[APP][Free] Sliding Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ciaastek

Aug 10, 2010
Gliwice
@klinkdawg: temporary you could make just a file with letters that will be changed to another :) like:
ą = a
ę = e
ś = ć
ź = z
ż = z
etc :)

klinkdawg

Jul 13, 2010
@klinkdawg: temporary you could make just a file with letters that will be changed to another :) like:
ą = a
ę = e
ś = ć
ź = z
ż = z
etc :)

yes i would actually really like it if all of you gave me characters from your languages that you would like mapped, because i dont know many and i only speak english :) I did find a list of some, but I want to try and get it working well for everyone. so yes, that list is perfect and tell me some more!

ptmax13

Mar 30, 2012
Heraklion
yes i would actually really like it if all of you gave me characters from your languages that you would like mapped, because i dont know many and i only speak english :) I did find a list of some, but I want to try and get it working well for everyone. so yes, that list is perfect and tell me some more!

Well, I would like to say that first of all you have to be able to detect the language that the keyboard is switched to. Because, for instance, Latin-character languages require a different approach from non-Latin languages. I don't know every language, but I will speak for my native one, Greek.
"Strip Unicode" for Greek language is pretty straightforward. All you need to do is those two things:
1) Capitalize every letter, for example: "αβγδ" will have to become "ΑΒΓΔ".
2) Strip any form of accentuation. for example: "δύο λέξεις" will have to become "ΔΥΟ ΛΕΞΕΙΣ" (and NOT "ΔΎΟ ΛΈΞΕΙΣ")

If you need the whole alphabet to work with, there's always wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_alphabet

p.s.: I'm still surprised that you have to do all this work by yourself. If your app is indeed based upon the CM app, it should have had all these things build in. And if not, why on earth don't you get the code from there?

klinkdawg

Jul 13, 2010
Well, I would like to say that first of all you have to be able to detect the language that the keyboard is switched to. Because, for instance, Latin-character languages require a different approach from non-Latin languages. I don't know every language, but I will speak for my native one, Greek.
"Strip Unicode" for Greek language is pretty straightforward. All you need to do is those two things:
1) Capitalize every letter, for example: "αβγδ" will have to become "ΑΒΓΔ".
2) Strip any form of accentuation. for example: "δύο λέξεις" will have to become "ΔΥΟ ΛΕΞΕΙΣ" (and NOT "ΔΎΟ ΛΈΞΕΙΣ")

If you need the whole alphabet to work with, there's always wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_alphabet

p.s.: I'm still surprised that you have to do all this work by yourself. If your app is indeed based upon the CM app, it should have had all these things build in. And if not, why on earth don't you get the code from there?

its not based on any actual code from the cm app, just ideas. all of the libraries that they use to strip are internal i believe and so its easier for me to write my own instead of importing a ton of files from internal classes that arent part of the api. same thing for mms, its all internal classes and so they are much more difficult to use because it seems like there are like 20 different files that i would need to import. therefore i would rather do it this way.

ptmax13

Mar 30, 2012
Heraklion
its not based on any actual code from the cm app, just ideas. all of the libraries that they use to strip are internal i believe and so its easier for me to write my own instead of importing a ton of files from internal classes that arent part of the api. same thing for mms, its all internal classes and so they are much more difficult to use because it seems like there are like 20 different files that i would need to import. therefore i would rather do it this way.

Ah! my bad then...
So, it sounds that your code will be much more cleaner if you avoid importing anything.
For what it's worth, I think that your app has matured over the time and it still does with every update.
Keep up and you will have the best looking, most lightweight, messaging app on the play store...

tejadakenneth

Jul 30, 2012
can you add changing font style on the next update? also make more simple but elegant UI :)

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk 2

R

rizzodg

The UI is already simple and elegant. He's already doing a great job in that regard.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

klinkdawg

Jul 13, 2010
well i got strip unicode working correctly for tons and tons of characters and things should be better now. you guys will all just have to let me know whether or not i missed a character and i will be able to add it very easily. Next update might be coming later today, but if not then probably saturday sometime, i want to do a couple other things still before pushing it out.

klinkdawg

Jul 13, 2010
put out an update to the pro version just now and you'll see it soon. heres the changelog, really just bug fixes though and strip unicode. didnt have time to update the free version, but i will later tonight after my test, same changelog applies to both.

- Persistant DashClock option and DashClock bug fixes
- Big strip unicode improvements for most languages
- General bug fixes/changes

mrgigabyte2002

Dec 26, 2012
UpState NY
could you please change back Moved delete all conversations option to settings menu or have a setting to change back ,
also i have ask before but got no answer on this question for when getting new texts is app suppose to go to your text being open when you have app set to you to list because i like to see the list of texts first for not being open

thank you

klinkdawg

Jul 13, 2010
could you please change back Moved delete all conversations option to settings menu or have a setting to change back ,
also i have ask before but got no answer on this question for when getting new texts is app suppose to go to your text being open when you have app set to you to list because i like to see the list of texts first for not being open

thank you

no it will no be moved back now, got too many complaints about it and it is still easily accessable at the bottom of settings. done with that feature and i wont be revisiting it.

i'm not sure what you are asking on the second one, but there is an option to be able to open to the left menu conversations list on startup in settings.

Just posted an update to bring free and paid up to the same spot bug fix wise.

Reactions: Bull_Moose

Zt3v0

Mar 6, 2011
LG V30
got the pro version a few days ago and generally I love it,the only one gripe I have is when the keyboard is showing and you complete a message you cant press enter to send cos it aint their,its return which just moves the curser onto the next line,which means everytime you want to complete and send the message you have to press back once to close the keyboard and then press send.
cant their be a option in the settings that allows us to choose the function of the enter/return key

klinkdawg

Jul 13, 2010
got the pro version a few days ago and generally I love it,the only one gripe I have is when the keyboard is showing and you complete a message you cant press enter to send cos it aint their,its return which just moves the curser onto the next line,which means everytime you want to complete and send the message you have to press back once to close the keyboard and then press send.
cant their be a option in the settings that allows us to choose the function of the enter/return key

why can't you press the send arrow right next to the text box you are entering text into?...

Reactions: ..Cory..

pprice520

Apr 6, 2012
www.twitter.com
whats up man i love your app so much i've recommended you to Beans Rom idk if that's something your interested into or not but ive gave him your idea as a thought to join up.

2l8

May 20, 2012
Sv: [APP][Free] Sliding Messaging

It looks like the unicode working now. I have my Swedish characters and it doesn't split the message. I hope it is true then I going to make this app my default messaging app for

Skickat från min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk 2

ciaastek

Aug 10, 2010
Gliwice

I believe you can use this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unicode_characters
There's HUGE list :) second column - character you need to replace with character from third column.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing Sliding Messaging, a stock text messaging alternative!

FeatureGraphic_zps15e9d887.png

Easily manage text messages in a new and up to date format compliant with the Android design guidelines and visually based on the stock messaging app from Google, with added features.

Screenshots:
    34xia7d.jpg
    20gie4g.jpg
    mvqfdx.jpg

Let me know what you guys think, this is a beta after all and will be evolving as android does :D

Play Store Link
    Sliding Messaging Pro

Twitter:
    @SlidingSMS

Beta Program:
    Google+ Community
    Anndddd, dark theme has been finished up. Hope that makes some people happy, although I'm not a big fan of it. I'll build it here within the hour and release the update then for everyone to enjoy.
    ic_launcher_zpsb98f096f.png

Good news, update is about ready to go with a shiny new icon and everything :) HUGE thanks to SeV034 for the icon! it is being pushed to a very select group of alpha testers right now, and then in about 12 hours or so will be pushed to beta testers. Assuming all goes well, it will be pushed to production after that, so sit tight :)

Changelog (Version 6.00):
    - Fully themeable Hangouts UI
    - 855 new emojis from Google Hangouts (and of course you still have access to all the old ones, totaling over 1300 different emojis)
    - Ability to attach multiple images to MMS messages
    - Option to display original timestamp in messages
    - Fixed error causing some MMS messages not to be downloaded
    - Added Hangouts theme to go with Hangouts UI
    - More bug fixes

Pro users, don't forget to apply for beta testing if you want in! https://groups.google.com/forum/#!aboutgroup/sliding-messaging-beta
    and there it is, sliding messaging now fully supports sending pictures and group messages. I've found it to be much more reliable then the stock app at it as well, i've always had problems sending mms with that app but there are none of these problems in sliding messaging.
    Guys please stop bumping yourselves. It really helps absolutely no one out. I'm very busy most of the day and cant respond to most posts, but that doesn't mean i don't read them and take them into consideration. I do, every single one of them and do my best to fix issues. Please cut it out, all youre doing is wasting space in the thread... I've seen it all and some requests I like, some I don't. Either way, thank you all for giving them, and please if i dont respond don't take it personally. I'm doing my best with the time i've got but things are getting out of control now.