New Firmware XWKI2

Search This thread

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
Sampro has uploaded a new firmware for us to play with:
GT-P7500_XSE_P7500XWKI2_P7500OLBKH1_P7500XXKI1
go get it here:http://sampro.pl/firmware/android/samsung-p7500/

And this is not my work and no credit is mine for this just posting my findings, the credit goes to Sampro.pl

Edit: still Android 3.1 Password: sampro.pl

Installed and booted fine, still rootable with old method.
build prop says its built Fri Sep 9 14:25:40
No carrier apps or other **** apps gets installed just samsung apps

Last edited:

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
No one else tried this? Would be nice with someone elses findings from this firmware.
I dont think its as smooth as KI1, it feels fast but not as fluid as KI1. At first install i wiped everything with CWM and flashed the new firmware. And it was not as smooth as i expected. So i wiped my device clean once again(Factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik, formated system, data and cache and flashed in Odin with repartion checked. That has always helped in KI1 but still with KI2 i find it a litttle studdering. Will test some more and report back later.

VouSDru

Sep 28, 2011
Thanks for giving the review .. I would love to hear the updates from you nick :D

I am using KI1 now .. Honestly I dont see any reason to upgrade to KI2 since I assume the code is different due to different region release .. So hopefully you can change my mind :)

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
Built date is 9th of Sep and as I recall KI1 is somewhere close?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S II powered by Gingerbread Special Edition
yep, it was 7th Sep on KI1. And i really dont like KI2 but i could be that i forgot the standard of stock rom , but as ii remember KI1 gave a much better experience. Maybe it needs some dev love and maybe then it will overshine KI1 but as of now i will go back to KI1 based rom. But dont let that stop you guys from trying this because it could be it just dont fit my device and overall it feels fast it just not smooth.

bijixda

Feb 12, 2010
Jakarta
Please help, i get boot loop............
Is there any other way than data wipe?

This error is found when booting:

Caused by: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: Can't upgrade read-only database from version 65 to 64: /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sampro has uploaded a new firmware for us to play with:
    GT-P7500_XSE_P7500XWKI2_P7500OLBKH1_P7500XXKI1
    go get it here:http://sampro.pl/firmware/android/samsung-p7500/

And this is not my work and no credit is mine for this just posting my findings, the credit goes to Sampro.pl

Edit: still Android 3.1 Password: sampro.pl

Installed and booted fine, still rootable with old method.
    build prop says its built Fri Sep 9 14:25:40
    No carrier apps or other **** apps gets installed just samsung apps