[Q] Is there a manual way to update the S3 to 4.3? (AT&T phone)

Search This thread

Lok3sh

Feb 4, 2011
Hey guys,

I just bought an unlocked S3 that was on the AT&T network. It is running 4.1.1. I tried looking for updates but it says I'm currently on the latest available firmware (which isn't true obviously). So my question is, can I somehow update it manually? By downloading the firmware file and flashing it myself perhaps? Did a couple of searches but couldn't find anything related to this specifically.

Would really appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Last edited:

public3n3my

Jan 5, 2014
MountVille
If I were you, I won't go to 4.3 because of knok bootloader.. Just stay on 4.1JB of go for custom 4.4.2kitkat .

But if u don't plan to root your phone then go on. Because Knok will record/count when you break the warranty policy by rooting.and that can't be reset and undo.

Search for S3 LTE android 4.3 manual upgrade on google.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

hayabusa08

Jan 9, 2011
Singapore
1. Root your phone.
2. Install/purchase mobileodin pro.
3. Download 4.3 firmware from sammobile.
4. Install firmware using mobileodin pro and keep root or not.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Hey guys,

I just bought an unlocked S3 that was on the AT&T network. It is running 4.1.1. I tried looking for updates but it says I'm currently on the latest available firmware (which isn't true obviously). So my question is, can I somehow update it manually? By downloading the firmware file and flashing it myself perhaps? Did a couple of searches but couldn't find anything related to this specifically.

Would really appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Is it an I9305 as per this forums firmware ???

Lok3sh

Feb 4, 2011
If I were you, I won't go to 4.3 because of knok bootloader.. Just stay on 4.1JB of go for custom 4.4.2kitkat .

But if u don't plan to root your phone then go on. Because Knok will record/count when you break the warranty policy by rooting.and that can't be reset and undo.

Search for S3 LTE android 4.3 manual upgrade on google.

Gotcha, thanks for the heads up. My S3 is well out of warranty, so would this still have a negative impact on me if it records the number of times I break the warranty policy?

1. Root your phone.
2. Install/purchase mobileodin pro.
3. Download 4.3 firmware from sammobile.
4. Install firmware using mobileodin pro and keep root or not.

Thanks, this is helpful. I'll check sammobile.

Also I saw another couple of steps that looked like it would be possible to do straight from the recovery menu instead of through a 3rd party software like mobileodin. Would these steps work?

1) Download the Stock OTA Update 4.3 I747UCUEMJB from here:
2) Copy it to your external SD card.
3) Reboot recovery, then navigate down and choose "install update from SD card".
Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button. Use volume keys to select and Power or Home key to select the option. Then just wait until it completely finishes flashing.

Is it an I9305 as per this forums firmware ???

My bad, this is the i747.

public3n3my

Jan 5, 2014
MountVille
Well if you not in the warranty then it's fine..

BTW, stock Rom is on the .tar.md5 format then u can't use the recovery to install it. You need Odin to flash it.
Mobile Odin is expensive. Why don't you just download free PC version of Odin that compatible with your device and flash it.

Lok3sh

Feb 4, 2011
Well if you not in the warranty then it's fine..

BTW, stock Rom is on the .tar.md5 format then u can't use the recovery to install it. You need Odin to flash it.
Mobile Odin is expensive. Why don't you just download free PC version of Odin that compatible with your device and flash it.

Oh got it.

Yes I would much rather use the free PC Odin than Mobile Odin.

Basically all I have to do is look for the stock 4.3 rom for the i747, then flash through Odin. Right?

Sam mobile does not have the 4.3 AT&T rom. I guess I'll have to look somewhere else.

hayabusa08

Jan 9, 2011
Singapore
Personally i would and have purchased the mobileodin pro. Never needed a pc in my years of using samsung phones. From flashing official firmwares to kernels recoveries and all. Its worth the price. Trust me. Everything can be done without a pc near u. Download firmware on ur phone. Flash it from ur phone. Just think of it as a payment for your electric bills. A small portion of it. :) and its not only limited to s3 but many models of the samsung phones aswell.

Found a link for you bro.

http://www.smartphonejam.com/2013/1...ial-android43-i747ucuemjb-ota-update.html?m=1

Lok3sh

Feb 4, 2011
Personally i would and have purchased the mobileodin pro. Never needed a pc in my years of using samsung phones. From flashing official firmwares to kernels recoveries and all. Its worth the price. Trust me. Everything can be done without a pc near u. Download firmware on ur phone. Flash it from ur phone. Just think of it as a payment for your electric bills. A small portion of it. :) and its not only limited to s3 but many models of the samsung phones aswell.

Found a link for you bro.

http://www.smartphonejam.com/2013/1...ial-android43-i747ucuemjb-ota-update.html?m=1

Awesome thanks so much for the link!

Unfortunately I'm on 4.1.1 and not 4.1.2. Will this be a big problem? Do I need to first get to 4.1.2 and then go to 4.3 or can I just directly flash to 4.3?

I would consider mobileodin pro, but I'm doing this for my girlfriends phone that I just bought, and I doubt I will ever need it again. I'm not going to be flashing her phone any more. So free would be useful :) Especially seeing as how it should have updated OTA on it's own anyway and has not. Which is frustrating. I'm still on 4.1.1 on top of that. Oh well.