[Q] Desire Z 2.3.5 and Sense 3.0 update??

Search This thread

Chdcmac

Feb 24, 2010
This phone has enough power to run this version. Many DZ owners can confirm this. Is the HTC Desire Z ever going to get this update?

TRFFTR

Mar 14, 2011
Desire Z will officially get an update in January, but nobody knows what will it include

Reactions: Chdcmac

sorgo

Jun 18, 2010
Wildfire S got an update recently with sense 3.0 lockscreen, but officialy it's called sense 2.1
Now Desire HD and Incredible S got a Sense 3.0 update. Hope we will get something too, especially if there's no next generation qwerty phone from HTC.

TRFFTR

Mar 14, 2011
HTC engineers are working to bring Sense 3.0 to Desire Z at the moment, if they decide that Sense 3.0 works on Desire Z without any problem, they will release it via OTA, but if they decide that Sense 3.0 is not compatible with Desire Z, then they will cut the biggest features like 3D scrolling, and just release some Sense 3.0 features like Active Lock Screen as Sense 2.2 via OTA

Flash05

Jul 13, 2010
desire HD got sense 3 OTA. im looking forward that they fix the bugs present in 2.3.3

is this confirmed already?

TheDuri

Dec 9, 2011
I saw only information about DHD and DIS, nothing about Desire Z :(. Do you have any confirmation that HTC Turkey said anything?

TRFFTR

Mar 14, 2011
No, because I have contacted with HTC Turkey by calling them, but I will try to get more information and a confirmation like screencaps for you ;)

TheDuri

Dec 9, 2011
If you said that Desire Z will get update thats enough :). However, wonder what version of sense we will get. My tryouts with support contact edns with information "phone is being tested with Android 4.x, but we cannot say anything". Well, we shall see. In my opining there are 3 possibilities, we will get 2.3.5 with Sense 2.1 with new lock screen, we will get Android 4.x in Jan/Feb or we will not get anything ;).

PtaQ1982

May 26, 2009
My conversation on HTC Chat with English Support.

"Hello. Is Desire Z will still be updated to android 2.3.5
Beatrix: Yes it is alredy relesed.
Beatrix: I can not tell you the exact date but every device will get the update.
Beatrix: You can check for a system update from the phone itself. On the Home Screen press MENU - SETTINGS - ABOUT PHONE - SYSTEM SOFTWARE UPDATES - CHECK NOW. If there is an update available then please download and install it. We recommend that you download the update via a WI-FI connection to avoid any data charges imposed by your mobile network provider.
Me: It is known IncreadibleS and Desire HD got the updates and Desire Z was not on the list of updates in December
Beatrix: yes it will be updated beggining next year. with htc sense3.0"

Last edited:

Spastic909

Dec 28, 2010
Engadget had desire z listed as getting sense 3.0 I thought..just a few days ago

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Flash05

Jul 13, 2010
is it new article? wildfire s just got an update... but no sense3

i dont mind if no sense3 as long as they fix the reload issue
and optimize the performance... before i go custom.

but sense3 will be appreciated if it comes :)

Chdcmac

Feb 24, 2010
I also contacted HTC chat (Dutch support) They said the DZ will get the 2.3.5 update, but not what's included.

zombie468

Dec 14, 2011
Birmingham
HTC UK

I have just contacted the htc uk customer services team who confirmed that the desire z will recieve android 2.3.5 and sense 3.0 update soon but they could not tell me when it will be available just that it is definately happening and it will be soon so its just a case of keep checking in and wait. seems like it will definately be happening though so thats one good thing :)

moolash

Mar 10, 2009
update

We got an update last Xmas, too. :)

Many of you probably have tried Sense 3.0 already with custom roms.
It is slow, I guess. Even with overclocking.

I hope they at HTC will find the right way.

I am waiting on an update, too, I just don't know why. It is nothing special.
Well, the new camera app is nice, advanced quick menu is cool, too.

Will you guys and all of us keep us updated if anyone gets the OTA update?

(we'll probably know about it in XDA forums, anyway...)

kmmerwana

Dec 2, 2010
Bangalore
Thanks alot for this information guys. I've been trying hard to use custom sense Rom on my phone but the performance lag is just not worth it. If at all HTC does decide to bless us with Sense 3.0, I'm sure the developers will be able to optimize it even further for our liking.

Just a note: you've given us a hope by starting this thread. Here's hoping it doesn't get crushed!!!

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

zombie468

Dec 14, 2011
Birmingham
I'd say the chances of our hopes being crushed are slim when so many of us have contacted htc directly but i cant say that im not worried that htc will go back on there word. After all what is the number of desire z users compared to the over all amount of customers htc has. We can only hope that even huge corporate companies have a concionce

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Desire Z will officially get an update in January, but nobody knows what will it include
    Wildfire S got an update recently with sense 3.0 lockscreen, but officialy it's called sense 2.1
    Now Desire HD and Incredible S got a Sense 3.0 update. Hope we will get something too, especially if there's no next generation qwerty phone from HTC.
    HTC engineers are working to bring Sense 3.0 to Desire Z at the moment, if they decide that Sense 3.0 works on Desire Z without any problem, they will release it via OTA, but if they decide that Sense 3.0 is not compatible with Desire Z, then they will cut the biggest features like 3D scrolling, and just release some Sense 3.0 features like Active Lock Screen as Sense 2.2 via OTA
    Answer of HTC

Hy everybody,
    have asked HTC what's with an update for DesireZ.
    They answered me, that they are trying to bring up the newest staff what ist able to run without lags.
    A date of rolout isn't given in their answer so be happy there will be an update.
    agree

New HTC phone, Desire C runs ICS and Sense 4.0 on only 600MHz and 512MB RAM.
    So I think that we can confirm that Desire Z can run ICS and Sense 4.0!
    I think that there is still a chance to get a Update at least 2.3.5 and Sense 3.x
    All strong dual core and 1ghz> phones are already on the ICS update list.
    The ICS update list is not completed as they said,so if you take a look at that list, only phones that are not on the list are Desire Z, Desire, Wildfire S, Explorer and other, that means that they are working on something.
    Desire Z got an update few days ago, does anybody know what is that update for?
    If they don't give us an update, we can conclude that HTC is very busy working on other new phones, and updating old phones doesn't pay-off, they want us to buy new phones with new software, but Thank God we have Custom ROMS :D
    Is there any ROM ICS and Sense 4.0 for DZ that has working camera?

1. You're pretty much right, buddy.
    The One V and the new Desire C all prove our phone can handle ICS and Sense 4.
    So does Virtuous Team's Virtuous Primadonna ROM. I have been having it for a few days, reall really only the camera is missing, there might be a few bugs, I haven' found any that annoyed me. It works flawlessly!!!!

2. But also, these phone show that they come out with new, cheap phones, so we're gonna lose the tug-o-war and buy new phones. (all this making our good old Desire Z less worthy and harder to sell :D )

3. There's no Sense ICS ROM with a working camera that I know of.

4. Ohh, the small recent update is just a stability fix, I guess. Not even Sense 3.5

Let's keep hoping!!!