Available at Amazon Germany soon: Click

But pretty expensive at 69,- € ...

Last edited:

skynogi

Jun 26, 2013
Wow

Wow, it's pretty expensive!

57585a6a3.jpg

This is WCD-800 and it's similar to WCD-100 and same price. (From Korea)

stunt_101

May 6, 2013
wow thats pretty pricey. hopefully there'll be similar Chi chargers for a much lower price.

bluebobx

Feb 9, 2011
Fife
is the wireless charger works ok? its pretty cheap stuff.
how is the charging speed?
Clove (in the UK) are doing a deal where you get the WCD-100 free when you pre-order the G3, and since their price is only £20 (US$34) more than Amazon UK are doing it for that seems like a pretty sweet deal to me. The RRP for the WCD-100 is £59.99 (US$102) here, so you're effectively saving £40 (US$68)

Can't comment on the charging speed, but if it's like the other wireless charging "solutions" then it'll be slower than a proper cabled connection, but certainly fast/good enough to suit an overnight (/nightstand) or desk charge. I came across a G3 review (sorry, can't find the link) that says that the G3 is smart enough to warn you - with a pop up - when the phone isn't properly docked in the charger. If true then that's a neat feature, all the other wireless charging things I've used only confirm when the unit is docked correctly, (e.g. HP Touchpad "bongs").

Having had the official Samsung S3 charging dock I'll be interested to see if the LG charger supports the phone better than the Samsung's one does, and also if the G3 has a "docked" mode like the S3 does.

Reactions: dbaric

Maine_Coon

Sep 24, 2009
i also found some funky wireless chargers from ebay. but dunno if they are any good. i mean they are ridiculously cheap...

I picked two of these up. LG QI charging pads WCP-300 (flat, not stands) for $20 each. Not sure if the deal is still active. but here was the link.

https://www.dailysteals.com/icemonkey/#d/22512

This one works just fine with the missus Nexus 5. I see no reason why they will not work w/G3.

cnn888

Dec 13, 2008
Far be it for me to speak for this site. First time I ordered from there.

But Yes, I did recieve my chargers. They actualy came faster than expected and I got them Saturday.

thanks, i will have a consider this option until my G3 actually arrives in 9 days time. if the deal is still up, i think i gonna take the plunge.
my other consideration is that it would take about 6 hours to fully charge the 3,000 mAh battery wirelessly?!? that's like... forever...

there is another steal just came out, the incipio wireless charging pad for $13. tried to get that, but turns out that the merchant does not accept overseas paypal account. :D

Last edited:

ds306

Jun 28, 2014
I've got one of the cheap chargers from Amazon, it was working with my nexus 4 and then when my g3 arrived it wouldn't work with it.

However, it's not working with my nexus 4 too after trying it again today, so I think I might've just got a dodgey charger. But, someone else on the forum has had the same exact problem I'm having; charging for a couple seconds, then disconnect.

Was thinking about getting the official one, but tbh spending £30ish to stick a wire into something else and charge my phone on that a little bit slower doesn't really seem worth it.

cnn888

Dec 13, 2008
My cheapo charger does not work at all. It detects a device placed but my g3 ignores it. Makes me wonder besides following the Qi standards, what else needs to be in place?

lol
thanks for the update though. lucky i havent made my purchase yet.

btw, does your phone gets hot easily?

MasK

May 15, 2005
Singapore
www.imraneo.com
lol
thanks for the update though. lucky i havent made my purchase yet.

btw, does your phone gets hot easily?

It does get warm near the cam area when playing games. Nothing unusual to me.
Just one time it got extra hot when I was converting from Dalvik->ART and the screen refused to turn off. The conversion took a while to complete as it has to convert over 200 apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    wow thats pretty pricey. hopefully there'll be similar Chi chargers for a much lower price.

Any of the qi chargers would work ... just need the back from LG

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=q...sid=p2053742.m2428.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xqi+charger

Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    is the wireless charger works ok? its pretty cheap stuff.
    how is the charging speed?
    Clove (in the UK) are doing a deal where you get the WCD-100 free when you pre-order the G3, and since their price is only £20 (US$34) more than Amazon UK are doing it for that seems like a pretty sweet deal to me. The RRP for the WCD-100 is £59.99 (US$102) here, so you're effectively saving £40 (US$68)

Can't comment on the charging speed, but if it's like the other wireless charging "solutions" then it'll be slower than a proper cabled connection, but certainly fast/good enough to suit an overnight (/nightstand) or desk charge. I came across a G3 review (sorry, can't find the link) that says that the G3 is smart enough to warn you - with a pop up - when the phone isn't properly docked in the charger. If true then that's a neat feature, all the other wireless charging things I've used only confirm when the unit is docked correctly, (e.g. HP Touchpad "bongs").

Having had the official Samsung S3 charging dock I'll be interested to see if the LG charger supports the phone better than the Samsung's one does, and also if the G3 has a "docked" mode like the S3 does.
    Good to hear. They seem like they will be small. (should get them monday)

So how big are they? About the size of a drink coaster?

yep..not big. not fancy either.just convenient.
    They require very specific placement and I find the G3 disconnects after a few minutes and won't charge again unless I take it off and put it back on.
    I get the same experience on both, with and without a case, so either the brand is sub-par or the qi contacts in the phone are faulty. I'd like to think the former!
    I've got the official WCD-100 charger and my Spigen "slimarmour" case does cause some problems. With it on I get the "reposition phone" message but the phone still seems to charge. Downsides are that the charging takes a lot longer than with a "bare" phone and also the back of the phone gets quite hot.

Luckily the Spigen case is pretty easy to get the phone in and out of, so I've now settled into a routine of popping it out of the case before putting it on the charger. Charge times are pretty quick too - but that's probably because of the tablet-spec charger that LG ship as standard with the phone (note, at least in the UK, the WCD-100 doesn't come with any charger). Phone still gets quite warm - certainly warmer than other inductively charged tech I've had before (like the HP Touchpad's).

Also noticed something else - if the phone is in a cooling draft, (near a window for example) - then charging times are reduced. Maybe it's just my phone but that battery is really temperature-sensitive.