How to successfully fix “Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue” for GT-N7100

Search This thread

tnt4ever

Jan 22, 2009
Milton Keynes
hello every one

as the subject says if you soft brick your phone for whatso ever reason( and you are facing Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue on display when turning on,
then this solution might be very helpful for you
i was on 4.3 with MJ5 boot loader, made the mistake didnt checked the phone info and tried to downgraded the firmware caused my phone soft bricked
the worst thing i realized i didnt made any backup( even the EFS back up was lost)

in short the story is..

i asked couple of people for advise,
i tried following to bring my phone back

* Samsung Kies( recovery Modes by entering Device Serial Numbers and Model Name) Result: Failed, this device cant be upgraded/restored due to custom firmware
* Odin: 3.09 + stock firm ware ( 4.3 from O2uk and then 4.3 3 Uk) Result: failed, error message, missing PIT File
* Tried to find PIT File online but there are few places you can get stock 4.3 Firmware Extracted PIT File to flash) tried here http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1927983, result failed
* then tried different firmwares ( European, French 4.3, UK 4.1 with and Without PIT file ( http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/) but failed again, the ODIN 3.09 was not helping out here

I was about to give up here but then steff advise me to try and flash rescue firm ware from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32273406 link but only 2nd firm ware ( not the 1st or 3rd, ) for some reason the 4.1 rescue firmware link is down,( download from here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/qs9wigflyrwp8ip/N7100XXDLL7_N7100OXADLL4_N7100XXDLK7_FACTORY_XEF.rar)
Android - 4.1.2
PDA - N7100XXDLL7
CSC - MULTI XEF_N7100OXADLL4
RADIO - N7100XXDLK7
DOWNLOAD_N7100XXDLL7_FACTORY (2012-28-12)(
and steff helped me out with his drop box to upload the rescue firm ware ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfdh3mgbv34c3ti/N7100XXDLL7_N7100OXADLL4_N7100XXDLK7_FACTORY_XEF.rar )
any way by extracing the rescue firmware 4.1, and doing PIT file flash with Odin 3.09 didnt worked either, so as per advise i changed the Odin 3.09 to 3.07( download from ( Odin 3.07 - XDA-Developers)
i was successfuly able to flash PIT ( done this number of times , at first flashed rescue firmware with PIT File, failed half way cause the PIT was flashed but firmware couldnt went through, then flashed rescue firmware 4.1 alone
stopped half way, again started in download mode and flashed it went through and finally phone booted up)

* NOw the IMEI was gone, tried to enter phone engineering screen to update the IMEI from GPR Service Menu but failed
* i flashed MJ5 boot loader to see if it works fine failed again.

* Finally i was told to flash Stock 4.4 KK which will remove all bugs from the phone and hope fully the phone will boot with correct imei
downloaded 4.4 from this link ( https://mega.co.nz/#!2QRmCbyb!YkWs927BfvYxqL-vJiQHXkshqG3UtqHm4XIDbgLsEK0) fast download, and flashed successfully , which bring my note back to life
everything works fine
* I tried to flash 4.4.2 direct to see if it works( both with Odin 3.09 and 3.07 before flashing rescue firm ware but this didnt work either

* IMportant Points:

Avoid flashing any rom/kernal unless you are sure what you are doing
* always keep a nand back up prior to any flashing
* always read good enough before you flash
* and even if you read enough and something went wrong, use your phone for parts and pay for the charity at the end:)

i hope this is simple guide for you to sort your bricked phone from the error'' firmware upgrade encountered an issue please connect with kies''

special thanks to smeet.somaiya , singhpratik87 , , Logel, nitol, and Specially to steff195 for providing all links up and running

this will save time and money to those who are out of warranty

thanks

Last edited:

tnt4ever

Jan 22, 2009
Milton Keynes
Hi @tnt4ever Please help me, I softkitted my n7100, and by reading you guide I need factory firmwire, but the download link is not working, could you please share it???

