[Q] Reverting to stock

Search This thread
I've been running non-stock firmwares (Cyanogenmod etc), but now I want to revert to stock. First I tried using PC companion, but it said something about my phone running modified software and did not want to have anything with it to do.

Then I installed what was supposed to be a "stock" FTF via Flashtool. Got what seems to be a stock rom, but I notice that the "software updates" app does not find anyting. None of those updates to walkman, album etc.

Tried PC companion again now that I was running "stock" firmware, but it still says I'm running modified software. Any takers on how to revert to a clean stock?

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
I've been running non-stock firmwares (Cyanogenmod etc), but now I want to revert to stock. First I tried using PC companion, but it said something about my phone running modified software and did not want to have anything with it to do.

Then I installed what was supposed to be a "stock" FTF via Flashtool. Got what seems to be a stock rom, but I notice that the "software updates" app does not find anyting. None of those updates to walkman, album etc.

Tried PC companion again now that I was running "stock" firmware, but it still says I'm running modified software. Any takers on how to revert to a clean stock?

Please goto
settings/about phone
and then tell me what it says in the kernel

If you have flashed a FTF you will be on stock because FTF means stock, there is no such thing as a Non-Stock FTF
However, your bootloader will still be unlocked so you shoule not accept OTA updates and PCCompanion will not work.

In order to use PCCompanion you should restore your TA backup (This will relock your bootloader) and then PCComapanion will work

Please goto
settings/about phone
and then tell me what it says in the kernel

3.4.0-perf-g6f5f40
BuildUser@BuildHost#1
Thr Mar 20 14:02:18 2014

In order to use PCCompanion you should restore your TA backup (This will relock your bootloader) and then PCComapanion will work

What TA backup? I followed the instructions at http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/
Can't remember anything about a TA backup.

I did however perform a BLU "lock" with FlashTool, and it now says my bootloader is locked.

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
3.4.0-perf-g6f5f40
BuildUser@BuildHost#1
Thr Mar 20 14:02:18 2014
That's a stock kernel
D'oh! Its written all over the XDA guides about unlocking the bootloader.
I followed the instructions at http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/
Can't remember anything about a TA backup.
It wont, as this is a XDA development, Sony's official position is that once you unlock you cannot relock officially
I did however perform a BLU "lock" with FlashTool, and it now says my bootloader is locked.

That's not an official relock, there is no official relock, that was said on the official website
However, all over the XDA forums you are advised to make a TA backup before unlocking the bootloader, without pccompanion will never work for you.
You may as well leave your bootloader unlocked for ever..

Now.

If you want the latest stock firmware, just flash a FTF ending in 757 that is suitable for your phone

You will be on the latest release and this is how you will have to update from now on.

You should be aware of this from this page which is the official Sony warning about unlocking the bootloader.