[Q] How to change LTE icon to 4G

Search This thread

AwsmStar

Mar 15, 2012
Hi,

I have just flashed ARHD and noticed my data icon now shows LTE instead of 4G as it was on stock. I've already searched about for some possible solutions but nothing works.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

AwsmStar

Mar 15, 2012
In default.xml change this line

name="show_4g_for_lte">true</item>
<item type="boolean"

Make sure it's true and save it. Remember to mount as r/w first

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hi, I've done as you said but LTE persists.

Thanks for your help.

Wonders_Never_Cease

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 10, 2013
Guessing on an ATT device by the stock 4g icon,what you have been told in thread is correct but can also change the sku to att which is correctly shown below...

Hi,

I have just flashed ARHD and noticed my data icon now shows LTE instead of 4G as it was on stock. I've already searched about for some possible solutions but nothing works.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida

Thanks for your help.

Guessing on an ATT device by the stock 4g icon,what you have been told in thread is correct buy can also change the sku to att which is 6. I believe the euro builds are sku 7

If you open up default.xml under system>customize>acc and go all the way to the bottom and edit the line with sku_id>42< and change the number to 7 it gives you the AT&T icons. 11 will give you T-mobile Icons (my personal fav). My Developer edition uses 6 and shows LTE not 4G

Last edited:

Wonders_Never_Cease

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 10, 2013
Hehe my bad@wrong numbers that was off top of my head...Also be aware that if using euro build and change sku numbers some built in features may not work that are associated with the carrier sku's

If you open up default.xml under system>customize>acc and go all the way to the bottom and edit the line with sku_id>42< and change the number to 7 it gives you the AT&T icons. 11 will give you T-mobile Icons (my personal fav). My Developer edition uses 6 and shows LTE not 4G

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In default.xml change this line

name="show_4g_for_lte">true</item>
    <item type="boolean"

Make sure it's true and save it. Remember to mount as r/w first

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Look at the /system/customize/ACC/default.xml there is a bool for it, can't remember where exactly but its in there.

sent from:)::§:::)

Thanks for your help.

Guessing on an ATT device by the stock 4g icon,what you have been told in thread is correct buy can also change the sku to att which is 6. I believe the euro builds are sku 7