eng hboot

I ended up flashing it a bit differently, I made a PL83IMG.zip and did

Code:
 fastboot oem rebootRUU

then

Code:
 fastboot flash zip PL83IMG.zip

and it worked beautifully :good::laugh:

So this eng hboot can be flashed to my Verizon DNA that I just got back from mobile Tech they S-OFFed it for me.
I just want to make sure it will be fine to replace my stock locked hboot with this one thanks

Argumentation

Feb 21, 2012
Washinton, DC
So this eng hboot can be flashed to my Verizon DNA that I just got back from mobile Tech they S-OFFed it for me.
I just want to make sure it will be fine to replace my stock locked hboot with this one thanks

Yes, if it's S-OFF, just follow the directions and you should be good. If you need any help, just ask and I'll sort you out. :good:

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
Yes, if it's S-OFF, just follow the directions and you should be good. If you need any help, just ask and I'll sort you out. :good:

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Just be aware of the dangers of having the eng-hboot vs the stock ship-hboot (you flash something to the wrong partition and its all over, because the eng-hboot doesnt do a safety check)

Reactions: paulhoop

djwishbone

Jan 24, 2007
When you say you made a "PL83IMG.zip". Does that mean you just renamed the file from the first post or is there something involved with putting together that zip?

Argumentation

Feb 21, 2012
Washinton, DC
When you say you made a "PL83IMG.zip". Does that mean you just renamed the file from the first post or is there something involved with putting together that zip?

DL the file attached in my post, or make one using WinRAR or the like. One note if you make it yourself though, set your program to no compression, HBOOT doesn't handle compression too well. :good:

Last edited:

badfishie

Feb 3, 2011
Sacramento
is there an easy way to get rid of the red warning text on my DNA? I am S-off and eng hboot...custom rom, splash screen and boot up/down animations...just want to try and get rid of the annoying red text...lol

kozmikkick

Nov 26, 2010
Seattle, WA
Tested on HTC one. Works except internal sdcard is no longer mountable in recovery. Will do some more tests another day. Seems partition map may be slightly different for m7 than the ship hboot

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

2vn3rx4.jpg

Last edited:

jacktackle

Jan 28, 2009
London
No prob, glad I could help.

hi my friend, this kinda attract me.
i'm s-off with facepalm method.
but my bootloader is showing 'tempered'
if i flash this Eng-Hboot, do you think the tempered will be vanished?

also, can we undo this? if so please divert to the forum.

another question. Eng. Hboot will not look if the rom is compatible or not, it will flash it any ways. what will happen if i flash a Butterfly rom on droid dna? i don't care for the 4G but will it take it? :) tell me yes pls pls :p

thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts