[APPS] Must Have Apps for Nexus 10

Search This thread

xperiax10.awesome

Nov 20, 2010
Singapore
#1 GMD Gesture control. I'm surprised this app hasn't been mentioned. Does the Nova launcher premium upgrade bring the same multi-touch gesture fu. tionality? For me this is the essence of a tablet..... do about everything with various sreen taps/swipes. iOS figured this out but GMD does it better.

Distant second, third, fourth, etc.

Solid Explorer: Great file manager.

Titanium Backup: Very useful, especially with constant ROM changes or updates.

QuickOffice: Best office app I've come across. I hope they're as dedicated to the android version as they are to iOS, cause it's by far the best on that platform.

Apps I want:

PDF readers. I've purchased everything and they need LOTS of improvement. Rendering speed, full text library searching, large or full page thumbnail previews. It's all missing.

Better google reader apps. I spend multiple hours with Google reader every day and nothing even comes close to Reeder on iOS (even other iOS apps). Freely and gReader are OK, but I'd really like something better.

Note taking apps: Vector drawing, ever note sync, magnified writing input. haven't found that yet.

Sorry if I sound critical. I love android and hope the market will mature, but some of the basic functionality that you can find on iOS is sorely lacking. I hate Apple, but they've attracted some top-notch developers in their app store. i'd happily pay 5x the price to have some of those apps on android cause it's such a superior platform (for my needs at least).

You tried ezPdf reader?
For notes try SuperNote from Asus (updated version)
Or papyrus, lecture notes, etc.

sent from Giant Killer Galaxy Note 2

Komodo Rogue

Oct 30, 2010
DC
xperiax10.awesome: thank you for your apps, they seem great for the N10 :) supernote came with my transformer prime and I remember it was pretty great, but it's not on the play store. I don't mean to offend you, but I have to ask everyone:

does anyone know xperiax10.awesome? I'm reticent to install his apps, because they could easily be malware. I looked around the site that hosts the apps, 4shared, and it's full of obvious warez/malware (an example: "GTA 4" one of the hottest .apks, but gta 4 doesn't exist for android, and if it did, the file size wouldn't be 100kb). Even if the apps work, that doesn't mean they aren't "touch-logging," collecting private info, etc.

I see xperiax10.awesome has lots of Thanks on XDA, but if your goal is to try to gets thanks, it's easy to accomplish.

My apologies, xperiax10.awesome, if you're just innocently sharing hard to find apps, but it seems possible that you're linking malware. Can anyone match the md5 sums if you have a device that runs the non-market apps? Until this question is answered, be careful what you install, this isn't open source, no md5, and the website is sketchy. Android/tech noobs, unless this is resolved, stick to the apps with market links ONLY!

xperiax10.awesome

Nov 20, 2010
Singapore
@ Komodo Rogue
I am not sure whats the purpose of your above post but I have never shared any unauthorised app/games etc !!
If you will check my 4shared profile with EYES open you can see there is no paid apps !!
m not sure wat GTA 4 you are talking about.

Komodo Rogue

Oct 30, 2010
DC
@ Komodo Rogue
I am not sure whats the purpose of your above post but I have never shared any unauthorised app/games etc !!
If you will check my 4shared profile with EYES open you can see there is no paid apps !!
m not sure wat GTA 4 you are talking about.

GTA 4 wasn't from you, but it was on 4 shared, which some people clearly use to distribute malware. My point is to 1) warn people that you could- not are, could - be linking malware, and 2) ask others to verify that you're not stealing credit card numbers, login info, or something like that. There are thousands of malware programs, you can't just install anything and assume it will be okay.

I'm not saying you're distributing malware. I'm saying you could be, and we should all find out before installing. Hopefully you aren't, and when I know for sure, I'll be very thankful for your collection :)

Royal2000H

Apr 12, 2010
Don't feel bad about questioning, Komodo. It's always good to question and verify security! So I hope you weren't offended by this, xperieax10, as it is a legitimate concern.

I have not checked his downloads, so unfortunately I cannot attest to the safety of the apps he's posted. It is fairly easy to repackage malware into apps, as you've said. If someone has the time they can compare the hashes of the posted files with known originals. Or they can disassemble the apks and look for anything suspicious. Unfortunately I've been very busy so I don't have the time to disassemble the apks. That being said, the availability of malware on 4shared is out of his control and should not be used alone to judge his credibility. You can find both legitimate and malicious files on mediafire, Dropbox, megaupload (in the past), etc. 4shared is just another file host.

xperiax10.awesome

Nov 20, 2010
Singapore
Hi guys,
I was looking for an app to rename multiple files (as I downloaded many .mp files on my mobile through website and their names were like: music1-WEBSITE.COM.mps, music2-WEBSITE.COM.mp3, etc) I wanted to remove all the -WEBSITE.COM from my directory using mobile itself.
I downloaded an app called: FILE TOOLS - using it you can simply rename the files in one go :)

Also to add if you are looking for missing cover arts, try this - COVER ART DOWNLOADER

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Is there a media player that supports samba shares yet? I know ES Explorer has a very minimalistic media player I can use over the network but I'd like something a bit more intuitive w/ an EQ and such. I can do what I want with XBMC also but that thing is a bear on resources and will suck your battery dry in no time. I haven't seen much of anything either for a working cifsmanager either

rauschkugl

Dec 23, 2009
AW: [APPS] Must Have Apps for Nexus 10

Have a look at BubbleUPnP. Don't know if this is exactly what your looking for though.

bigdog2k7

Jan 3, 2013
Michigan
GTA 4 wasn't from you, but it was on 4 shared, which some people clearly use to distribute malware. My point is to 1) warn people that you could- not are, could - be linking malware, and 2) ask others to verify that you're not stealing credit card numbers, login info, or something like that. There are thousands of malware programs, you can't just install anything and assume it will be okay.

