{ROM} Dirty Unicorns_4.4.4_GEE {v-8.2}_11/4/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

k5t4j5

Nov 23, 2013
F£O®¦D@
OK I have a question about the Dark UI selection for daytime. I tried using for light change, but some places in the house made it flip back and forth, making my ui unstable. Tried the daytime selection and I didn't see anything happen. Is it a bug or am I missing something?

I can't tell you for sure but it's probably a bug. Last night I found a crucial error in the way the build was working and fixed it. This morning ended up with same rom, so me and another dev that helped me figure some stuff out last night teamed up with another dev this morning and found the whole problem. I'm watching the machine build now and it's adding stuff that we've been missing already, so as long as there isn't another speed bump, update should be done in 3 hours or so, I'll test, and we'll hopefully have a full stable build. I know I've said that once already and probably shouldn't have, but you guy's gotta understand, this stuff is incredibly complexed sometimes and when it's a rom this powerful and full of features, it's going to be tough. I've put in about 10 hours straight at one point. Fingers crossed were in the clear this afternoon. P.S, she'll come fully equipped with updated glitch kernel this time as well.

Sent from my Optimus G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

likwidkool

May 17, 2013
I'm using modular mini because I like to install everything myself. No focus issues that I can tell. Are you sure your camera wasn't replaced?

Edit: looked over packages and it sure doesn't say that it replaces camera. What kind of focus issues are you having? The old bug I was aware of wouldn't focus after first time. I closed camera and reopened and my focus is still there, but you said autofocus right?

It actually won't focus on the first open. I end up getting a red reticle the pic is unfocused and there's a white hue on objects. If I tap on the screen it will focus but pics still aren't where they were on cm 11. I used the stock camera and snap camera.

k5t4j5

Nov 23, 2013
F£O®¦D@
It actually won't focus on the first open. I end up getting a red reticle the pic is unfocused and there's a white hue on objects. If I tap on the screen it will focus but pics still aren't where they were on cm 11. I used the stock camera and snap camera.

If it doesn't get fixed in the update expected this afternoon, I'm afraid this ROM might be have the camera bug, but don't quote me on that. You can try the fix I don't think it'll hurt anything, after this afternoon I'll see what I can find on it. I hate the camera B.S too gotta get it fixed one way or another.

Reactions: likwidkool

likwidkool

May 17, 2013
If it doesn't get fixed in the update expected this afternoon, I'm afraid this ROM might be have the camera bug, but don't quote me on that. You can try the fix I don't think it'll hurt anything, after this afternoon I'll see what I can find on it. I hate the camera B.S too gotta get it fixed one way or another.

Yeah gonna run the fix and see what happens. I wasn't sure if it was kernel based so I flashed mirage but same thing. The tasked fix is simple and easy so no biggie. Thanks!

HdMsTrTeCh

Oct 29, 2011
I know matr1x has it's issues but battery life is amazing with the screen off option. How's glitch with batt?

k5t4j5

Nov 23, 2013
F£O®¦D@
I know matr1x has it's issues but battery life is amazing with the screen off option. How's glitch with batt?

Beats it hands down. I liked matr1x but I've been on my phone non stop all day and in at 52%. It's looking like you'll see here soon, roms building perfectly, won't be too much longer.

HdMsTrTeCh

Oct 29, 2011
Beats it hands down. I liked matr1x but I've been on my phone non stop all day and in at 52%. It's looking like you'll see here soon, roms building perfectly, won't be too much longer.

Sweet Relish! Can I flash dirty or wipe properly?

k5t4j5

Nov 23, 2013
F£O®¦D@
With a few reboots to test things, which can be hard on battery at times

Attachments

• 1395338616471.jpg
    1395338616471.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: HdMsTrTeCh

k5t4j5

Nov 23, 2013
F£O®¦D@
Well I'm still testing stuff, but UPDATE IN OP. This will be your first fully built Dirty Unicorns rom complete with what "should" be everything from Team D. I. R. T themselves. They didn't make it very easy to build this so if there's anything missing or new/old bugs post it up and I'll work it out. So far I see damn hardware key lights are still broken 1st fix on list! Camera will probably need fix for some. Starting to think the little symbol in status bar when clock is moved is supposed to be there but I'm looking into it, apk arrow gone. Let me know what you find and let's keep making this beast better, ENJOY.

k5t4j5

Nov 23, 2013
F£O®¦D@
Now built with GLITCH kernel, dirty flash OK as long as you wipe cache and dalvik cache. No need to flash Supersu now full root supported. Not finished with it yet but Check changelog

likwidkool

May 17, 2013
Thanks man!!

