[Q] Step Counter - Any way to save data?

Search This thread

Rob1968

Jul 3, 2011
Each Android Wear smartwatch has a step counter built in, which is cool. It keeps your history, but from what I can tell the data isn't saved anywhere. I used my G Watch for a few days, then applied a factory reset. My history was completely gone and it started over again. Is there a way to save this data? Does anyone know if Runtastic or Runkeeper does? I presume the data will eventually be part of Google Fit, but I would like to save the data now.

maksimu

Oct 23, 2010
Each Android Wear smartwatch has a step counter built in, which is cool. It keeps your history, but from what I can tell the data isn't saved anywhere. I used my G Watch for a few days, then applied a factory reset. My history was completely gone and it started over again. Is there a way to save this data? Does anyone know if Runtastic or Runkeeper does? I presume the data will eventually be part of Google Fit, but I would like to save the data now.

I'm also interested in saving this data programmatically. I'm writing an application that will save this data to the server and then combine it with some other analytics. Maybe we can access SQLite to get that data? Does anybody know?

Reactions: glitchhawk

RogueBaneling

Jun 19, 2014
stephenmarcok.com
Hey guys,

I just published an application that can export the data into a CSV file, as well as count the amount of time that you are walking for (in addition to just the steps). You can find it here:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sm.stepsassistant

Let me know if there are any bugs!
Also, it was *just* published, so if it isn't visible yet, it will be soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: glitchhawk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm also interested in saving this data programmatically. I'm writing an application that will save this data to the server and then combine it with some other analytics. Maybe we can access SQLite to get that data? Does anybody know?
    Hey guys,

I just published an application that can export the data into a CSV file, as well as count the amount of time that you are walking for (in addition to just the steps). You can find it here:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sm.stepsassistant

Let me know if there are any bugs!
    Also, it was *just* published, so if it isn't visible yet, it will be soon.