[Q] Cannot crop photos correctly on Photo Editor

Search This thread

EverLost123

Aug 11, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
Hello everyone, i'm having a problem with the photo editor app.

It doesnt matter how much i try, or what settings i choose, i cant manage to crop a photo correctly, as you can see on the screenshot, i can't manage to ''select'' the borders of the picture, that happens with any picturei choose, i can crop freely the ''center'' but the borders, it just can't reach.

Anyone have a solution for this?

EDIT: The cropping section of the photo editor is all having problems , i have lot of difficulty to crop photos, it doesnt matter the proportion

YKt9CEU.png

Last edited:

HanZie82

Hello everyone, i'm having a problem with the photo editor app.

It doesnt matter how much i try, or what settings i choose, i cant manage to crop a photo correctly, as you can see on the screenshot, i can't manage to ''select'' the borders of the picture, that happens with any picturei choose, i can crop freely the ''center'' but the borders, it just can't reach.

Anyone have a solution for this?

EDIT: The cropping section of the photo editor is all having problems , i have lot of difficulty to crop photos, it doesnt matter the proportion

-img-

Cannot reproduce:

HanZie82

So i guess the photo editor is showing the picture full screen instead of adjusting it to the screen, and as the code is written to only maximize to a specific part of the screen, its not reaching the ''full screen'' picture.

So i guess i need to replace with another photo editor APK?

As soon as i press crop (on the bottom) the picture resizes so i can see all of it.
Hope that is what you meant.

Here a picture just before i pressed crop:

EverLost123

Aug 11, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
As soon as i press crop (on the bottom) the picture resizes so i can see all of it.
Hope that is what you meant.

Here a picture just before i pressed crop:

I get the same Han, but the thing is when i press crop, instead of adjusting the picture, it does nothing (just a bit, like 5%)

Here is before crop mode:
Zz79ga6.jpg

This is after crop mode (compare to your first screenshot, the blue crop retangle and then this)

RSb5GGc.jpg

HanZie82

I get the same Han, but the thing is when i press crop, instead of adjusting the picture, it does nothing (just a bit, like 5%)

Looks like its not completely working like it should.
I'm using Andoird 4.4.2 international version.
But only thing i can thing of is a factory reset. Else lets hope there's someone with a good idea how to fix this.

Goodluck! :good:

dedydoeng

Aug 2, 2014
I have the same problem as you
Please try to tap the left button then select the crop option ..dont use crop option from the edit list..
It works with me..

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

Please see attachment

andrewilley

Mar 17, 2006
Birmingham
Was a solution to this problem ever found? I have the same issue, when trying to crop a photo in the default photo editing app on my Note 3, I can't extend the crop area to the extreme left or right of the screen. The crop line sticks about 1cm from the edge of the screen and won't allow me to drag it any wider. Also I can't zoom out far enough to crop to the top or bottom of the photo either (they are obscured by the menu bars).

Andre

essarr427

Feb 17, 2014
still doesn't work for me either

I still have this problem as above
Has been this way since I got the phone before kit Kat and after
Also after factory reset and rooting it

The crop tool won't let my drag all the way to the border of the photo being cropped

Is this actually a problem limited to a few ?