[ROM|WWE|RAPH|March 10th|WM6.5.5|23545|SENSE 2.5] MagicROM W/HD2 MINI LOCKSCREEN!

Search This thread

magicman0

Jan 20, 2009
Princeton, NJ
This ROM won't be updated for a while. I don't have the time to commit to this rom and to maintain it right now. Maybe I will get back to this once I am done with my android/wp7s apps.

Hello XDA Community,
Welcome to the thread for my MagicROM! First off, I want to thank Secc123 for kindly sharing his kitchen for me to learn from.

This ROM was created using Ervius VK. I'm always looking for ways to optimize everything. I build my ROM around both Performance and Visual Appeal

I will eventually make Sense 2.1 and WM 6.5.0 versions of my ROM when I find time, but don't expect it in the coming days. I'm currently learning OpenGL ES, so I don't have free time to make these versions currently. Feel free to post suggestions and what you don't like. I will consider whatever you say.

WARNING: This is a GSM ROM, DO NOT FLASH THIS ROM TO A CDMA PHONE.

Navigation:
Post 2: Bugs | Changelog | Previous Builds
Post 3: FAQS | Tips & Tricks
Post 4: Screenshots

Features
  • Topaz S2 Video Drivers 2.54.1300.2
  • Rhodium Dialer
  • Anastasia IconSet & Slider by Dinik
  • Manila 2.5.2012 (works better on non snapdragon devices)
  • C0okie's Home Tab Built in (you can uninstall if you like)
  • HD2 MINI Lockscreen VGA thanks to michyprima
  • HTC Android Sense UI Taskbar by DarkNinja
  • EzInput 2.1
  • ArkSwitch 1.1 by Arktronic (Task Manager | Open it by hitting the left side of the taskbar)
  • cleanRAM 1.99
  • Comm Manager 2.9.5.0
  • FM Radio 1.6.1817.4024.1
  • Facebook 1.1.0.17
  • G-Config
  • Google Maps 4.0
  • HTC Menu Enhancement
  • nueLight
  • Opera Mobile 10 Beta 3 (with internet tab integration)
  • PHM RegEdit
  • PIM Backup
  • PocketRAR
  • psShutXP power key
  • Shake and Save
  • Condor GT Theme
  • Topaz AudioBooster
  • Voice Recorder
  • Wifi Monster
  • and the usual you would expect from a ROM...

Download
MagicROM | 23545 | Sense 2.5 | Mar 10th -Hotfile

Last edited:

magicman0

Jan 20, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Changelog

MagicROM | 23545 | Sense 2.5 | Mar 10th
  • Completely Fresh New ROM
  • Build 23545
  • Cooked in C0okie's Home Tab
  • Cooked in Anastasia's Slider by DINIK
  • Cooked in Hero Taskbar by DarkNinja
  • Changed Home Wallpaper
  • Added HD2 MINI Lockscreen
  • Updated cleanRAM
  • Made the ROM much faster
  • many more little things I don't remember

Previous Builds
MagicROM | 23541 | Sense 2.5 | Mar 1st - Hotfile

Last edited:

magicman0

Jan 20, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Bugs
  • DO NOT USE PIN WITH LOCKSCREEN. YOU WILL HAVE TO HARD RESET. I can't fix this until the HD2 Mini Lockscreen Port completes this
  • Albums Softkey in Albums is not working

FAQs

I can't update My Location weather on the weather tab.
-On the weather tab, hit Menu > Enable My Location > Agree > Update Now

Where can I find the option to manage my on-screen keyboard input?

This is located in Start-Settings-Personal-INPUT but it's hidden by default. Use your reg-editor and do the following:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Input
Delete the "Redirect" registry value and soft reset. Input shortcut should be back in Personal folder.
Thanks to carlos_polanco for informing me about this.

How can I disable weather to make my phone faster?
-This is why C0okie's Home Tab is so useful. You can make Sense 2.5 faster by disabling weather by adding the quicklink - Weather Animation On/Off Switch

How do I open the task manager?
-On the taskbar, hit the empty left side. This should open up ArkSwitch.