Just flashed. One question. In trickster mp decision and intelliplug are both turned off. Isn't one supposed to be on?? When I tried to enable mp decision it turned itself back off. But in mp decision control its shown as on. Just wondering.

likwidkool

May 17, 2013
Seems WiFi GPS is working now. I've been inside so I haven't checked actually satellite fix yet.

On another note I tried removing the camera.apk and installing the one from cm. It was 1mb bigger but now I just get fc when I open camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    oR0KIrV.png

Dirty Unicorns is a custom ROM built with stability in mind and optional customization. The idea to start this ROM began out of pure boredom around 4.1.2 on the EVO 3D and later turned into a form of an addiction (a good one) to see where we could go from there. We have since expanded to more devices to include the HTC One, Nexus 5, SGS4 and many more. We quickly realize that users loved what we were doing as well as other developers because it was done the right way. We've always had fun doing it and take pride in knowing that we've done it without having to bug the end user for donations to pay for server costs and/or any of those sob stories you hear. This ROM is 100 percent free and will remain that way.​

Those wanting to use our ROM as a base are more the welcomed to do so but please maintained the credits/thanks below, do not ask for donations as it wouldn't be fair to do so considering and let us know as we often like to contribute to other projects.

uBHbp4C.png

As stated above, we love to maintain authorship but we also like to publicly praise those that have helped us along the way with our wonderful project. With that said, this wouldn't be possible without the work and help of those listed below :) THANK YOU ALL!!

| OmniROM | AOKP | CM | ChaOS | Paranoid Android | Slim ROMs | Preludedrew | Team Black Out | Official Testers / Translators |

Please check our gerrit/github for full credits/thanks of individual contributors​
    Believe it or not, we are human and we do forget things. If we have left someone out of the credit/thanks list, just PM us and we'll gladly add on to the list.

LdRPVIa.png

Code:
    -- Built-in ad blocker (able to update hosts on the fly)
    -- Ability to disable FC notifications
    -- Enable pointer/user microphone options (screen record)
    -- Download Center (Gapps, Xposed, etc)
    -- Ability to force Expanded Notifications
    -- Over 100 cloud based wallpapers
    -- Facebook Sync Hack
    -- Immersive mode
    -- Hot Reboot In Power Menu
    -- Appbar (app sidebar)
    -- Customizable Quick Settings
    -- Customizable power menu
    -- Customizable lockscreen shortcuts
    -- App Ops access in Settings
    -- TRDS (built in theme in settings)
    -- Statusbar Clock options
    -- NavBar Options
    -- Halo (multi-tasking tool)
    -- Halo size/color changer
    -- Hardware key remap mod (only for HW button devices)
    -- Battery Bar / Circle batteries
    -- Network speed indicators in statusbar
    -- SuperSU (chainfire)
    -- Build.prop mods
    -- Init.d Tweaks
    -- Active Display (Moto X notifications)
    -- ListView Animations
    -- Custom System Animations
    -- Toast Animations
    -- Custom BusyDialog
    -- Advanced Low Battery Indicator options
    -- ScreenShot QuickTrash
    -- Color Changing PhaseBeam
    -- Gesture Anywhere
    -- Button Light Notification
    -- Statusbar Color options
    -- OmniSwitch (multi-tasking tool)
    -- Driving Mode 
    -- Lockscreen theme options
    -- Lockscreen notifications / options
    -- System App Remover
    -- Identicons
    -- Suspend Actions
    -- Wakelock Actions
    -- SlimROM based recents
    -- Contextual notification panel headers
    -- SlimROMs privacy guard
    -- Blacklist calls/sms
    And much much more, just take a peek into Dirty Tweaks and ENJOY!!!

