimi

Jul 5, 2013
Rome
Same problem here :eek: how do you solved this issue? wand to flash stock via rsd lite but he doesnt recognize my phone..

To solve this when u are in ADB go in device manager, find ur phone with yellow exclamation mark ( !), right click, insta driver-> manual-> android single sooner ADB interface! It will work like a charm!

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app

sclarckone

Apr 24, 2015
I had a similar problem on W7 x64, no driver available for my phone (Moto G LTE, XT1039) even with the Universal ADB driver from CWM and the two lines of the first post added in the INF file.

But, you can notice that all Motorola phones in the android_winusb.inf file refer to the same driver : MotCompositeInterface.

So I went to the Device Manager, found my phone, chose to Update the driver, Find a driver from my computer, Choose from List (sorry if the names are not accurate, my Windows version isn't in English).
Then, you can select ClockworkMod, scroll down to Mot Composite ADB Interface and choose it as your driver.

It worked for me (both in adb and fastboot mode), I was able to unlock my bootloader and flash a recovery using it.

Hope this helps !

pasqu4le

Feb 14, 2015
Hi, I tried all the solutions in this post unsuccessfully, but I found one here: stackoverflow.com/questions/22217792/android-moto-g-mobile-doesnt-show-in-the-devices-list-of-eclipse
that is the simplest and the only one that worked for me.

Download 'Adb Driver Installer' from here adbdriver.com/downloads/
after this connect your Moto G and start the AdbDriverInstaller.exe it will list your device and then press install.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If someone has problems installing the official Motorola adb and fastboot drivers for Windows, try the following, this works for me:

1. download the UniversalADB driver from @Koush here: https://github.com/koush/UniversalAdbDriver
    2. install it
    3. locate the file android_winusb.inf in the folder (may vary) x:\Program Files\ClockworkMod\Universal Adb Driver\usb_driver
    4. open it with any texteditor
    5. add the following two lines (somewhere in the devices section) and save the file:
    Code:
    MotorolaADBInterface	= USB_Install, USB\VID_22B8&PID_2E76&REV_0228&MI_01
    MotorolaBootLoaderInterface	= USB_Install, USB\VID_22B8&PID_2E80&REV_0100
    6. let Windows install this driver from koush's directory once in adb mode and once in fastboot mode (two drivers!)
    7. enjoy!
    The latest update of UniversalAdbDriver does not require those lines to be added. Moto G device configuration is added by default

Tested in win7 64bit.
    adb devices does't see my moto g

fastboot devices yes, but adb devices only says List of devices attached.

Any help will be appreciated
    hey

same problem i cant install adb or motorola drivers in my pc windows 7 64bit. the links with drives dont work for me..any solution? i want to unlock my bootloaderrrrrrrrrrrr :silly::silly::silly: (when i start to install the adb drivers stuck )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDA8PpPSFuk here i found solution for me i hope u help guyz(turn the music off :D :D )