I have requested steff to upload the rescue firmware Dropbox link just wait for that
If u can find that somewhere else u can try in the mean while give it a Google search

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

carlinleos

Nov 4, 2013
WoW! guys you rock!!! i was able to fix the issue!!! thanks and best regards

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

Hello
Have you tried loading 4.4 with odin
What is the issue with the phone...?

Thatd what I did, I downloaded, a stock 4.4 And flashed it using Odin, let me tell you I was scared!

ibraahim

Mar 2, 2009
Mumbai
@tnt4ever I always have problem flashing any firmware, official or custom, either the imei goes corrupt or phone goes in emergency calls only. Can I flash this firmware to get out of the situation and get OTA update for 4.1.2, 4.3 or 4.4.2.

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

tnt4ever

Jan 22, 2009
Milton Keynes
@tnt4ever I always have problem flashing any firmware, official or custom, either the imei goes corrupt or phone goes in emergency calls only. Can I flash this firmware to get out of the situation and get OTA update for 4.1.2, 4.3 or 4.4.2.

Thanks.

Ibrahim this can be a corrupt partiton
I have explained everything in details I tried
I am not a developer but I have experienced almost every possible way out to flash my phone and it worked as well
What is the actual story of your phone, can you please explain in detail what happened before you may start any solution
If possible details
Regards

Last edited:

tnt4ever

Jan 22, 2009
Milton Keynes
WoW! guys you rock!!! i was able to fix the issue!!! thanks and best regards

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

Thats what I did, I downloaded, a stock 4.4 And flashed it using Odin, let me tell you I was scared!

Happy to see you are back on life with your note 2

ibraahim

Mar 2, 2009
Mumbai
@tnt4ever my problem is this...

Guys I have been experimenting with a lots of custom roms, but flashing them only results in emergency calls only. My imei remains intact but mobile network does not work.
I have tried flashing Wanamlite v3.9, Phoenix 13, Omega 17-18, tried changing modems, ariza patch, restoring efs via terminal emulator and note 2 tool kit.

Right now I am on XXDLL7 and DDDMG1 (patched using Zuluman's modem patcher and it worked!!!)

I have successfully flashed 4.4.2 dn3 v5 with patched kernel, but due to some reasons I prefer 4.1.2, and would like to use any of the four aforementioned custom roms.

Please help. Thanks.

steff195

Nov 5, 2008
Severin
Hey guys, sorry for the delay...

Dunno if the link provided by ibraahim is efficient for anyone having a problem, if it does, it's fine by me, but when I had troubles months ago (because I ticked "Nand Erase All" option in Odin, thus corrupting my bootloader and messing up my phone) I tried all the solutions from this link and, as tnt4ever well remembered to specify in OP, only the 2nd firmware from that link worked. That file was the only one to contain all three required files to re-write the bootloader and related stuff (param.img, tz.img, sboot.bin), along with the .pit file, for re-partition. Ibraahim's file is the one from the 3rd file from that link, so I remember it didn't contain all those files. But, I repeat, according to your phone's problem, that firmware could be just fine to fix your problem. For me, it didn't.

So, as OP stated, the links are not available anymore, but I have the file on my pc and uploaded (again) to my Dropbox, if anyone needs it. The problem is that Dropbox doesn't allow excessive file download and thus the file may become unavilable for download (as it did before). So, the one(s) who get to grab the file, is more than welcome to mirror it.

N7100XXDLL7_N7100OXADLL4_N7100XXDLK7_FACTORY_XEF.rar

Btw, tnt4ever: didn't you already have this file, since you downloaded and tried it, so you could upload it somewhere? :confused:

Last edited:

tnt4ever

Jan 22, 2009
Milton Keynes

Dunno if the link provided by ibraahim is efficient for anyone having a problem, if it does, it's fine by me, but when I had troubles months ago (because I ticked "Nand Erase All" option in Odin, thus corrupting my bootloader and messing up my phone) I tried all the solutions from this link and, as tnt4ever well remembered to specify in OP, only the 2nd firmware from that link worked. That file was the only one to contain all three required files to re-write the bootloader and related stuff (param.img, tz.img, sboot.bin), along with the .pit file, for re-partition. Ibraahim's file is the one from the 3rd file from that link, so I remember it didn't contain all those files. But, I repeat, according to your phone's problem, that firmware could be just fine to fix your problem. For me, it didn't.