I'm not saying you're distributing malware. I'm saying you could be, and we should all find out before installing. Hopefully you aren't, and when I know for sure, I'll be very thankful for your collection :)

Just search for his app suggestions through the play store.

Jeevez

Dec 3, 2010
Do I need an account to download from 4share? Can't seem to download the supernote apk. mirror? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
I'm fairly sure that's the reason it's on Android... They bought it back when it was popular on iOS if I recall correctly.

Sent from my GT-N7100

Interesting.. They did a silent `business as usual' buyout then.. I love their Photoshop filters... One of the only sets I actually own as it's one of the few filter sets that doesn't feel like it was written by a 12 year old.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,
    Want to share the BEST ANDROID TABLET OPTIMISED APPS, all apps listed will be thoroughly tested and verified on android tablets.
    Most of them are fully optimised, to make this list grow - help to share the Best Tablet optimised apps here, I will add them in the list.

This is just and apk for the blog I have written so please don't expect much !! :)
    Just go though the list and keep reporting latest available apps so that everyone will be up to date.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

PLEASE SUGGEST APPS WHICH CAN BE ADDED TO THE LIST, THANKS!!

==========================================================

Hi guys,
    I got my Nexus 10 and m loving it, awesome screen..want to share some really good apps for our NEXUS 10 !!
    Please share if any app u think is "Must" for Nexus 10, thanks.

Note: I will NOT include apps which requires ROOT, for best root related apps check this thread created by Android_United
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1569607

01. SUPERNOTE ASUS - direct write your notes, link updated on 26th Jan'2013
    02. SOLID EXPLORER - its is a file manager with two independent panels. Recommend
    03. MY SCRIPT CALCULATOR - The Free handwriting calculator
    04. MULTICON WIDGET - accomodate as many apps in less area, keeps screen clear !! Recommend
    05. NEWS REPUBLIC TABLET - one of the best apps for all the news and info, I like it more than Flipboard.
    06. EZPDF READER - the best PDF reader available. Recommend
    07. CINE TRAILER - download the movie trailers in HD format to see awesome videos on giant screen.
    08. DROIDEMU - One of the best emulators
    09. XPERIA ALBUM - awesome gallery from Xperia S Recommend
    10. NOVA LAUNCHER - Highly customizable, performance driven, home screen replacement for Android 4.0+ Recommend
    11. ANDROID PRO WIDGETS - advanced widgets package with many themes and features
    12. PIXLR EXPRESS - More than 600 effects, overlays, and borders to personalize any image, free. Recommend
    13. XPERIA CLOCK WIDGET - Digital clock Sony Xperia™ NXT. Recommend
    14. SPLASHTOP - easiest and fastest remote desktop app to access your Windows or Mac
    15. MX PLAYER - one of the best way to enjoy your movies.
    16. OOVOO - FREE 12-way HD Group Video Chat. Recommend
    17. WALLPAPER CHANGER - Change your wallpaper with one click or automatically every X minutes.
    18. COOL TOAD - is your NEXUS 10 getting too hot, check this app
    19. CIRCLE BATTERY DISC WIDGET - Beautiful free circular battery widget Recommend
    20. BATTERY BAR SYSTEM PANEL - simple and beautiful system panel battery widget Recommend
    21. NEXUS MEDIA IMPORTER - Plug in your pen drive, portable hard disk and watch your contents on your Nexus 10 (no root required) Recommend
    22. MOTIONGRAPH - Amaze your friends with a photo that moves

---------- Wireless/Transfer Related Start ----------
    aVia Media Player - if you have Multiple Android devices at your home, with aVia you can play, manage, and share your music/video/photos from all of your Android-connected devices.
    note:
    If you have androids & iOS devices try this Photo Transfer App
    AirDroid - free app that lets you wirelessly manage your Android from your favorite browser.
    Emit - free app that lets you wirelessly manage your Android from your favorite browser.
    ---------- Wireless/Transfer Related End ----------

from the Giant Killer Samsung Note 2
    Not sure if some are bothered by the Amazon Mobile app for N10 not official.

Not sure if anyone has thought of trying, but you can go to Amazon.com and download the amazon app store and login and then you can download Amazon mobile easily and it works and looks great.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
    Falcon pro for twitter.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
    You can find Core2 management on Google Play. It allows you to shut 1 cpu core if you're a light user.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app
    Your link to item 5, NewsRepublic, actually links to the NON tablet version. You might want to change the link to:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobilesrepublic.appytablet