Finally T-Mobile Htc One on MetroPCS

Search This thread

Powermann2020

Jan 29, 2014
That's Correct, Tmobile htc one phone with a GSM Metropcs sim card.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hi. I bought a HTC one unlocked and i now have a Metro PCs sim in it. The gsm is working great except that inside my home i have poor reception. I would like to enable wifi calling on the phone but that feature/setting is missing. I did some searches and most posts say that it cannot be done unless the phone is bought from tmobile. Is this 100% true or is there a work around? I would love you help on this.

MGR

gamer765

Jan 14, 2009
You need to be on an official T-Mobile ROM or a custom ROM that has T-Mobile Wi-Fi calling built in. Insertcoin and ARHD have it in their 4.3 JB custom ROMs.

Powermann2020

Jan 29, 2014
Custom ROM

You need to be on an official T-Mobile ROM or a custom ROM that has T-Mobile Wi-Fi calling built in. Insertcoin and ARHD have it in their 4.3 JB custom ROMs.

Thanks much. Do you know how I can obtain those custom ROMs and how install/replace the ROM currently on the phone. I am new to this. Thanks in advance.

MGR

gamer765

Jan 14, 2009
Thanks much. Do you know how I can obtain those custom ROMs and how install/replace the ROM currently on the phone. I am new to this. Thanks in advance.

MGR
I'm not sure if those custom ROMs are available anymore since kit Kat has been available and everyone has updated to that on the international HTC One forums. Perhaps someone here can post it if they have it. Your other choice is to use the T-Mobile 4.3 RUU, but you need to be S-OFF and SuperCID to convert your One to a T-Mobile One (minus the AWS bands).

I was wrong, I normally browse the HTC One international forums and failed to browse this forum, but here's a 4.3 T-Mobile ROM with WiFi calling.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2499452

Last edited:

Powermann2020

Jan 29, 2014
I'm not sure if those custom ROMs are available anymore since kit Kat has been available and everyone has updated to that on the international HTC One forums. Perhaps someone here can post it if they have it. Your other choice is to use the T-Mobile 4.3 RUU, but you need to be S-OFF and SuperCID to convert your One to a T-Mobile One (minus the AWS bands).

I was wrong, I normally browse the HTC One international forums and failed to browse this forum, but here's a 4.3 T-Mobile ROM with WiFi calling.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2499452

Thanks for the reply. I have locate the tmoblile ROM and downloaded it. I will try to do the work on the phone this weekend! Wish me luck. My technical background is with networking equipment...not phones! Google will be my best friend this weekend.
Just a question are ..there any custom ROMs that have been built with Kit Kat that support wifi calling that can be loaded unto the phone? I figure if I am going to "mess" with the phone may as well get the latest. Please let me know what you think?

MGR

gamer765

Jan 14, 2009
Thanks for the reply. I have locate the tmoblile ROM and downloaded it. I will try to do the work on the phone this weekend! Wish me luck. My technical background is with networking equipment...not phones! Google will be my best friend this weekend.
Just a question are ..there any custom ROMs that have been built with Kit Kat that support wifi calling that can be loaded unto the phone? I figure if I am going to "mess" with the phone may as well get the latest. Please let me know what you think?

MGR
T-Mobile has not released a Kit Kat based Sense ROM for the HTC One, so no WiFi calling yet on Kit Kat.

nixvaldez

Apr 26, 2011
Yes as soon as tmobile officially release the Kitkat and the dev on here work on it. Unless they removed it on kitkat.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Powermann2020

Jan 29, 2014
Firmware and Radio issues

Hi. Thanks for all your help thus far and I am really sorry for being a bother but I have one final question. I have done all the prerequisites for the ROM install. I am rooted, S-Off, SuperCID and everything else. I did one final check and I realized that my firmware and radio software is later than the one listed in the ROM. Can I still go ahead and do the update or will this cause a problem? I would love your advice on how to proceed.

