Wireless Charging Issues

Search This thread

oxxshadow

Apr 2, 2012
So recently I purchased a LuguLake wireless charger for my Nexus 4.

Anyways, I am having issues with it chagring. It charges 2 %, and then stops for some odd reason. Does anyone have issues with charging on their wireless chargers? Any potential solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

Abby Oddie

Aug 13, 2014
I actually have this same problem. My phone is also on the Nexus4. I can hear my phone trying to push its own buttons. So far it has only mad a text message. The phone is usually locked with the Pattern Security so I just hear it making clicking noises but it never gets through. I think it might be easier to put a Qi receiver in the phone and use the standard back. Just a thought. It's what I did with my Nexus4. The iBlason case still fits, and the phone charges through it.

paul c

Nov 15, 2006
Madrid

Anyways, I am having issues with it chagring. It charges 2 %, and then stops for some odd reason. Does anyone have issues with charging on their wireless chargers? Any potential solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

It's possible your charger is defective. I know very little about that brand...

I have a small QI charger, it's 5cm diameter approx and offers output of 1500mAh. Works fine, through a Ringke case. The sweet spot on the N4 is in the bottom 1/3 of the phone and it charges consistently well.

QI is meant to be OK for a distance of 5mm so bear that in mind - that is, a normal case shouldn't affect its use. You should hear the phone bleep when it sits correctly on the pad. If it doesn't that could be your problem. Keep the screen on while charging (should be an option, depending on the ROM you're using), then you can see if/when/why it stops charging via the battery indicator on the status bar.

If your phone charges well via cable, you could try the following: install Battery Monitor Widget and check the rate of charge with the cable and wireless - both cables plugged into the same wall charger, test one then the other. Ensure the phone is reflecting the charge state correctly (that is, it doesn't go from eg 15% to 100%, where the chargers should cut off).

If your phone is OK, get one of your friends with a QI enabled phone to test the charger. If you don't have friends with such a phone, try testing it in a phone shop where you know the staff or preferably the place you bought the QI charger from (if you bought it over the internet, locate a large department store which sells it, where they won't ask you for a receipt)

If all of that is not possible, I'd just return it and get them to send you another one...

Last edited:

kunalmothe

Aug 13, 2014
LuguLake wireless charger

Hello,
LuguLake wireless charger is great concept fo Google Nexus. I waiting for such tool for my Motorola mobile.