Q4fzpUl.png

HERE

ACCE4QT.png

- Make sure you have TWRP or compatible recovery for kitkat
    - Wipe everything but your external/internal storage
    - Move the ROM zip to your device
    - Flash it and reboot
    - Once the ROM boots, reboot back into recovery
    - Flash the recommend GAPPS and ENJOY!!

o9S1gUw.png

Code:
    [B]8.2 - 11/4/14[/B]
    -Navbar:Custom Glow Time
    -SystemUI:Fix crash during notification/theme change
    -Bring back color changer for MIUI-like carrier label
    -Fix carrier label not sticking after a reboot
    -Fixed clear-all button Bug
    -Fix auto rotation/battery tile long press
    -Double tap to sleep on navigation bar
    -Add Voice Dialer back
    -Support full size application screenshots
    -Fix bootanimation cut off on HDPI devices
    -NavRing:Last App
    -Fix longpress app circlebar QS tile

For a more detailed changelog, feel free to check out our Gerrit or Github.

w8dPBLu.png

ROM

GAPPS

wqWTvgS.png

Google+ community - https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109738128866939227235
    Please keep in mind that in our Google+ community, we like to post test builds to fix bugs and/or gauge what the user would like to see in this ROM.
    With this said, if you would like to test out an experimental build (might not be stable) please check out our G+ community.

Github source (4.4.4) - https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns-KitKat
    Gerrit review - http://gerrit.dirtyunicorns.com/

If you would like to submit a patch to our ROM, please use our gerrit as pull requests often go unnoticed.
    All patches are welcomed and reviewed in a timely matter :)

For more screenshots, please visit this imgur gallery - http://imgur.com/a/KRhfq#0

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR ANY VERSION OF THIS ROM!
    - IF THERE'S AN ISSUE WITH THE LINKS, JUST LET ME KNOW!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Dirty Unicorns , ROM for the Sprint LG Optimus G

Contributors
    k5t4j5, Team D.I.R.T

Version Information
    Well everyone, its 4:15 here, Ive been up for a while working with @Mazda from Team D.I.R.T, and the plan is , later sunday Ill be re-modeling a little and posting the update everyone's gonna hopefully like cause the OG community is NOW DU OFFICIAL!!!!!:cool:
    Updated to V~7.1!!! This is mostly a bug fix build, with a few extra features. Changelog will be updated soon. Boot animation went back to old one for now, just didn't build for some reason and didn't feel like the extra work for that. Enjoy

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Well, here's my feed back.
    I tried it along with DU TBO gapps.
    Well, as always the speed is amazing. boot up is so fast. but let's focus on the things I didn't like:
    1. right after boot up, I noticed there's no AOSP browser. I don't know if it's replaced by chrome in gapps or not but it wasn't there.
    2. gallery says no external storage and exits! screen shot added.
    3. inverted volume buttons. Should be fixed by editing keypad8064.ak in /system/usr/key layout/.
    4. There is no Screen in battery stats. screen shot added.
    5. no dt2w/s2w
    6. camera app still sucks offering limited setting options.
    7. and as you already know, no option to turn off led buttons back light.

left DU for now. You said this was the last kk version but I hope it won't.
    Hi,

I don't know how long you been flashing ROMs but you're obviously lost so let me let you in on a few things.

1. Some GAPPS like the one you flashed remove certain AOSP system apps such as the browser to replace them with Chrome or whatever

2. dt2s, s2s, s2w and any kernel related features depend on the kernel you're using. That would of been actually useful information to include in your report and I call it report because I can't use the word I want to use on XDA

3. Last but not least, if you're not wiling to contribute and provide useful information then I suggest you go and do one of two things. Either create your own ROM and that way you can see how useless these types of posts are when you're on the other end OR you can keep quiet, thank your lucky stars that someone is actually developing for your aging device.

If you don't like a certain ROM.........move along! Nobody is going to stop you from using another ROM. In fact, I myself encourage people to use what they want to use.

This isn't a popularity contest. Don't like DU? You think "it sucks" then go use whatever you want.

Here's our gerrit http://gerrit.dirtyunicorns.com/#/q/status:open,n,z and here's a simple guide to submit patches to us https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns-KitKat/manifest#submitting-patches if you're feeling like not wasting our time with your gripes......

Thanks! :)