How to add an exception to Task Manager?

Search This thread

blarrick

Jun 26, 2011
North Hollywood
Is it possible to add exceptions to Task Manager? You know, the one that comes preinstalled on the phone. I have Juice Defender and I keep accidentally closing it, I'd like to add an exception to Task Manager to not even have JD show up, there have been a few apps I just didn't even bother installing because it says to add an exception to your Task Killer and I'm pretty sure you can't do that.

rdhalla

Mar 1, 2012
android world
solution ?

Have you found a solution to this problem yet? I also have the same problem. Every time I want to kill an application the manager would kill everything. It would be great if there was a way to add exception. Solution would be to use a third party application. But I don't want to do it. WhenI was on stock rom. I had few maps that would always run. Now they get killed too. Widget locker. What's app. Gtalk

Any solution ?

kvswim

Mar 25, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
Hmm. Maybe use Loopy Smoothness to keep apps locked in memory? The TM might kill it but it would come right back.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Have you found a solution to this problem yet? I also have the same problem. Every time I want to kill an application the manager would kill everything. It would be great if there was a way to add exception. Solution would be to use a third party application. But I don't want to do it. WhenI was on stock rom. I had few maps that would always run. Now they get killed too. Widget locker. What's app. Gtalk

Any solution ?

There is no exception list for stock task manger. If you have Go launcer EX, you can add app exception to "lock app" list and you can use Go launcher to kill apps, except for the one in your white list. This is why 'Go launcher" is the best launcher.

cnoevl21

Feb 26, 2010
OnePlus 8T
The stock task manager is crap! get a better one from the market. I use ES task manager. Also I used to use juicedefender but I stopped cuz it isnt that great. I now use Antutu's Battery Saver which is a million times better.

rdhalla

Mar 1, 2012
android world
There is no exception list for stock task manger. If you have Go launcer EX, you can add app exception to "lock app" list and you can use Go launcher to kill apps, except for the one in your white list. This is why 'Go launcher" is the best launcher.

Yes I have go launcher ex. Thank you for the advice :) ill use the lock feature.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium