How Do I Identify bootloader on already rooted Gtab?

Search This thread

DjRashonal

Aug 5, 2011
Hi All,
I searched and searched, but can't figure out how to identify the bootloader. I bought this gtab off of craigslist and it has already been rooted to VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0B5.1
I want to install VEGAn-GE-7.0.0-RC1, but I before I do I want to be sure I'm on the right bootloader. Any Idea how to Identify the bootloader after the Gtablet has already been rooted?

Last edited:

aabbondanza

Jun 20, 2011
Goldsboro
Go to Settings, About Tablet & look at Tap UI Version. If it starts with 1.1, you're on 1.1 the bootloader (b/l). If it starts with 1.2, you're on the 1.2 b/l.

Reactions: DjRashonal

DjRashonal

Aug 5, 2011
Thanks for the response! I tried that before, but I dont seem to have a Tap UI Version because I am presently rooted and have the VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0B5.1 installed. It gives me a build number, kernal version and Model number

Last edited:

aabbondanza

Jun 20, 2011
Goldsboro
Hi All,
I searched and searched, but can't figure out how to identify the bootloader. I bought this gtab off of craigslist and it has already been rooted to VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0B5.1
I want to install VEGAn-GE-7.0.0-RC1, but I before I do I want to be sure I'm on the right bootloader. Any Idea how to Identify the bootloader after the Gtablet has already been rooted?

1VegaTab 1.0.0B5.1 is a b/l 1.1 branch

Reactions: DjRashonal

TJEvans

Apr 13, 2011
Thanks! I was searchin around for which branch! You definitely saved me a bunch of greif!

Google "Gtablet for dummies", it's hte only place you'll need ot look for just about anything. under start here, there is a drop down, wiht a "rom" entry, click on that and there is a convenient table that illustrates what roms are available and on what bootloaders.

Rommul

Mar 12, 2011
Bronx
Google "Gtablet for dummies", it's hte only place you'll need ot look for just about anything. under start here, there is a drop down, wiht a "rom" entry, click on that and there is a convenient table that illustrates what roms are available and on what bootloaders.

I second this.

The tutorials on that site are second to none.

You will probably end up nvflashing back to a stock version anyway.

tsukaza

Aug 31, 2010
"I second this.

The tutorials on that site are second to none.

You will probably end up nvflashing back to a stock version anyway."

Ditto that, before you try to flash any other ROM. do a clean flash
using the Bl 1.2 with CWM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Go to Settings, About Tablet & look at Tap UI Version. If it starts with 1.1, you're on 1.1 the bootloader (b/l). If it starts with 1.2, you're on the 1.2 b/l.
    Hi All,

1VegaTab 1.0.0B5.1 is a b/l 1.1 branch