Failed to install TWRP...trying to fix aftermath

Search This thread

Sytheii

Jul 8, 2011
Venice
I have searched around, and have tried to find a solution, but I cannot seem to figure out a way to fix this issue.

Rooted the phone, then tried to install TWRP via goo manager, with the intention of perhaps putting KitKat on the phone, but the custom recovery installation seemed to fail, and I was able to get the phone to boot back up by;

I ended up booting into download mode (volume down + home +power) and then I got prompted for did I really want to do that, I responded no and the phone booted up.

I found that helpful post here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ck-after-installing-twrp-via-goo-manager.html

So now I am using the phone, and rebooting the phone works fine. But an OTA update is out, and phone says time to install, and I attempted to do so, but end up back at the same screen before, and have to boot into download mode again to get the phone to start back up.

I am not sure of what happened to the phone to cause this, but something obviously did. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction for at the bare minimum allowing me to install updates on the phone in the future.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
I have searched around, and have tried to find a solution, but I cannot seem to figure out a way to fix this issue.

Rooted the phone, then tried to install TWRP via goo manager, with the intention of perhaps putting KitKat on the phone, but the custom recovery installation seemed to fail, and I was able to get the phone to boot back up by;

I ended up booting into download mode (volume down + home +power) and then I got prompted for did I really want to do that, I responded no and the phone booted up.

I found that helpful post here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ck-after-installing-twrp-via-goo-manager.html

So now I am using the phone, and rebooting the phone works fine. But an OTA update is out, and phone says time to install, and I attempted to do so, but end up back at the same screen before, and have to boot into download mode again to get the phone to start back up.

I am not sure of what happened to the phone to cause this, but something obviously did. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction for at the bare minimum allowing me to install updates on the phone in the future.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unless you are a mdk firmware. ..you can't use goo manager. ..or install twrp or CWM ..The ONLY recovery is Safestrap. ..Please read some of the threads here

sent by safestrap enabled bajarom

Sytheii

Jul 8, 2011
Venice
Unless you are a mdk firmware. ..you can't use goo manager. ..or install twrp or CWM ..The ONLY recovery is Safestrap. ..Please read some of the threads here

How would I determine if I am a mdk firmware or not?

If I could install "safestrap" recovery, would that enable me to install the OTA updates? or at least manually install them via the recovery?

Just trying to undo whatever i botched...which i am still sort of unclear on...

I appreciate the help, I just am not sure what the next step is...can you point me in the right direction? Can you postulate what might have occurred when my failed install of TWRP happened, and keeping in mind the method of how i got the phone to start back up again, then deduce what to do to make it right?

My apologies and sincerest appreciation.

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
How would I determine if I am a mdk firmware or not?

If I could install "safestrap" recovery, would that enable me to install the OTA updates? or at least manually install them via the recovery?

Just trying to undo whatever i botched...which i am still sort of unclear on...

I appreciate the help, I just am not sure what the next step is...can you point me in the right direction? Can you postulate what might have occurred when my failed install of TWRP happened, and keeping in mind the method of how i got the phone to start back up again, then deduce what to do to make it right?

My apologies and sincerest appreciation.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606501

take a couple days and read this thread and the links found in this thread. Then spend another couple days reading a multitude of threads in these forums

Sytheii

Jul 8, 2011
Venice
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606501

take a couple days and read this thread and the links found in this thread. Then spend another couple days reading a multitude of threads in these forums

Fair enough. I was just hoping that from what I posted, someone would be like...oh you just need to do this, to revert back.

I can understand your stance on wanting to make newcomers sieve and sift through the info in the sea that is XDA for their one nugget, but sometimes asking a simple question, and receiving a simple answer, enriches the Internet's pool of cached available spot on search queries, and makes it easier for others who have botched a process to rectify.

I'll start with the thread you recommend, and see if I can't get there solo.

Thank you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Fair enough. I was just hoping that from what I posted, someone would be like...oh you just need to do this, to revert back.

I can understand your stance on wanting to make newcomers sieve and sift through the info in the sea that is XDA for their one nugget, but sometimes asking a simple question, and receiving a simple answer, enriches the Internet's pool of cached available spot on search queries, and makes it easier for others who have botched a process to rectify.

I'll start with the thread you recommend, and see if I can't get there solo.

Thank you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The more knowledge you gain on your phone will only help you.