Stock ATT KitKat: How do you change network mode (Tmobile)?

Search This thread

aaivazi

Oct 7, 2011
Hi everyone.

I was hoping someone would be in the know in terms of figuring out a way to change network mode on the new stock ATT kitkat rom. I am currently on Tmobile and heavily depended on the ability to change network mode to GSM/WCDMA preferred or auto on JB. I managed to enable this previously hidden menu by altering the build.prop file ro.networkmode to enable.
Unfortunately, now, even after making that same quick edit with text editor, the menu is no longer available and i'm stuck on weak LTE signals for calls.
If anyone knows a work around, or a step that I am missing please fill me in!

Thanks!!

Reactions: olorin

dpalmer76

Oct 4, 2012
Mississippi
Hi everyone.

I was hoping someone would be in the know in terms of figuring out a way to change network mode on the new stock ATT kitkat rom. I am currently on Tmobile and heavily depended on the ability to change network mode to GSM/WCDMA preferred or auto on JB. I managed to enable this previously hidden menu by altering the build.prop file ro.networkmode to enable.
Unfortunately, now, even after making that same quick edit with text editor, the menu is no longer available and i'm stuck on weak LTE signals for calls.

Thanks!!

Use HK version for e988

Sent from my ME302KL using Tapatalk

uscanst56

Oct 25, 2012
Hmmm why does this work? Operator tls = telstra? Aussie provider? I need to do some prop digging.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

esimon311

Mar 10, 2013
V-Town
I used "build prop editor" changed
ro.build.target_operator=ATT to
ro.build.target_operator=OPEN.
And can change my network mode.

It also got rid of ATT in status bar changed to 4G icon.
Only negative outcome was sub tethering was disabled also. But I never use that feature.

Attachments

• 1401391210045.jpg
    1401391210045.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 187

dpalmer76

Oct 4, 2012
Mississippi
I used "build prop editor" changed
ro.build.target_operator=ATT to
ro.build.target_operator=OPEN.
And can change my network mode.

It also got rid of ATT in status bar changed to 4G icon.
Only negative outcome was sub tethering was disabled also. But I never use that feature.

What is enhanced lte mode, I saw it in your screen shot.?

esimon311

Mar 10, 2013
V-Town

Good question I didn't notice that. I'm on LTE Now...and when I click it the whole screen Grey's out.. if I close settings and reopen them It's unchecked. :what:

Attachments

• 1401410705203.jpg
    1401410705203.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: dpalmer76

Mervingio

Mar 28, 2011
Elysium
OnePlus 7 Pro
Good question I didn't notice that. I'm on LTE Now...and when I click it the whole screen Grey's out.. if I close settings and reopen them It's unchecked. :what:

Did you live in Chicago? maybe you are a lucky one that can use VoLTE from att but i dont think our device are capable but who knows ?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone.

Thanks!!
    I changed ro.build.target_operator = TLS and enabled ro.networkmode and it works

got the idea from this post
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=44161348