[Q] changing modem xperia z1

Search This thread

Makaze33

Feb 6, 2014
hi, i have a z1 branded by h3g (italy) but i unbranded it to receive the newest builds; the problem is that the stock rom modified by the operator had a different modem to function better with their signal (i know this beacause other people with other phones had the same problem but, for example, they solved it flashing the modem via odin in case of a galaxy) and now, with the unbranded modem, the signal is really weak.
i have a backup of the stock ftf and can i flash just the baseband (i think that the modem is the baseband [?])? i just tried it via flashtool but it seems it didn't work... thanks to all and sorry for my english :silly: :fingers-crossed:

Robbie_C

Mar 9, 2014
hi, i have a z1 branded by h3g (italy) but i unbranded it to receive the newest builds; the problem is that the stock rom modified by the operator had a different modem to function better with their signal (i know this beacause other people with other phones had the same problem but, for example, they solved it flashing the modem via odin in case of a galaxy) and now, with the unbranded modem, the signal is really weak.
i have a backup of the stock ftf and can i flash just the baseband (i think that the modem is the baseband [?])? i just tried it via flashtool but it seems it didn't work... thanks to all and sorry for my english :silly: :fingers-crossed:

I think i may have a similar issue here. I'm not totally sure of the process here but I think you'll need to install a compatible baseband.
My phone signal is a million times worse than the stock rom so let me know if you manage to figure this out. :)

Makaze33

Feb 6, 2014
I think i may have a similar issue here. I'm not totally sure of the process here but I think you'll need to install a compatible baseband.
My phone signal is a million times worse than the stock rom so let me know if you manage to figure this out. :)
i tried this with a older version of the baseband took from the stock ftf and whiteout wipe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFbcjV6FsU8
but after the baseband version was still the same of the updated build

Last edited: