[Q]any default applications and wifi settings are not persistent after kitkat update

Search This thread

oglop

Dec 30, 2008
hi all do you have any problems after the update ? after 2 months ... can't bear it any more. day 1 since the kitkat update, the settings are not persistant, every time i click on a link, the choose default browser dialog pops update, even if i choose chrome as default one.it happens on all the apps, no apps can store settings now, after reboot , the settings are gone. ( is this because the app developer has to update it to make it work on kitkat ?)

and wifi settings are not remembered after the update. each time i reboot, i have to readd my company wifi to it ( the wifi i added before kk update is persistant though ).

is this related to the "no more write permission to sdcard"? and rooting is the only choice ?

i'm on NB1 firmware ... ( seems the Universal Root de la Vega v0.5 doesn't support(without tripping knox) this version ...)

oglop

Dec 30, 2008
hi all do you have any problems after the update ? after 2 months ... can't bear it any more. day 1 since the kitkat update, the settings are not persistant, every time i click on a link, the choose default browser dialog pops update, even if i choose chrome as default one.it happens on all the apps, no apps can store settings now, after reboot , the settings are gone. ( is this because the app developer has to update it to make it work on kitkat ?)

and wifi settings are not remembered after the update. each time i reboot, i have to readd my company wifi to it ( the wifi i added before kk update is persistant though ).

is this related to the "no more write permission to sdcard"? and rooting is the only choice ?

i'm on NB1 firmware ... ( seems the Universal Root de la Vega v0.5 doesn't support(without tripping knox) this version ...)

found out why ... after uninstall the crap app TAOBAO, it's working now .... ( even the default media player is working, all the default applications are working, previously, none of them works, the choose default app dialog pops up whatever i do.)

oglop

Dec 30, 2008
the way i found that app TAOBAO is the culprit is i installed "Default App Manager" from google store, and trying to use it to set default apps, but it's not working either. though it shows TAOBAO as one of the "open with browser default settings" app.