[GAMES] Nexus 10 Gaming Thread

Search This thread

jarjar124

Apr 28, 2012
Brooklyn
So some of us has the nexus 10 in our hands now and this thing is a beast (at certain times) and gaming would soon be one of those key features of the tablet after it is optimized. So now we can start discussing about gaming!

What are some games you tried/ plan to try first?

What are some games that you would recommend?

What are some games are you looking forward to?

We can discuss anything among the topic of gaming!

I'll start first saying I was looking forward to trying wild blood out, but it just looks blown up. Hopefully gameloft can update it to be on par and compatible with the nexus 10!

Working/Compatible Games:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgDgHmCGZo8YdHh1WWhWWTd4UUJ4NmZBSUZzSkVqRkE
**You guys can edit it since its a public doc**

Last edited:
Reactions: a7med_Raslan

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London
I can firstly contribute by saying that none of my tegra games work sadly...

Can't play Sim City 3, Galaxy on Fire 2, few other expensive games :(

Asphalt 7 runs perfect, been playing it without a hitch.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

b4silver

Jun 19, 2012
Nova 3, modern combat 3, need for speed hot pursuit, the dark knight rises, and minecraft all work good. Although minecraft isn't as smooth as my gs3. Obviously isn't optimized. It'll get done though.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Shadow gun, chaos, shadow gun dead zone, need for speed most wanted, nova 2, asphalt 6, asphalt 7, all those work good as well.

akhan47

Oct 21, 2012
I've played NFS Most Wanted, Rip Tide and others and they worked great but I honestly prefer gaming on my Nexus 7... is it just me?

fooldog01

Dec 24, 2008
NBA Jam doesn't work. It launches but its tiny on the screen and then just closes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

impulse101

Mar 17, 2011
I can firstly contribute by saying that none of my tegra games work sadly...

Can't play Sim City 3, Galaxy on Fire 2, few other expensive games :(

Asphalt 7 runs perfect, been playing it without a hitch.

I have a ton of tegra games working including Shadowgun THD, Riptide GP, seigecraft thd, beach buggy blitz and soulcraft thd

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

I've played NFS Most Wanted, Rip Tide and others and they worked great but I honestly prefer gaming on my Nexus 7... is it just me?

Yes, i like it way better on n10 and the performance, look and loading time all are better on n10

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London
I have a ton of tegra games working including Shadowgun THD, Riptide GP, seigecraft thd, beach buggy blitz and soulcraft thd

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Yes, i like it way better on n10 and the performance, look and loading time all are better on n10

Hey,

Sorry, what I meant by not working was that I couldn't download them, incompatible, did you sideload yours? I'd love to give them a try if I could figure out how to download them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
On the note of Tegra games; there's even a mod to enable Tegra-effects on DEAD TRIGGER; which sounds like tegra-effects aren't really.. tegra-specific at all (as in, if you have a GPU capable of processing the extra load, it should work without issue).

impulse101

Mar 17, 2011
Hey,

Sorry, what I meant by not working was that I couldn't download them, incompatible, did you sideload yours? I'd love to give them a try if I could figure out how to download them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, i had a gtab 10.1 and i transferred all my apps from titanium to n10, most of the games work that i had but a couple dont like horn and wild blood menus

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

On the note of Tegra games; there's even a mod to enable Tegra-effects on DEAD TRIGGER; which sounds like tegra-effects aren't really.. tegra-specific at all (as in, if you have a GPU capable of processing the extra load, it should work without issue).

Awesome, do you have a link for that?

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London
I tried to modify my build prop to get the tegra stuff from market but it seems the new security measures in 4.2 are preventing me from mounting system read/write in root explorer. Makes me sad for the future of tinkering with Android :(

impulse101

Mar 17, 2011
I tried to modify my build prop to get the tegra stuff from market but it seems the new security measures in 4.2 are preventing me from mounting system read/write in root explorer. Makes me sad for the future of tinkering with Android :(

I can mount r/w in root explorer

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Plus modifying the build prop doesnt work for dead trigger anymore. In the game it still says ultra but the buildprop reverts back every time you start the game

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Plus modifying the build prop doesnt work for dead trigger anymore. In the game it still says ultra but the buildprop reverts back every time you start the game

I figured out the issue with my root, got that sorted now, I tried using the Nexus 7 build prop but it illed my market so no go, I need to find just the correct part of the build prop to edit, I think perhaps it's the signature.

As for it reverting. I can't see how, if system is read only, the game can't be causing that.

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
Has anyone else tried GTA III yet? I would of figured the N10 to be able to handle it on highest, but it seems the screen resolution being at 100% causes a great drop in FPS... 50% I think is around 50-60 FPS, and I think 100% is like 20-30 FPS.

Also here's some other games with lower-then-expected performance:

Beat-Hazard (real choppy menu, in-game is better, but still not smooth)
osu!droid (multi-touch latency when using built-in player)
Minecraft PE (just overall laggy)
Beats (FPS is 30-40, for a simplistic game like this...)

sebbo90

May 10, 2009
Has anyone else tried GTA III yet? I would of figured the N10 to be able to handle it on highest, but it seems the screen resolution being at 100% causes a great drop in FPS... 50% I think is around 50-60 FPS, and I think 100% is like 20-30 FPS.

I tried gta III at 100% and seemed great, no lag at all. On another note, GTA Vice City announced on December 6th, I cannot wait :D

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London

I've been playing Minecraft PE quite a bit and haven't noticed any slowness at all. Given you can see almost the entire map on one screen. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To anyone who doubts any lag issues, try this race out specifically:
    1Egmq

I played that race and many others for an hour and a half straight last night with no lag :)

Set your min CPU speed to 300MHz
    Max CPU to 1.1GHz
    Governor to PegasusQ or Interactive
    scheduler to noop
    undervolt to whatever your known good levels are

This should stop all throttling in gaming.
    In case anyone is interested, Need for Speed Most Wanted is 99 cents.
    My N10 doesn't run as hot either.

BTW: if it has not been mentioned, Nova 3 is on sale for .99 cents!
    Anyone with throttling issues, I might recommend checking out franco.Kernel:

r2:
    * Merge over 60 patches from Google android-3.4/exynos branch which include mostly improvements on the GPU and graphics memory allocator drivers, amongst other things
    * Add toggle to enable/disable fsync
    * Fixed thermal driver to do its job properly: one throttle to 1000MHz and another throttle to 700MHz, if it gets even warmer. Also get rid of memory throttling, seems kinda absurd to me. This should get rid of lagging while abusing your device
    I killed my Live Wallpaper and Wifi and the lag is at minimum.