My Galaxy s2 caught on fire while charging, burnt my hand, and broke my phone.

Search This thread

chigah

Feb 8, 2014
So, I was charging my phone as normal through the USB cable connected to my computer. I have been charging it this way with the same charger for close to 2 years. Suddenly, tonight I was wondering where this plastic burning smell was coming from, I picked up my phone, and it was flaming hot. I burn my finger and my phone no longer turns on. The phone is burnt where the charger is plugged into the phone and is also burnt on the charger itself. What do I do from here? This seems ridiculous from my perspective and I should never expect a phone to do this.

SteveMurphy

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 22, 2012
Atlanta
So, I was charging my phone as normal through the USB cable connected to my computer. I have been charging it this way with the same charger for close to 2 years. Suddenly, tonight I was wondering where this plastic burning smell was coming from, I picked up my phone, and it was flaming hot. I burn my finger and my phone no longer turns on. The phone is burnt where the charger is plugged into the phone and is also burnt on the charger itself. What do I do from here? This seems ridiculous from my perspective and I should never expect a phone to do this.

I suppose you could try Mobile Tech Videos, but from the sound of it you may be in the market for a new device. Good luck.

chigah

Feb 8, 2014
Is there a possibility of me getting a replacement? This is total crap that's why.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I suppose you could try Mobile Tech Videos, but from the sound of it you may be in the market for a new device. Good luck.
    Is there a possibility of me getting a replacement? This is total crap that's why.

Not a 2-year old phone; the warranty was only ever for one year, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try.