I don't like the start menu icons | Why are 1 or 2 start menu icons ugly?
-Some icons were not changed like file explorer and bing, and that was a bug that I saw after uploading the ROM. I will change it for the next build. Until then, check out JWMD Icon Changer V2.6b for Windows Mobile 6.5 and most of the icons I used were either from Dinik's HD2 iconset, or Dinik's Anastasia Iconset.

My Fuze hardware keyboard is messed up.
I will include this in my next release. For now, install THIS FIX and ProFuzeSetup

Tips & Tricks
Check out these mods to greatly enhance your experience. I highly recommend checking out Co0kie's Home Tab thread page thread page to learn how to use it.

-ULTIMATE aGPS
-MaxManila

-More to tweaks to be posted in the next few days

Last edited:

magicman0

Jan 20, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Screenshots

NOTE TO USERS OF MY ROM: If you feel that I need more screenshots, you're welcome to take your own screenshots and pm them to me. But make sure you don't have any extras installed and they are just stock MagicROM screenshots.

screenshot3wj.jpg
screenshot9eh.jpg
screenshot4qs.jpg
screenshot5wh.jpg

screenshot8gj.jpg
screenshot7fh.jpg
screenshot1hx.jpg
screenshot6bz.jpg

Last edited:

DHSoccer4

Dec 31, 2008
New York
I will give this a whirl, good luck with the cooking, good to see another Chef is here.

Might I add, I like the text messaging bubble feature that NRG has cooked in into his 2.1 series roms. if I can find the link i will post it for ya to consider

magicman0

Jan 20, 2009
Princeton, NJ
I will give this a whirl, good luck with the cooking, good to see another Chef is here.

Might I add, I like the text messaging bubble feature that NRG has cooked in into his 2.1 series roms. if I can find the link i will post it for ya to consider

I will consider it... I don't text and I'm not an expert in that field so its up to everyone to decide what they want.

There are somethings that I don't have experience with, so feedback is much appreciated :)

DHSoccer4

Dec 31, 2008
New York
downloaded it and first thing I noticed was I could not text. I click all messages/compose/... and it stays on that screen.

RaudelJr

Dec 10, 2007
I use to be a Chrome ROM user.

But ever since the Chrome ROMs stopped being updated I've been looking for another ROM to switch to.

Has anyone tested MagicROM to work for USB Tethering and Bluetooth PAN tethering?

May I suggest having the HTorch application cooked into the ROM?

Raudel

michalhaj

Mar 21, 2009
Hi, I would like to ask if there is any chance of successful application of this ROM Cyberon Voice Dial and Bluetooth earpiece. Thanks

magicman0

Jan 20, 2009
Princeton, NJ
I'm working so can't test anything yet, ill test when i get home.
the next release will be a fully loaded rom,and o have a lot of apps planned. do u guys prefer torch or nuelight?
also, bluetooth should be working.

ingobingo

Jul 1, 2008
I have found no way to configure keyboard to a different layout. With sheng's QWERTZ keyboard patch I can change layout of the hardware keyboard, but can't enter any german umlauts. But I can't find any menu to change the on screen keyboard to german layout. Any ideas?

magicman0

Jan 20, 2009
Princeton, NJ
I have found no way to configure keyboard to a different layout. With sheng's QWERTZ keyboard patch I can change layout of the hardware keyboard, but can't enter any german umlauts. But I can't find any menu to change the on screen keyboard to german layout. Any ideas?

Not sure if this will work but try this:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5775724&postcount=1004

By the way, I will be uploading a completely fresh new version of my ROM. Think of it as a re-release, because its a completely new version.

supergenio2

Apr 30, 2009
madrid
hi all ...

for I am encouraged to try this rom, so far doing very well and fast, but I can not put wallpaper in the manila, because it could be??, for the rest of time is going very well ... thank you very much