MGR

gamer765

Jan 14, 2009
Hi. Thanks for all your help thus far and I am really sorry for being a bother but I have one final question. I have done all the prerequisites for the ROM install. I am rooted, S-Off, SuperCID and everything else. I did one final check and I realized that my firmware and radio software is later than the one listed in the ROM. Can I still go ahead and do the update or will this cause a problem? I would love your advice on how to proceed.

MGR
Usually firmware and radio are optional, so the ROM should work even if you leave the firmware/radio alone.

Powermann2020

Jan 29, 2014
Usually firmware and radio are optional, so the ROM should work even if you leave the firmware/radio alone.

Thanks much. I did it and now I have WIFI calling! I am using the T-Mobile ROM. When the Kit Kit ROM with wifi calling comes out I will upgrade to that one. It has been great working with you. Thanks a million...this forum is GREAT.

astrosfan94

Dec 11, 2010
Joyn App

Doesn't Work, I even installed Metropcs Joyn and it says device not supported yet.

Hello, was this app installed at the MetroPCS store?

The reason I asked is because I just spoke with a metropcs rep, and he took his time to find the answer, but he said that if I bring my unlocked (non-t-mobile) phone to a store, they would add wifi calling even to an unlocked phone (mine is a nexus 4 with LTE enabled).

Thanks!

Powermann2020

Jan 29, 2014
Hello, was this app installed at the MetroPCS store?

The reason I asked is because I just spoke with a metropcs rep, and he took his time to find the answer, but he said that if I bring my unlocked (non-t-mobile) phone to a store, they would add wifi calling even to an unlocked phone (mine is a nexus 4 with LTE enabled).

Thanks!

Hi. This was not an app. I had to flash the ROM to the tmobile ROM to get the feature. I followed the instructions on this forum.

MGR

Frisco49erz

May 10, 2011
International Version

I finally got my T-Mobile htc one on MetroPCS on $60.00 a month account with Taxes and fees included on the same payment, I'm now saving $15.00 and I'm on T-Mobile network but on MetroPCS payment plans ;) everything working Voice over Gsm, 4g over UMTS HSPS+, 4G LTE. With great data speeds.
But there's one flaw!!! WIFI CALLING IS NOT WORKING...
Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

Hi my name is luis. I just purchased an HTC One 64Gb International Version and I was wondering how i can do this and achieve the awesome speeds you posted? To my understanding you have Metro PCS service but T-Mobile Data speeds correct? Do i just take into a store and ask them to connect it to their GSM Network? Please help me with this I would greatly appreciate it :eek:

ROMVS

Jun 20, 2012
You do the same thing the other guy did.

Bump

Sent from my SCH-R530M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hi my name is luis. I just purchased an HTC One 64Gb International Version and I was wondering how i can do this and achieve the awesome speeds you posted? To my understanding you have Metro PCS service but T-Mobile Data speeds correct? Do i just take into a store and ask them to connect it to their GSM Network? Please help me with this I would greatly appreciate it :eek:

From what the other guy said, you would have to install a t-mobile rom then ask them to activate it on Metro PCS.

Frisco49erz

May 10, 2011
Thanks for the reply I truly appreciate it. I've been doing a lot of reading and searching forums and to my understanding the 64 Gigabyte developer version does not support the Bands required for T Mobile LTE speeds. I am being told I need to purchase an actual T Mobile version of HTC One and use it with my metropcs SIM card. Is there any way you can verify this for me?, if this is the case I would have to send this one back and purchase a 32 gig T Mobile branded version of the phone correct? Once again thank you for your reply it's much appreciated

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I finally got my T-Mobile htc one on MetroPCS on $60.00 a month account with Taxes and fees included on the same payment, I'm now saving $15.00 and I'm on T-Mobile network but on MetroPCS payment plans ;) everything working Voice over Gsm, 4g over UMTS HSPS+, 4G LTE. With great data speeds.
    But there's one flaw!!! WIFI CALLING IS NOT WORKING...
    Sent from my HTC One using xda premium
    Is the 4gLTE speed the same as T-Mobile?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Yes they are because phone is on there Gsm, UMTS, and LTE network.

Oh wow. LTE, wifi calling, unlimited data. For $60? That's an awesome deal!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Yes it is, and taxes include ;)