So, as OP stated, the links are not available anymore, but I have the file on my pc and uploaded (again) to my Dropbox, if anyone needs it. The problem is that Dropbox doesn't allow excessive file download and thus the file may become unavilable for download (as it did before). So, the one(s) who get to grab the file, is more than welcome to mirror it.

Btw, tnt4ever: didn't you already have this file, since you downloaded and tried it, so you could upload it somewhere? :confused:

Hello steff
Thanks for your detailed reply
As I said I am travelling at the moment
I do have the file saved in my pic you provided and I didn't get time to upload it
Any way I will do this in the first instance this week as I have to travel for work during the week and long week caused a lot of work delays

Thanks for the help but if you can advise where I can mirror it easily would be nice.

tnt4ever

Jan 22, 2009
Milton Keynes

Hello

Is your issue sorted now with the link provided by steff..?

@tnt4ever my problem is this...

Guys I have been experimenting with a lots of custom roms, but flashing them only results in emergency calls only. My imei remains intact but mobile network does not work.
I have tried flashing Wanamlite v3.9, Phoenix 13, Omega 17-18, tried changing modems, ariza patch, restoring efs via terminal emulator and note 2 tool kit.

Right now I am on XXDLL7 and DDDMG1 (patched using Zuluman's modem patcher and it worked!!!)

I have successfully flashed 4.4.2 dn3 v5 with patched kernel, but due to some reasons I prefer 4.1.2, and would like to use any of the four aforementioned custom roms.

Please help. Thanks.

ibraahim

Mar 2, 2009
Mumbai
@tnt4ever, I flashed the above ROM but I still have problem with imei.... it becomes 0049×××. What do you suggest now.
Actually I don't want to flash any 4.3 or above Rom. I do get everything working on 4.3 and above with patched kernel and modem. But I need to get 4.1.2 working without tripping imei or getting emergency calls only.

Can you please find a 4.1.1 rom for me. Please.

tnt4ever

Jan 22, 2009
Milton Keynes
@tnt4ever, I flashed the above ROM but I still have problem with imei.... it becomes 0049×××. What do you suggest now.
Actually I don't want to flash any 4.3 or above Rom. I do get everything working on 4.3 and above with patched kernel and modem. But I need to get 4.1.2 working without tripping imei or getting emergency calls only.

Can you please find a 4.1.1 rom for me. Please.

hello Ibrahim
i find it really funny but to be very honest once you flash stock 4.4.2( download and flash with doing 3.07) then your imei issue will be sorted
i used stock 4.4 for few days then i rooted the phone and went back on latest dn3 v5+ rom
anyway once you got your working phone then you can Do whatever you want ( rooting flashing any rom you wish)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello every one

as the subject says if you soft brick your phone for whatso ever reason( and you are facing Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue on display when turning on,
    then this solution might be very helpful for you
    i was on 4.3 with MJ5 boot loader, made the mistake didnt checked the phone info and tried to downgraded the firmware caused my phone soft bricked
    the worst thing i realized i didnt made any backup( even the EFS back up was lost)

in short the story is..

i asked couple of people for advise,
    i tried following to bring my phone back

* Samsung Kies( recovery Modes by entering Device Serial Numbers and Model Name) Result: Failed, this device cant be upgraded/restored due to custom firmware
    * Odin: 3.09 + stock firm ware ( 4.3 from O2uk and then 4.3 3 Uk) Result: failed, error message, missing PIT File
    * Tried to find PIT File online but there are few places you can get stock 4.3 Firmware Extracted PIT File to flash) tried here http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1927983, result failed
    * then tried different firmwares ( European, French 4.3, UK 4.1 with and Without PIT file ( http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/) but failed again, the ODIN 3.09 was not helping out here

I was about to give up here but then steff advise me to try and flash rescue firm ware from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32273406 link but only 2nd firm ware ( not the 1st or 3rd, ) for some reason the 4.1 rescue firmware link is down,( download from here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/qs9wigflyrwp8ip/N7100XXDLL7_N7100OXADLL4_N7100XXDLK7_FACTORY_XEF.rar)
    Android - 4.1.2
    PDA - N7100XXDLL7
    CSC - MULTI XEF_N7100OXADLL4
    RADIO - N7100XXDLK7
    DOWNLOAD_N7100XXDLL7_FACTORY (2012-28-12)(
    and steff helped me out with his drop box to upload the rescue firm ware ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfdh3mgbv34c3ti/N7100XXDLL7_N7100OXADLL4_N7100XXDLK7_FACTORY_XEF.rar )
    any way by extracing the rescue firmware 4.1, and doing PIT file flash with Odin 3.09 didnt worked either, so as per advise i changed the Odin 3.09 to 3.07( download from ( Odin 3.07 - XDA-Developers)
    i was successfuly able to flash PIT ( done this number of times , at first flashed rescue firmware with PIT File, failed half way cause the PIT was flashed but firmware couldnt went through, then flashed rescue firmware 4.1 alone
    stopped half way, again started in download mode and flashed it went through and finally phone booted up)

* NOw the IMEI was gone, tried to enter phone engineering screen to update the IMEI from GPR Service Menu but failed
    * i flashed MJ5 boot loader to see if it works fine failed again.

* Finally i was told to flash Stock 4.4 KK which will remove all bugs from the phone and hope fully the phone will boot with correct imei
    downloaded 4.4 from this link ( https://mega.co.nz/#!2QRmCbyb!YkWs927BfvYxqL-vJiQHXkshqG3UtqHm4XIDbgLsEK0) fast download, and flashed successfully , which bring my note back to life
    everything works fine
    * I tried to flash 4.4.2 direct to see if it works( both with Odin 3.09 and 3.07 before flashing rescue firm ware but this didnt work either

* IMportant Points:

Avoid flashing any rom/kernal unless you are sure what you are doing
    * always keep a nand back up prior to any flashing
    * always read good enough before you flash
    * and even if you read enough and something went wrong, use your phone for parts and pay for the charity at the end:)

i hope this is simple guide for you to sort your bricked phone from the error'' firmware upgrade encountered an issue please connect with kies''

special thanks to smeet.somaiya , singhpratik87 , , Logel, nitol, and Specially to steff195 for providing all links up and running

this will save time and money to those who are out of warranty

thanks
    @tnt4ever awesome guide dude :)

are you sure then its not a hardware fault..?
    i just assumed but why dont you keep your phone working on a 4.4 or custom 4.4
    see rom section you have more good choices..!

But that would mean flashing a nd3 bootloader which is non degradable to 4.1.2. And What am I trying to do is, make 4.1.2 work on my phone. My imei remains intact but I am not able to receive signals.

hello,
    im using 4.4.2 stock firmware and have some problems with gyro/rotation sensors that im hoping to resolve with the rescue firmware, but im afraid because of downgrading the firmware. So can someone to confirm that the above procedure will work or ill just brick my device?

Maybe recalibrating will help:

Type *#0*# in the dialer and click on "sensor".

On the bottom left you can see "Magnetic Sensor" in a black circle. If there´s a 0 in it, you Need to calibrate like this:

~3x turn device around the perpendicular axis - a 1 should appear
    ~3x turn device flat around the axis - a2 should appear
    ~3x turn device sidewards around the axis - now a 3 and a blue line should appear

Sorry for my english - i tried my best.

C U
    WeT-Klb