Which browser do you use?

Search This thread

SacGuru

Dec 9, 2012
Try NakedBrowser. It is very very fast and from an xda member.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fevdev.nakedbrowser

Oh, and it's 114kb. Is that light enough? :p

I tried naked browser, and really liked it, thanks a lot for recommending. The thing is, I want a browser which uses as less data as possible. Does the naked browser compresses data well, like opera mini?

Fast but ugly UI puts me off. Not UI friendly and does lack on features. I guess that's why its called naked browser.

Am using boat for flash videos and chrome for everything else.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

As I said, I just tried naked browser. I will agree with you on the fact that it's interface is not as conventionally pleasing to the eyes as say, Boat's or Dolphin's is, but I dont think it's lacking in any feature. Infact I find it has more features than Dolphin, which I used to use earlier, such as searching for text on page...

Sent from my GT-N7100 or the Nexus 10, heaven knows.

Those who help noobs go to heaven. True story.

rlattin24

Apr 8, 2013
I tried naked browser, and really liked it, thanks a lot for recommending. The thing is, I want a browser which uses as less data as possible. Does the naked browser compresses data well, like opera mini?

As I said, I just tried naked browser. I will agree with you on the fact that it's interface is not as conventionally pleasing to the eyes as say, Boat's or Dolphin's is, but I dont think it's lacking in any feature. Infact I find it has more features than Dolphin, which I used to use earlier, such as searching for text on page...

Check out Baidu browser it claims to cut data usage by 90% and unlike opera mini it looks decent on our nexus 10.don't know if it's for you though but you can check it out

Reactions: SacGuru

rlattin24

Apr 8, 2013
I haven't actually tired Baidu till writing this post but man is fast and sweet and has the feature i like from dolphin where it lets you select your save destination per file

Valynor

Nov 22, 2008

SacGuru

Dec 9, 2012
Check out Baidu browser it claims to cut data usage by 90% and unlike opera mini it looks decent on our nexus 10.don't know if it's for you though but you can check it out

Baidu looks nice, thanks :)

MG386

Jun 14, 2011
Gilbert
Aosp browser. Faster leaner than chrome. Integrated flash support.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

gamepois0n

Mar 1, 2013
I uses chrome mainly caz for all my bookmarks, download and flash view, I switch to firefox.

gamepois0n

Mar 1, 2013
each browser have its own unique function(s).

FireFox and UCbrowser are able to view flash and supports all ways of downloads but lack in bookmark support

while chrome able to backup bookmarks to your google account and better support on YouTube make it quite nice but lack in flash and download support is its downfall.

mustbepbs

Nov 19, 2011
Either Boat Browser or the AOSP browser. Both are excellent, with AOSP being a little smoother.

thekoRngear

Jul 25, 2012
Firefox sync also works for me on my S3. Successfully imported (or synced) all the desktop bookmarks from my desktop. the interface is really cool.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Must be rooted... Go to /data/data/mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser/shared_prefs

Delete the file mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser_preferences.xml

You won't lose any features, and you also won't be able to turn off flash... You could just rename the file to .xml1 or something so it can't read it

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

I think dolphin had an add on for flash

Sent from my Xperia Play (r800x)
    They did but they turned it off when adobe stopped supporting new devices... It won't let you turn it on... Deleting the file above turns it on, I couldn't figure out what it is in the file that turns it off, so I just deleted the whole thing and it worked...
    spyware

Decided to give boat browser a.try and.liked it so much I bought.the license for it

Boat is the same kind of crapware as Dolphin. I posted this in the Boat thread here on XDA a while back and got no response from them.

Comment on this analysis of Boat: http://mobilesandbox.org/xml_report_static/?q=351712

0. Why is Boat reading contacts?
    1. Why is Boat reading data logs?
    2. Why is Boat reading last known location?
    3. Why is Boat reading the subscriber and device IDs?
    4. Why is Boat encrypting and phoning home data?
    5. What about all of the other garbage brought to light by that analysis?

Boat users need to know the answers to all of these questions.
    Cool, I'll give it a try tonight! I'm running AOKP 4.2.2 with the ICS Browser, but Flash works a bit wonky, and when I'm on Reddit, I have to tap the back button twice for some reason to go back a page. Cool Beans, thanks for the rec, I will buy the full version of Boat Browser. Cheers!!!

Careful, I would not trust Boat, Dolphin, and many of the browsers out there. For example, I posted the following in Boat's XDA thread a while back and they have not addressed it.

Comment on this analysis of Boat: http://mobilesandbox.org/xml_report_static/?q=351712

0. Why is Boat reading contacts?
    1. Why is Boat reading data logs?
    2. Why is Boat reading last known location?
    3. Why is Boat reading the subscriber and device IDs?
    4. Why is Boat encrypting and phoning home data?
    5. What about all of the other garbage brought to light by that analysis?

Boat users need to know the answers to all of these questions.
    Can anyone advice me on which is the lightest browser which looks good on the 10 inch screen too? I am on a limited wifi plan and dolphin uses up a huge amount of my data limit. I tried opera mini but it's toolbars and all are very small for the n10...

Sent from my GTN7100 or the Nexus 10, heaven knows.

Try NakedBrowser. It is very very fast and from an xda member.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fevdev.nakedbrowser

Oh, and it's 114kb. Is that light enough? :p
    Cool how'd you manage that I downloaded adobe and it still didn't work for me

I think dolphin had an add on for flash

Sent from my Xperia Play (r800x)